Darrelle Revis Contract Issue/Holdout(?)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Darrelle Revis Contract Issue/Holdout(?)

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=5185484

The Jets are obviously going for it all this year and it makes sense; they made it to the AFC title game last year and with a new stadium, the pressure is on. This Revis situation could turn into an interesting one. Any chance of a holdout? I mean if the kid's making $1 million for this upcoming season, I think he has the right to hold out.

Definitely something to keep an eye on.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Re: Darrelle Revis Contract Issue/Holdout(?)

That's funny. He's been reading his press clippings and he figures he has some leverage. I hope the Jets cave-in and pay him huge.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

I bet he holds out. Someone previously said "he's made his money" Really? He is in an elite group of 2-3 players that are considered shut-down at their position. I highly doubt he's being fairly compensated.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Darrelle, if you read these discussions, PLEASE read this article:

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/usmovies.accesshollywood.com/twilight-drama-will-cast-negotiations-suck-life-out-possible-fifth-film

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

I wouldn't say I'm scared but it's something to discuss while we agonizingly wait for the season to start. Wins are hard to come by in the NFL so I'll take ours any way we can get them. I don't want the guy to get hurt but if the Jets are going to add all these aging veterans while giving up major locker room pieces AND not taking care of the best player on their roster, I think it's definitely a story.

I agree, though, that with Belichick and Brady we have nothing to be afraid of. It's Meriweather and company that make me wonder sometimes...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Darrelle Revis Contract Issue/Holdout(?):
    http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=5185484 The Jets are obviously going for it all this year and it makes sense; they made it to the AFC title game last year and with a new stadium, the pressure is on. This Revis situation could turn into an interesting one. Any chance of a holdout? I mean if the kid's making $1 million for this upcoming season, I think he has the right to hold out. Definitely something to keep an eye on.
    Posted by apdynasty23

I don't blame him. I wouldn't mind having him on the Patriots.  Just like many players - get what you can cuz u never know if a blown acl will shorten one's career.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: Darrelle Revis Contract Issue/Holdout(?):
    I bet he holds out. Someone previously said "he's made his money" Really? He is in an elite group of 2-3 players that are considered shut-down at their position. I highly doubt he's being fairly compensated.
    Posted by apdynasty23

His rookie contract was 6 years 30 mil with 11 mil guaranteed.

According to NFLPA records, Revis is scheduled to earn a base salary of $550,000 in 2010. The two-time Pro Bowler has reached playing-time percentage benchmarks that void the final two years of his six-year rookie contract, which included $11 million dollars in guaranteed money.

So this contract is going to be void at the end of 2010 and he's got the Jets by the short hairs.They are going to pay him huge and that's good for us.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

In Response to Re: Darrelle Revis Contract Issue/Holdout(?) : His rookie contract was 6 years 30 mil with 11 mil guaranteed. According to NFLPA records, Revis is scheduled to earn a base salary of $550,000 in 2010. The two-time Pro Bowler has reached playing-time percentage benchmarks that void the final two years of his six-year rookie contract, which included $11 million dollars in guaranteed money. So this contract is going to be void at the end of 2010 and he's got the Jets by the short hairs.They are going to pay him huge and that's good for us.
    Posted by ewhite1065

Wow, good stuff. You think he plays his contract out or no?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TateGroup. Show TateGroup's posts

nahh we will ask for some outrageous contract, and fat man Rex will realise it was a mistake to sign all these people bcus he wont be able to pay for his favorite player, i could see him going to the seahawks or cheifs

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Wow could you sound more scared of the Jets? You guys want him to hold out why so you dont have to face him? I say *screw him and the Jets and bring them on. I hope he doesnt hold out, i hope he is as ready as he can be so that when Randy Moss burns him he has no excuses. I dont mean to be a jerk guys but it looks very much like you are scared of this go and so you are holding out hope that he holds out or something when really no one has said anything about a hold and its just high hopes on your part. I say bring him on I am not scared of any team in the NFL when we got Tom Brady and Bill Belichick.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009

I personally want him to hold out and drive his price up. He's worth a lot and I want him to bleed the Jets for everything he can get. They've already spent a ton in the offseason. I would like the Jets to get to the point where they can't spend anymore yet they are still not good enough to win it all. That could bury them for a while just like the skins.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: Darrelle Revis Contract Issue/Holdout(?) : Wow, good stuff. You think he plays his contract out or no?
    Posted by apdynasty23

I don't think there is anyway he plays it out. The Jets are really dealing from weakness. That was really a great clause built into his contract based on the fact that he asumed he would be as good as he ended up being. They will get a deal worked out and he will hold the "Void" clause over their head to make sure it happens.

Sections
Shortcuts