Darrelle Revis

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bostonman1025. Show Bostonman1025's posts

Darrelle Revis

La Confora stated on Toucher and Rich this morning that he only thinks that the Bucs could get a 3rd or 4th. This is due to Revis' cap number. 

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2014/03/05/jason-la-canfora-to-toucher-rich-revis-can-be-had-for-a-third-round-pick/

Any thoughts? 

If this is true I think that it makes him more of a possibility. The only thing I question is that the market dictates the price in pro sports. So there may be one crazy team willing to fork over a higher pick than what is being reported. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Re: Darrelle Revis

In response to Bostonman1025's comment:

La Confora stated on Toucher and Rich this morning that he only thinks that the Bucs could get a 3rd or 4th. This is due to Revis' cap number. 

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2014/03/05/jason-la-canfora-to-toucher-rich-revis-can-be-had-for-a-third-round-pick/

Any thoughts? 

If this is true I think that it makes him more of a possibility. The only thing I question is that the market dictates the price in pro sports. So there may be one crazy team willing to fork over a higher pick than what is being reported. 

pats aren't getting revis

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

Any thoughts? 

Aside from patsie cap hell?  no.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Revis would have to agree to take a paycut before BB would pull the trigger, but I'd take Revis over any CB in the NFL. Just put him in press-man and leave him be, that's Dennard's style of play too so it would fit the system.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Any thoughts? If all it would take is a 4rth round draft choice then the Patriots should make a play for him and let Aqib Talib leave, the difference in the two is vast. Talib is a #1 CB but Revis is The #1 CB.

After originally thinking it wasn't a feesible, I've had a change of position and think he would be the perfect target for the Patriots too consider. He offers all kinds of experience and is sill an elite DB, the plus about signing him is you can manipulate the cap with his contract and his cap hit would only be 8mil this season and it would drop precipitiously every year after that by just paying him his bonus money upfront.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

Any thoughts? If all it would take is a 4rth round draft choice then the Patriots should make a play for him and let Aqib Talib leave, the difference in the two is vast. Talib is a #1 CB but Revis is The #1 CB.

A # 2 snags Revis

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Revis would have to agree to take a paycut before BB would pull the trigge"

See that's a BB problem not a Revis problem. You get what you pay for most of the time, especially when the league catches up to how you do things moneyball style. 

BB needs to go get Revis.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to stinkman's comment:

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

A # 2 snags Revis

The only teams with a #2 to give are either draft pick rich like SF or teams with so much cap room they could make a run. I could see the Patriots doing some moves and tossing a 3rd round pick but that would be the tops they would consider, with his annual pay being the highest amongst all players in the NFL.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Bruce Allen ‏@bruceallen 1h It's at the stage now where the Bucs are practically begging the Patriots to take Revis off their hands - for nothing. #hotsportztakes

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:

Bruce Allen ‏@bruceallen 1h It's at the stage now where the Bucs are practically begging the Patriots to take Revis off their hands - for nothing. #hotsportztakes

BB, DO IT! LET TALIB GET HIS TOP MARKET DEAL! I ALREADY HAVE MY 24 REVIS JERSEY READY TO BUY!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

Any thoughts? 

pats aren't getting revis

True. BB may be a mediocre drafter, but he's not an idiot.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

See that's a BB problem not a Revis problem. You get what you pay for most of the time, especially when the league catches up to how you do things moneyball style. 

It's called a cap. With a cap, you have to make execcutive decisions on how much spending is enough so that you have depth in case of injury. I would love to have Revis, but not at 16 million.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

Won't happen....that kind of cheese to anyone but TB will NEVER happen under BB

What in his past makes you think he would?...should and will are world's apart in the mind of BB.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Patriots could decide to turn $10 million of Revis’s $13 million into bonus money, which would be spread over the final five years of his deal at $2 million per season.

That would put Revis’s 2014 salary cap number at $8 million — $3 million in base salary, $2 million bonus proration, $1.5 million roster bonus and $1.5 million workout bonus — which the Patriots easily could handle. The Patriots currently sit with $12.7 million in cap space for 2014, and can create an extra $9.2 million by cutting Dan Connolly, Isaac Sopoaga, Tommy Kelly, Adrian Wilson, and Jake Bequette. They can create even more space by giving contract extensions to Vince Wilfork, Devin McCourty, and Stephen Gostkowski.

Might cost a player and a pick too.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Jeff Howe @jeffphowe

Still waiting for a reason to actually connect the Patriots to Darrelle Revis. So far, nothing.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

If Bruce Allen is right then I could see the Patriots waiting for the Bucs to offer a pick and Revis for free!!! Just so they could rid themselves of his cap numbers. Reworking his contract and paying him 10 mil in bonus money would rid 8 mil in cap money, immediately! The Patriots would basically be trading Talib for Revis and a little more cap money, but if they sign Talib they will wind up with a pretty heavy cap number from his signing as well.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

In response to MileHighMike's comment:

Any thoughts? 

Aside from patsie cap hell?  no.

Your user name is appropriate. Clearly you are stoned.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:

WT\PH!!!!!!!!!!!???????????

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

FOX Sports' Alex Marvez reports the Bucs are "stepping up [their] efforts" to trade Darrelle Revis.

Sections
Shortcuts