Darrius Butler - bust

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Re: Darrius Butler - bust

Only Dolly Parton had a bigger Bust than Billy B on this one, and NO, you will never have to worry about Butlers Bust being molded in Canton....lmao!

I called it last year......cut him loose so I dont have to hear about if/when he will be a player...  or better yet,. play him at WR..but he is not an NFL cb. point blank.  Confidence is a big % of sports and he has none now...and wont get it back...even late in the year playing dime back he was unimpressive. Old Newz

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Asher, how can you say you projected him to play the slot as a 2nd rd pick?

You have to be stronger inside and his problem is strenght among other things, so I dont think him playing slot would help, guys like D.Bess would eat him alive.

If he couldnt stay w/outside WR's, what makes you think he could stay w/guys like Wes in the slot who have a two way go where you have to play even leverage,..it would be a wrap....takes a special player there, thats why Chung was there instead of Wilhite...only Arrington can play there out of the guys remaining or Bodden...  Butler is gone.!  you see how many lineman we have?...cant afford dead weight, and last year we got by with just 2 cb's basically...so Bu-Bye to Darius

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

This is why you don't draft football players from Uconn.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

at least the colts got stuck with donald brown from conn in the first-
    ahahahahah

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Rusty, why you bringing up Nhamdi?

He was drafted and played as a safety his 1st couple years...stop defending the guy.  he made his bed, let him lay in it or prove otherwise...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

There have been a ton of busts in the NFL, some very recently on the Pats. However, I am not yet ready to label Butler a bust. This year will prove it either way. If he absolutely can't do his job, whether he's covering a 2, 3 or 4th WR, then he has to go. They guy has the physical tools to play this game, i have a feeling at this point, as some have pointed out, it could be all very mental. And I'm not sure how you get a young player over that hurdle. Might come down to a change of scenery for him, and there are plenty of CB needy teams in the league....but, I personally want to give him this year to straighten his sh!te out.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bspikes55. Show Bspikes55's posts

This is such a dumb post by who ever did it u sound 11

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

In Response to Re: Darrius Butler - bust:
    I think most teams value 2nd round picks pretty highly, especially high ones. This guy had all world type of talent, he has size, can run and he's athletic (then again most NFL corners are). I'll give him another month or two into the season. I'm a bit surprised he's turned out the way he has so far to be honest. I liked the pick at the time, because he was the first corner we drafted in a while that wasn't a midget.
    Posted by mthurl

Hey mthurl,  Butler is 5'10"-190  Not a midget but not big for sure.  If I remember right, it was the big recievers that were feasting on him.  I'm not calling him a bust yet either.  With Bodden back, he won't have to cover the big recievers.

We might also have a pass rush this year...which would help.  Time will tell.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

In Response to Re: Darrius Butler - bust : Hey mthurl,  Butler is 5'10"-190  Not a midget but not big for sure.  If I remember right, it was the big recievers that were feasting on him.  I'm not calling him a bust yet either.  With Bodden back, he won't have to cover the big recievers. We might also have a pass rush this year...which would help.  Time will tell.  
    Posted by bostatewarrior

Yeah that's what we need. More midget CBs. I still have nightmares about Burress jumping over Hobbs like it was a piece of cake in the Superbowl. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

All D Butler has to do is make a play...he has been in position and has failed...but unlike arrington....hobbs....wilhite he is at least in position... Stop the stupidity and labeling one a bust...he still has the potential to improve..Do i believe BB or some arm chair boys..??? answer that

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

The bust fairies are out.  Here a bust, there a bust, everywhere a bust!  This must really make your guys day!  Who's the next target?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

The bust fairies are out.  Here a bust, there a bust, everywhere a bust!  This must really make your guys day!  Who's the next target?
    Posted by garytx

We've even got pro bowlers being called busts! lol

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Asher77. Show Asher77's posts

Asher, how can you say you projected him to play the slot as a 2nd rd pick? You have to be stronger inside and his problem is strenght among other things, so I dont think him playing slot would help, guys like D.Bess would eat him alive. If he couldnt stay w/outside WR's, what makes you think he could stay w/guys like Wes in the slot who have a two way go where you have to play even leverage,..it would be a wrap....takes a special player there, thats why Chung was there instead of Wilhite...only Arrington can play there out of the guys remaining or Bodden...  Butler is gone.!  you see how many lineman we have?...cant afford dead weight, and last year we got by with just 2 cb's basically...so Bu-Bye to Darius
    Posted by JayShizzle45

Most 2nd round picks are not 1st year starters and in most cases your weaker CB's on a team are playing the slot or dime coverage ect.. I project that his positional training was more for this role after one year exp than outside CB. He is not a big CB or strong and I think BB's goal drafting him was to continue to build overall depth in the backfield. His big skill is his hips, speed and change of direction, he can stay with many of the smaller faster slot guys in the NFL (teams are going more speed here than in past history ala welker ), putting him out there with TO and Edwards in the begining of his 2nd year was pushing it anyway you want to look at it.

Not saying some guys cant take the job and run, wish he did, just not the most common thing and not to be the expected outcome.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Look out Butler here comes Buddy Farnham!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

darius BUSTler

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

I hate to say it, 'cause I really liked Butler when he was a rook...but just doesn't seem to be progressing at all. Said he was a smart kid coming out of UConn, but maybe he just doesn't have "football smarts."

Sad to see; would like to see him turn it around, 'cause I like seeing New England college players make it in the NFL.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bspikes55. Show Bspikes55's posts

led team in tackles tonight boys

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobomul. Show bobomul's posts

What are you guys talking about?  Don't you know Butler lead the entire team in tackles tonight vs the Jags?  Great job tonight from Butler...tackling machine at the CB position!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

What are you guys talking about?  Don't you know Butler lead the entire team in tackles tonight vs the Jags?  Great job tonight from Butler...tackling machine at the CB position!
    Posted by bobomul

Because he tacked the guys he was covering after they caught the ball. Arrignton didn't play that great either though. Both got chewed up. Chung was the man making plays in the secondary. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

darius butler- aka darius assler- aka darius BUSTler

check out his twitter- he is more active than ochocinco- he needs to focus on his game

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from FLY2K. Show FLY2K's posts

Simply terrible!!!!!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Two second round picks squandered down the dunghole. Somebody flush the toilet, the stink is atrocious.

Sections
Shortcuts