Darrelle Revis a New England Patriot

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: Darrelle Revis a New England Patriot

In response to PatsEng's comment:

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Should we be worried?  All week guys have been telling us that teams that "go for it" and ma free agent signings are doomed to lose. 

Wink

Seems win win for the rah rah crowd huh? If BB doesn't do anything it the system he won with all these years and doesn't name to sign big names or high talented players calling out for a quality signing belieo whinners. If he spends big on a FA it's no going for it because the player was worth it and BB outsmarted everyone and everyone who said BB doesn't sign players are whinners. But they will never admit it

No the thing is that you  refuse to look at reality. As i have shown you time and again, BB makes these kind of moves when he finds the right deals. Rodney, Colvin, Dillion, Moss, Welker, Stalworth, Adalius, Talib And now Revis. He goes after some of the best players in NFL history and still fans like you complain. He pays his own free agents long term extensions to lock them up. This is how you maintain being a playoff contender every year for 13. Only spoiled bitter Patriots fans would find something to complain about right now. Un f ing believable with you guys.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Should we be worried?  All week guys have been telling us that teams that "go for it" and make flashy free agent signings are doomed to lose. 

Wink

Seems win win for the rah rah crowd huh? If BB doesn't do anything it's the system he won with all these years and doesn't need to sign big names or high talented players and anyone calling out for a quality signing are just whinners. If he spends big on a FA it's no going for it because the player was worth it and BB outsmarted everyone and everyone who said BB doesn't sign players are whinners. But they will never admit it

Kind of funny isn't it?  

Wish I still had some of Rusty's posts about Revis when he was with the Jets.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Revis in NE. Talib in Den. Sherman in SEA. 

Game ON!

Fk it...go all the way, bring Antonio Cro-ihavekidsIcan'tname-martie in and reunite one of the better duos I've seen in recent years!

Where's Pete Carroll!

"I'M SO FREAKIN JACKED RIGHT NOW! LET'S GIVE IT UP GOR D-REVIS 2-4!

Arrington...YOU'RE CUT, GIVE UP THAT NUMBER!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hannahman. Show Hannahman's posts

BREAKING NEWS: Martha's Vineyard to be renamed "Revis Island" for the next 365 days

Schefter just retweeted this so hes gotta be pretty confident

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I guess players do take a discount to come to N.E....."luster" lol.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Nice call Babe

Re: Revis is not coming through that door.

posted at 3/12/2014 1:07 PM EDT

• BabeParilli
    • First: 5/29/2008
    • Last: 3/12/2014

In response to fourjays30's comment:

Not at 16 mil per year.

It should be 12 mil if he's cut

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

Nice call Babe

• BabeParilli

Not at 16 mil per year.

The Money post right on the money

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bradysgirlforreal. Show Bradysgirlforreal's posts

Now pick up Jared Allen and Woodley then release Mankins and restructure Wilforks deal. Then Draft : DT in first ; Safety in second;  Guard/Center in third; DE/LB (best available) in 4th; WR/TE  in 5th: Tackle/Guard in 6th and In 7th take a DT/DE

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gogogopats. Show gogogopats's posts

In response to Bradysgirlforreal's comment:

Now pick up Jared Allen and Woodley then release Mankins and restructure Wilforks deal. Then Draft : DT in first ; Safety in second;  Guard/Center in third; DE/LB (best available) in 4th; WR/TE  in 5th: Tackle/Guard in 6th and In 7th take a DT/DE

The cap hit if mankins is cut/traded will be 8 mil.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

So the Revis deal is just for 1 year at 12 million.  Couldn't they just have franchised Talib at 11.5 million?  --- and please don't tell me they didn't franchise Talib because they knew Revis would be cut and would actually sign here for 1 year, 12 million.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to stillgridlocked's comment:

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

Nice call Babe

• BabeParilli

Not at 16 mil per year.

The Money post right on the money

bingo we got bingo 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

Steve Smith from Carolina anyone?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Revis Island baby!!!! Thats what we needed. Way to go BB and Pats. This must be how broncos fans must feel. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to MustangBri's comment:

Steve Smith from Carolina anyone?

Yup

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In response to Patsman3's comment:

So the Revis deal is just for 1 year at 12 million.  Couldn't they just have franchised Talib at 11.5 million?  --- and please don't tell me they didn't franchise Talib because they knew Revis would be cut and would actually sign here for 1 year, 12 million.

Are you disappointed? I don't get your point. 99% of Pats fans are ECSTATIC...and you want to point out a miscalculation by BB?

Have fun with that!

REVIS! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

One year prove it deal at no cost (draft picks) is better than a ridiculous $50m + at five or six years for a DB that hasn't played a full season in three years.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Im also curious about the franchise tag? Can they tag him next year for another 12 mill p? Essentailly making it a 2-24 deal.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Kind of funny isn't it?  

Wish I still had some of Rusty's posts about Revis when he was with the Jets.  

Very funny. All week getting killed by people because we dare suggest spending money in FA and picking up actual starting caliber players and being told that's not the system and we've won without doing that and only loser go for it and spend big on splashes and now suddenly BB actual spends money on starting caliber player, something we suggested, and suddenly they change their tune to you whinners were wrong BB did exactly as you wanted so that proves us right and you wrong, haha. Seriously the spin is amazing I haven't seen anything like this since well people who said Amendola was a better FA signing and BB won again by bidding low (which included True) to well it wasn't Amendola replacing Welker, Edelman was the plan all along

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to gman101019's comment:

Im also curious about the franchise tag? Can they tag him next year for another 12 mill p? Essentailly making it a 2-24 deal.

not sure I know the new CBA you can only tag a player twice even if he goes to a new team. Anyone know if Revis has ever been tagged?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

PatsEng,

I found this http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/jets-fans-revis-reaches-one-year-12-million-deal-rival-patriots-article-1.1719829

It said the following:

The Jets’ inability to place the franchise tag on Revis after the 2013 season prompted fear among team decision makers that he would walk right to the Patriots as an unrestricted free agent after his contract expired

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/jets-fans-revis-reaches-one-year-12-million-deal-rival-patriots-article-1.1719829#ixzz2vnpR5b4o He was never tagged by the jets.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

Wow that is great news! This time I'm not being sarcastic when I say thanks, BB! 

Get some d-line help now!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

This must feel like a sucker punch to Jets fans.  I know I hated seeing Ty law in green.  If the intent was to let Talib walk to get Revis, I'm glad it worked out that way.  Was having nightmares about Who would be the # 1 CB this season.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Business manager claims no agreement has been reached between Pats and Revis Posted by Mike Florio on March 12, 2014, 9:14 PM EDT RevisGetty Images

Multiple reports have emerged that the Patriots have agreed to terms with cornerback Darrelle Revis.

But there’s an interesting caveat.  John Geiger, the business manager for Darrelle Revis, had this to say via Twitter:  “As of now, nothing has been agreed to with Revis and Patriots.”

It could be semantics.  Still, until the deal is signed, the deal isn’t enforceable.  Revis could back out, if for example another team offers more than the one-year, $12 million deal that the Patriots reportedly have been offered.

Few are doubting the reports that a deal is in place.  But it makes sense to keep an eye on the possibility that the situation will fall apart; until a binding contract has been executed, it can.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Don't get too excited Revis's manager just tweeted there's no deal in place.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

HeY Talib....

Let’s go!  Revis Time!

Sections
Shortcuts