Re: Darrelle Revis a New England Patriot

In response to TFB12's comment:

HeY Talib....

Let’s go!  Revis Time!

Nice!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to Bungalow-Bill's comment:

Wow that is great news! This time I'm not being sarcastic when I say thanks, BB! 

Get some d-line help now!

LOL...better talk to yourself in a morror and tell Mile High Mike...he's having a meltdown in another thread....LMFAO!!!

Can't wait until Geno Smith tries to complete a pass against Revis...THE NY JETS SUCK

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GrantW. Show GrantW's posts

@AlbertBreer 1m

Important note: Darrelle Revis' 1-year, $12 million deal w/the Patriots doesn't contain anything preventing NE from franchising him in '15.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

HeY Talib....

Let’s go!  Revis Time!

LMFAO

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

So, does Arrington give up his number 24 for Revis? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

arrington is 25...

wilson is 24 and i bet it was in REvis' contract

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

arrington is 25...

wilson is 24 and i bet it was in REvis' contract

My bad..someone is giving it up.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Revis 2 years 23 million.  Assuming next years corner price to franchise is 11 million. Considering other guys are getting 10per I would say locking up 1 of the 2 best corners in the game for the 2 years of his prime at 11.5 per was another great move by BB. Zero dead money implications, or big signing bonus. 

When Talib is cut after 2 seasons in Denver they will take a huge hit, while we will just have the cap room from a Revis departure....if we don't lock him up after winning a super bowl this year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

I....came. That is all.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

This is the exact opposite, of course, of what Mike Greenberg is doing tonight.......

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

Revis 2 years 23 million.  Assuming next years corner price to franchise is 11 million. Considering other guys are getting 10per I would say locking up 1 of the 2 best corners in the game for the 2 years of his prime at 11.5 per was another great move by BB. Zero dead money implications, or big signing bonus. 

When Talib is cut after 2 seasons in Denver they will take a huge hit, while we will just have the cap room from a Revis departure....if we don't lock him up after winning a super bowl this year.

The franchise tag is either 120% of the player's previous salary, or average of the top 5 at the position, whichever is higher.  If they franchise him next year, it will be 14.4 million.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to MattC05's comment:

The franchise tag is either 120% of the player's previous salary, or average of the top 5 at the position, whichever is higher.  If they franchise him next year, it will be 14.4 million.

The average top 5 would be just over 11 as it was this season being just over 10. No?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

2.1 2014. 2.1.1 Franchisetagged players; 2.1.2 Non-exclusive franchise player costs by position. 2.2 2013  $11,455,000. Cornerback, $11,834,000.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

In response to MattC05's comment:

The average top 5 would be just over 11 as it was this season being just over 10. No?

Bolded relevant portion.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Ohhh, which ever is higher. So a franchise tag is in his favor as its a healthy raise. Well 2 years at 26 million then! 13 a year for one of the best corners in the game in his prime! Ill take it..

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to TravisBean's comment:

LOL!

Bout time TFB12 posted something of worth. The guy has been lubing it up with his Welkie doll for over a year.

At least I add something positive to the forum... unlike... cough, cough.. you!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Talib on 9/19/13...

"Revis is in his own category, man," the New England Patriots' Talib said Wednesday ahead of a visit from Revis' Tampa Bay Buccaneers. "He's the truth. All the corners in the league, we know it. Some guys might say something, [Seattle's] Richard Sherman might say something, but the only reason he's saying something is because we know what Revis is. He's at his own level."

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Revis... The Numbers.

Good read, interesting info.

http://presnapreads.com/2014/02/26/darrelle-revis-the-numbers-the-tape-the-verdict-2014/

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Holy Cow!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Shock and Awe!   No need to ask "who's your daddy?'  He is the Daddy! Oh YEAH. Best Pats signing since Randy Moss. Game ON.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

I am in shock this morning!! I would have bet the farm that BB wouldn't pony up and land the biggest name in FA....and once again, he proved me wrong. I have to say I'm VERY happy to be wrong on this one!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Andrew Brandt ‏@adbrandt   2m

NE has an option on Darrelle Revis for 2015 at $20 million, per @TomPelissero. Thus if not exercised, no compensatory pick for NE.

1. Tom Pelissero ‏@TomPelissero  9m

Revis got a $10M signing bonus and has a $1.5M gtd base salary for 2014. Another $500K available in per-game roster bonuses.

Expand
      1.   Tom Pelissero ‏@TomPelissero  10m

Darrelle Revis' deal with #Patriots includes an option for 2015 at $20M, including a $12 roster bonus.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

If it makes anyone feel better, Revis's manager says it's official.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/13/business-manager-now-its-official-darrelle-revis-is-a-patriot/

After news surfaced on Wednesday night that the Patriots would sign Darrelle Revis, his business manager said otherwise.

But now there’s no doubt: John Geiger, Revis’s business manager, confirmed on Twitter on Thursday morning that the deal is done and Revis is a Patriot.

“Now it’s Official,” Geiger wrote.

Revis is expected to make $12 million on a one-year deal with the Patriots. That represents a pay cut from the $16 million a year he was making on his contract with the Buccaneers, of which he played only one year. But it’s still big money, and Revis will be motivated to play well in New England this year and get big money from the Patriots, or some other team, a year from now.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I am confused.  We have been hearing for quite a while that Revis is done, all washed up as a player.  Why would Belichick spend $12MM on a guy who is done as a player? 

Rusty Trombone, can you help me out with this?

Thanks.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

http://youtu.be/bt9sKBffJp8

Funny

Sections
Shortcuts