Darrius Butler - bust

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

Re: Darrius Butler - bust

this pick smells like grain- like wheately

In Response to Re: Darrius Butler - bust:
    [QUOTE]Two second round picks squandered down the dunghole. Somebody flush the toilet, the stink is atrocious.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

I also agree he;s a bust can't cover- probably a safety project but not a Cb-period-looked horrible tonight and did you notice he played all 4 quarters not a good sign-gets cut-bank on it!  In Response to Re: Darrius Butler - bust:
    [QUOTE]If they cut him, he's a bust.  I would agree.  Until then, not saying he's a bust.   The guy played decently as a rookie at CB. Was he consistent or great? No. He did have an INT for TD, had a slew of nice pass defenses, but struggled in zone. Then he lost confidence last year and that was that. Good thing he wasn't a 1st rder, no doubt. But, if he can help on the inside, as now a system player, he's not really a bust.  Wilhite is set to make more than Butler, I believe, it may be a cost thing between the two. If you want a bust, look no further than 1st rd pick Kyle Wilson, who may be beaten out at dime by Donald Strickland. Ouch.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

Ron Brace and Darrius Butler prove that it's not always worth it to trade down to find "value".

Sometimes it's just better to take 1 marquee player than 2 exciting prospects, since the 2 might turn out to be turds but the marquee player even if he doesnt make Pro Bowls and stuff will still probably be in the starting 11.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

What an egg Butler laid last night. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

DB...Second toughest position to play in the game, second only to the QB position.

It takes some a bit to "get" it

Butler is actually frustrating to me as I have seen the kid flash talent now and then. I think it's a confidence issue.

I still like him, and feel he still has good upside, and I would in no way call him a bust nor would I quit on him just yet.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Asher, I respect your opinion, but I disagree. I believe B.B. did expect Butler to start, thats why he started him the begnining of the year. He was touted as 1st round talent. so of course he was.

Listen, I dont bust guys' balls jus to do it.  The reason I give him a hard time is because of attitude coming out of college.  He was in prime times show w/ 4 other d/b's and he was the only cocky one who felt he was already to play and said himself he would jsut show up to the combine and dominate cuz he was the most ahtletic guy in the draft.  Way to be humble... Thats why I always chew him up, cuz he is immature, not a hard worker and thinks he is better then what he is..and ever since my time watching him on that show I didnt like his chances....No Way he was slated to be a dime back..he is a disapointment, just admit it.  Are you gonna say C.Jackson was drafted to be a 4th wr too?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Remember Ellis Hobbs held down his position as a rookie quite well at the height of 5'8", and was a starter for 2 years...so I dont think Butler being 5'10" means he was drafted to play subpackage...dont get that logic...

He is gonna need to make a play to get his confidence back , which may happen, but in the last year he has not made one single play.  I dont doubt he could do it, but every game he doesnt, It looks slimmer.  Last night he tried to make a play and whiffed and gave up about 15 extra yards to his man. Other than that he was making tackles on his man after giving up completions

Bottom line , his confidence is shot, and he is now playing off to avoid getting beat deep and cant make a play because he is too cautious.  Basically last year has him playing scared and not sure of himself, and that wont work here...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrlV6EG0zXw

please watch the whole video

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

I've made my feelings on Butler well known in this forum.   At the end of the day, I think most fans are disapointed with his play because the hype on him around draft time set everyone's expectations at a very high level. 

Unfortunately it just hasn't worked out for him here.  Maybe a different system and a fresh start somewhere else will get him on track.

I am looking forward to the day when I hear he has been released.  Watching him play is like chewing on aluminum! 

Fingers crossed for Dowling!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

[QUOTE]I don;t recall any hype with him whatsoever other than him playing at UConn. Wheatley had no hype either. That said, Butler didn't help himself last night. I don't know what his issue is. He seems to be slow to break and have no real instincts.

There was quite a bit of hype on Butler.  BB actually drove to UCONN personally to meet him.  He was coined as an athletic freak who was a "steal" in the 2nd round.  They showed footage of him playing WR, DB, Kick returner, and of course the footage made him look like the next coming of Deon Sanders!

Personally, my expectations for him were very high and I agree he seemed to be a solid player in his rookie year but man, he has fallen down hard since then!

He is always in the vicinity of the WR but always a dollar short in actually breaking up the play!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

he was projected to be the pats first round pick inlots of mocks and we got him in the 2nd

[QUOTE]I don;t recall any hype with him whatsoever other than him playing at UConn. Wheatley had no hype either. That said, Butler didn't help himself last night. I don't know what his issue is. He seems to be slow to break and have no real instincts.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

Re-reading this, it's funny how many people were in denial about Darius Butler just a few weeks ago. Unbelievable. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

[QUOTE]Agreed. This little irrational type threads seem more about causing a stir than it does making sense. Butler's contract is also very reasonable. It's not 1st rd money. No one, or least no fan SHOULD have expected some kind of a shutdown CB in Round 2. I EXPECT complementary contributions from any pick from Round 2 - 4, anything else is a bonus. I don't expect that from picks in Rounds 5-7. If it happens, great. What BB gets out of 5-7 or UDFAs is really good. I expect impact or eventually higher end starting impact from 1st rd picks, yes.

In one sentence you say this is an irrational thread. Were irrational for thinking this way. Yet 3 sentences later you say you "expect complementary contributions from any pick from round 2-4" LOL WT F did he ever do here. He was a bust last year and he's a bust today. Were not irrational for saying. Unlike you 98% of us are typing sitting in a chair , laying on the couch ... not on our knees waiting for BB to come to through our day. Lots of holes in your weak arguments. How many hours have you been on boston.com today , 8-10? I imagine you've been busy defending your boys Meri. and Butler. I smell a couple of all-nighters from Queenie. I mean after all Meri. was the "2nd best FS in the league last year" LOL. I love your reasoning , "he went to back to back pro bowls".