Darius Butler

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mcboyd22. Show mcboyd22's posts

Darius Butler

Notice how he has been making some plays for Indy - do you think the light came on for him or simply an issue of defensive system?

Some others like Ted Larsen, Jeremy Mincey - playing a lot of snaps with other teams. 

Seems like its difficult to know when to give a guy another year and when to let them go. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re: Darius Butler

Man you are truly a legend in your own mind, Rusty. 

The way you just automatically know what other people think, feel, and experience without actually living those lives yourself is remarkable.  The NIH needs to get their hands on you.  I am convinced that your self-described intelligence could probably cure cancer and spinal cord injuries with relative ease. 

As I see it, Butler is simply a gambler that has been dealt a black jack a couple of times and won big.  What the general public doesn't see that most colts fans do is that when playing (he's been the nickel corner - not a starter) Butler does get beaten.  He sits on routes and gets taken advatage of - at times.

I am enough of a fan, because you take the bad with the good, but I do wish he'd be a little more consistent in his coverage.    

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Nice to see Butler make a few plays, but he's a third or fourth corner in a bad (and injured) secondary.  I don't think he was ever going to be the answer in New England.  

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

In response to UD6's comment:

My arrogance?  Sorry russ, not a single person demonstrates more arrogance on this board (Babe is a close second) than you, and it is exactly because of your arrogance that I said what I did. 

I'll accept that you don't get it.  You never do, although similar comments have been made to you in the past. 

What offended you about my analysis on Butler? Serious question. Could it be you didn't like what I said about the COlts past 2012? Hmm?

Oh, I think it is!  Otherwise, what in my analysis is "arrogant"?

Any negative comments said to me are said to me by trolls like you or people who I have embarrassed on a thread. Go look at the Jets thread.  If RKarp calls me any name, I really don't care.  If I cared what morons said to me, that'd be a problem, wouldn't it?

LOL - Of course you are reading my mind.  Thank you for proving my point. 

Here you go:

"Some of it was because they were all young at once with BB trying to get them up to speed on the fly at once, but some of it was they were thinking too much and just not playing."

How in the world would you know why players failed in New England?  And with all due respect, I really don't believe that you think it is "just your opinion", otherwise, you would have phrased it differently.  You write as if you KNOW everything, just as you've done above and frequently in your other posts. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

its really quite simple why Darius Butler didnt succeed here. HE BLOWS...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

My arrogance?  Sorry russ, not a single person demonstrates more arrogance on this board (Babe is a close second) than you, and it is exactly because of your arrogance that I said what I did. 

I'll accept that you don't get it.  You never do, although similar comments have been made to you in the past. 

What offended you about my analysis on Butler? Serious question. Could it be you didn't like what I said about the COlts past 2012? Hmm?

Oh, I think it is!  Otherwise, what in my analysis is "arrogant"?

Any negative comments said to me are said to me by trolls like you or people who I have embarrassed on a thread. Go look at the Jets thread.  If RKarp calls me any name, I really don't care.  If I cared what morons said to me, that'd be a problem, wouldn't it?

LOL - Of course you are reading my mind.  Thank you for proving my point. 

Here you go:

"Some of it was because they were all young at once with BB trying to get them up to speed on the fly at once, but some of it was they were thinking too much and just not playing."

How in the world would you know why players failed in New England?  And with all due respect, I really don't believe that you think it is "just your opinion", otherwise, you would have phrased it differently.  You write as if you KNOW everything, just as you've done above and frequently in your other posts. 

That's my opinion. BB asks a lot of his players on defense. This, I know. He runs different schemes and runs players from different positions all the time. We have testimony from primary sources, both with current and former players.

This is "arrogant", because in my opinion coming from the NCAA to a BB D, the degree of difficulty is steep and a player might not feel comfortable adjusting and it hampering their development?

Really? My take on the matter is "arrogant" to you?  Who do you think you are coming on here telling me what my opinion should be as I discuss a topic with a fellow Pats fan?

Your "take" here and almost everywhere else smacks of "I know and you don't" language. 

You rarely phrase your "takes" as "your opinion".  You phrase them as fact. 

And I think every coach asks much of his players because they made it to the highest level of football competition.  This is less about what you think of Butler himself, and more about the way you present yourself to the board. 

I'll disagree with you, however, about Butler in particular.  His failures in NE have less to do with the complexity of NE's defense, imo, and more to do with either his inability to change his style of play when it is requested of him or lack of talent.  Indy's secondary has been pretty bad the last few years save for Bethea.  that Butler doesn't start unless due to the injuries of others on this  bad defense, says much more about him than the complexities of NE's defense and a player's inability to "get it". 

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

Not sure how every other Pats fan on this forum feels about Butler....but I know I'm glad he is no longer part of this team.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to Rodimus77's comment:

Not sure how every other Pats fan on this forum feels about Butler....but I know I'm glad he is no longer part of this team.

+10000000 

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Look troll, junior may be a nitwit, but I'll take his morals over your loathsome "just a college prank" twisted hero worship anytime.

Hey UD...ever heard of "the enemy of my enemy, is my friend"? I think Parilli just explained that to you in fine print! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Strange. Is there a delete button I'm missing or are the mods deleting posts?

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

Mods deleting my posts.  Censorship at its finest.

UD6 feelings must have gotten hurt again. lol

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:

its really quite simple why Darius Butler didnt succeed here. HE BLOWS...

lol

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Mods deleting my posts.  Censorship at its finest.

Mine too. The weasel Colts' fan must have been crying to them.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Don't expect a certain subsection of fans here to have patience for players to develop in their own time or overcome setbacks, everyone who doesn't play 95% of the snaps is a bust and even if you make the Pro Bowl and All Pro team you'll probably still sux in their eyes, in a word; entitlement.

The setbacks are probably what drove him to better himself, the talent was always there.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

simply put belly was a genius when....eric mangini was the cb coach

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Yes, Yes - just like when your team loses place the blame elsewhere.  Rusty and Babe - two peas in a pod. 

Sections
Shortcuts