Darius Butler.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

Darius Butler.

Dude looked good in the game. I remember seeing him batting down a pass or two and being on tight coverage with WR #18. Boston herald reports that he pretty much shut down his assignment.

"And Butler (right) stayed out there, turning in his most impressive performance of the season. He batted down two passes, defended another, and didn’t allow a receiver he was covering to make a reception — a shutout."

Good to see the kid making strides. As a UConn alumini, I always rooted for him and it was sad to see him in the dog house. Granted, Bills don't have the best passing attack in the league, but this is a huge step forward for the kid. Let's hope he keeps up the good work against Miami and win his starting job back. Arrington is and always will be a great nickle corner with his physical style of play. Apparently, Butler is the most athletic corner in the roster, it is just a matter of him getting his fundamentals sorted out, which seems like he is doing.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Re: Darius Butler.

Hopefully this was just a "sophomore slump" year for him and he will now develop into the solid, really good player it looked like he would.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

He did look solid.  Good for him. He and Arrington will need to keep it up, as they'll be the nickel and dime next year behind McCourty and Bodden.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I haven't been a big fan of Butler, but he did look good yesterday.  With Wilhite injured, there's a definite role for him on the team.  I also thought Page looked pretty good yesterday.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

This has to be the first game that I actually thought Butler looked solid. As good a game as Gronk or the RB's had I thought that Butler was the most pleasant surprise of the lot.
    This team seems to be getting it on defense and I think we may still improve a bit for the playoffs. Our run defense will certainly get better with the return of injured and suspended players.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Page is a very heady player.   Big fan.  Great pick up by BB for peanuts (7th rd pick, I believe).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

If Darius is doing that much better than maybe they can stop playing Chung @ the nickel corner slot... 

Something tells me they want him in there because they feel they have the best group of young safeties in the game... but eventually chung is going to get burned by a legit slot WR like Boldin, Housamazilli or Dwayne Bo. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

BB likes Chung in there to single the TE. 

Chung is good enough to cover a Clark or Gates in single. Before, it was tough to do that with some slower Safeties like Rodney or James Sanders as the lone option.

BB countered the infusion of TEs, large and fast in the seams, by looking for that rover Safety. He has it.

If a team doesn't have a legit, Pro Bowl TE type, you probably won't see Chung asked to play that nickel.  I think we just see it as a copycat offensive approach so often, he's always out there.

Plus, he's a playmaker anyway.

I still think Butler will look better in between the hashes competing with Wilhite.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Yes, solid game by Butler.  It was good to see him put up a good performance yesterday.  BB obviously has confidence in him, must be showing well in practice.  Glad to see him succeed after some very poor games.  True winner showing what he's made of, imo.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

He's got his confidence back. He had the raw skills just needed some time to put things together. He's a guy who will eventually be a starter imo. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I noticed his play as well, he's playing much better. Good thing BB benched him before his confidence was destroyed like Wilhite. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

In Response to Re: Darius Butler.:
    [QUOTE]I noticed his play as well, he's playing much better. Good thing BB benched him before his confidence was destroyed like Wilhite. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

Did any of you notice that two of pass defenses were penalties against the Colts or Jets!

Those refs were not respecting the skill of either player... the defender or the wide out... he was looking at the facts Roosevelt who and Butler who???

Is he better YES, should he be playing slot corner in our nickel NO

If you are the 42 pick in the draft at corner and you have a 4.3 40 and a 42 inch vert. SHOULD a SS in Chung be playing SLOT corner in the NICKEL instead of YOU????????

I am sorry but that is sad.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: Darius Butler.:
    [QUOTE]I noticed his play as well, he's playing much better. Good thing BB benched him before his confidence was destroyed like Wilhite. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I wonder if BB's experience with Wilhite altered his approach with Butler.  Wilhite at least became respectable in the slot this year.  I think that's where he belonged anyway.  One game will not quite convince me on Butler, but seeing something good is still better than seeing something bad.

Sections
Shortcuts