Darius Butler Pre-Draft Workout

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dfitzp. Show dfitzp's posts

Darius Butler Pre-Draft Workout

http://www.joost.com/098wjf2/t/Darius-Butler-s-Mock-Combine#id=098wjf2

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrDoItchBig. Show DrDoItchBig's posts

Re: Darius Butler Pre-Draft Workout

I'm really excited about this kid, give him a year or two and he'll be one of the top corners in the NFL. I still can't believe we got him in the 2nd round lol

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

It is what it is.  He fell out of the 1st round.  I can't remember a pre draft prediction that had Chung going ahead of Butler but look what happened.  He has something that scared folks off.  His drop is about as bad as Maualuga's.   

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

[QUOTE]It is what it is.  He fell out of the 1st round.  I can't remember a pre draft prediction that had Chung going ahead of Butler but look what happened.  He has something that scared folks off.  His drop is about as bad as Maualuga's.   
    Posted by garytx[/QUOTE]

I’m not really one to look at all the irrelevant mock drafts these guys on ESPN and everywhere else have.  However, I can remember Chung’s name coming up more than once in discussion and Reiss once had him mixed in a mock draft I believe.  That’s one of the reasons I was surprised to see both him and Butler get picked up only because it they never seem to pick up anyone they’re projected to and to pick up two is even more surprising.  Just proves they know a lot about other teams draft boards to be able to get them both in the 2nd.

I think what may have hurt Butler is that he played for UConn (let’s be honest, it’s not “The U”) and I believe he only had 1 INT this past season.  With both of those items said, he was not thrown at other than near lateral passes.  He covers a lot of ground and that’s why people have been and, hopefully, will continue to be afraid of him.  Interception totals can be deceptive if you’re “the Hobbs” of the team getting thrown at every play.  Butler has been the opposite coming out of college.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Thanks for the info Sonny.  I didn't know much about him other than he was out of UConn and had some speed.