Darren Sproles

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pilillo. Show pilillo's posts

Darren Sproles

In my opinion he is one of a kind player the patriots should pursue and get rid of maroney.

here is the link to the headline http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4949186

I say it will be costly but well worth it. also i prefer him over LT anyday
    thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

Re: Darren Sproles

Chargers won't let him walk. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

they just did by releasing him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

they did!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Well they are not going to franchise him, so its open season.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Sproles is explosive but had a pretty mediocre season numbers wise in 2009.  He averaged like 3.5 yards per carry, had decent receiving numbers, and very mediocre return numbers.  

If he wants to get paid like a starting running back, I'd pass. But if we could get him for a couple million, I'd be all for it as the new change of pace back.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

I would love to see this guy in Foxboro. We haven't a legit return man in awhile......He would be a good change of pace back too ........

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

The only reason I would want the Pats to sign Sproles is to replace Faulk. He is only a 3rd down back.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: Darren Sproles:
    That's fine with me.  Maybe he just wants a fair deal and security. They'll have to replace Faulk likely after next year.  Imagine a 3rd down backfield with both Sproles and Faulk there and some upgraded TE like an Owen Daniels?  Moss wide right and maybe Tate on the other side?  Good luck defending that.
    Posted by russgriswold

Daniels at TE, Tate at WR, Sproles in the backfield? I already have that on my Madden game, but I don't see that happening in real life. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

@Russ...As nice as it "sounds" we do not know what Tate is going to bring.  This guy got drafted injured and then got hurt after only a couple plays in his first game.  I'm not really counting on this guy.  Not to knock him, but IMO he would be a bonus if he can stay healthy and live up to the hype that some of these guys around here talk about.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptFoxboro. Show CaptFoxboro's posts

Pats are not going to land SPROLES for chump change 2 mil range ...not gonna happen .

There are at least a dozen teams that will actively pursue him .

Personally , I think he is a potential game changer ...
     true his numbers slipped a bit last year , but SD 's O-Line had issues run blocking and their O morphed into a pass first attack ( where Sproles' # 's were good ) .
       I understand most people look at him and think he's too small to succeed as a featured back , but has he ever really been given a legitimate chance ?
       ( Chargers wasted their time coddlin' whiny boy LT over last few years )

At any rate , 14 - 16 touches a game is what I could see him excelling with .

I think he would be a perfect fit in NE and would love to see him catching swing passes from Brady and busting draws up the gut for 50+ yard tds .

Off the top of my head I would say :
    18 mil for 4 years
    ( front load it to relieve the cap  /> 10 mil signing bonus with 2  mil per season annual salary  and throw in incentives to push it to 3 mil range )

The guy is about to enter his PRIME ...
    be nice to see him doing it in Foxboro .

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimNotJimmy. Show JimNotJimmy's posts

nah sproles is good but not everydown back. more of a 3rd down and I'd rather have Faulk back!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

I started a post for Sproles on 2/18 - and everyone said no to Sproles.  Again, I think he could be a nice fit here.  Esp for Special teams and of course a nice scat back for 3rd down.  I knwo we have Faulk, but why can't we have both of them!

We'll see.....He could be a game changer on special teams!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

Sproles signed the 7.283m tender today.
    He's a Charger.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/weblogs/bolts-blog/2010/apr/02/sproles-signs-contract-tender/

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Darren Sproles:
    Sproles signed the 7.283m tender today. He's a Charger.   http://www.signonsandiego.com/weblogs/bolts-blog/2010/apr/02/sproles-signs-contract-tender/
    Posted by jbolted

good, i one pats fan that would not want to see him in NE.

Sections
Shortcuts