Dashon Goldson

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: Dashon Goldson

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Adalius Thomas was good here in 2007 and 2008.  After that though he fell off real quickly.

Thank you for being fair.

Thats nice you found someone to agree with you. I never said he wasnt a good player, I used him to make an example of getting a player from a great defense and expecting him to be the saviour and judging by the money he got, thats what they thought they were getting. I agree he wasnt always used right but its not a big part of why he was average and if u disagree, then arent you saying you know more than BB cuz BB sure cut him quicker than a hot knife through butter and he never even got a workout after that sooooo when u sign a player to MULTI Millionare contract and he is cut 2 years into that contract and never plays again.....Yea that was a bad move and yet and still you made up something about him being an all-pro....Why?  Im sure BB wouldnt cut an All-pro..Oh wait,,,,he cut Vrable....Must be a bad gm right??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Adalius Thomas was good here in 2007 and 2008.  After that though he fell off real quickly.

Thats nice you found someone to agree with you. I never said he wasnt a good player, I used him to make an example of getting a player from a great defense and expecting him to be the saviour and judging by the money he got, thats what they thought they were getting. I agree he wasnt always used right but its not a big part of why he was average and if u disagree, then arent you saying you know more than BB cuz BB sure cut him quicker than a hot knife through butter and he never even got a workout after that sooooo when u sign a player to MULTI Millionare contract and he is cut 2 years into that contract and never plays again.....Yea that was a bad move and yet and still you made up something about him being an all-pro....Why?  Im sure BB wouldnt cut an All-pro..Oh wait,,,,he cut Vrable....Must be a bad gm right??

yea, he cut vrabel and replaced him soon after with ninkovich, a younger and cheaper replacement who plays a similar style as vrabel . vrabel didnt exactly light it up in KC anyways, BB made the right choice there. as for adalius thomas, he played very well for two years and then he was gone....was it a great long term signing? no, but he got two very good years out of him. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

since babe is gone, i guess ill try to play the role of him in this thread, here it goes:

if he is going to help this mickey mouse defense win brady another ring, then im all for it. learn the game.

With Babe gone it's great here.  I guess we just have 4 left now:

Pezzy

Shizzles/Triple OG

Hurlie

RKrap

Seriously, rid the board of these Babe-a-likes and we're free.

maybe their roles on this board will diminish a bit now that their leader is gone

Or maybe we will still keep smacking you and rusty around for not knowing the game...

you cant keep doing that if you were never doing it in the first place....we already embarassed babe enough to make him quit.

just think about it, you guys outnumber us on this board, but yet you STILL lose, how pathetic is that?

I will let you think whatever you want. I dont know what babes reason were for leaving but he has before and returned so I wont hold my breathe. This is not a competition to me but like I told rusty waaaay back when I first encountered him was that as long as Im here, I wont sit back and let him make stuff up and thats why he hates my presence. He would much rather have guys like you, wozzy and glenr(rusty) have his back because you all dont know anymore then he does. The rest of the board laughs at Rusty and you agree with him. Think about that buddy. So do you also believe the whole board is crazy and you are rusty are sane..???  LoL

Learn the game or go root for your socks. I dont know you figure out wins and losses besides facts and Rusty is king liar on here and I have yet to be called out in reference to football for making things up or not knowing the game.. You guys that cornered all by yourselves..

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

yea, he cut vrabel and replaced him soon after with ninkovich, a younger and cheaper replacement who plays a similar style as vrabel . vrabel didnt exactly light it up in KC anyways, BB made the right choice there. as for adalius thomas, he played very well for two years and then he was gone....was it a great long term signing? no, but he got two very good years out of him. 

I said nothing more or less. please leave this to me and rusty since you dont know where this started. This was about Goldson not being worth 8 million coming from San Fran here to be the saviour. Do you agree, or would you shell out 8 million after letting him leave Foxboro last year when you could have spend 2.5 to 3 million for him????

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

i really dont care how rusty is perceived on here....babe was looked at as just as bad, if not worse. just look at how many people were glad he is gone in that "happy trails" post. so if that many people wanted him gone, and you align with him, what does that make you?

it goes both ways, dont act like rusty is the only person on this board that people dont like. plus, there are plenty of others on this board who would agree with me and rusty on things, they just arent on this board as much as you, hurlie, tca12 and pezz.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

But, that dosn't make any sense on 2 fronts:

1. He was good here.

2. He left a good D in Balt to come to play around a good on here.

So, you're contradicting yourself. The fact is, NE lost WAY too many key players in 2008 and 2009, so you AGAIN look to scapegoat one person on the D.

You do it EVERY OFFSEASON.  YOu just scan the roster and pick ONE player who didn't explode into star status and you go quiet about our putrid offense. This means it appears you have an agenda.

Get it?

We all do.   This is why you, Babe, Pezzy, Mt Hurl, etc, are all seen as the same person here.

Completely unobjective, irrational, etc.

The guy was CUT midseason and went AWOL....and you call me scapegoating him. BB deemed him unfit. Stop making stuff up and acting like a have an agenda like you do. I just call it like I see it. I have made many negative remarks concerning our offense, I just dont make a daily habit to bash the guy who isnt the problem. any more lies you care to add?  Any other scrubs you care to make All Pro's!???   LoL

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

I said nothing more or less. please leave this to me and rusty since you dont know where this started. This was about Goldson not being worth 8 million coming from San Fran here to be the saviour. Do you agree, or would you shell out 8 million after letting him leave Foxboro last year when you could have spend 2.5 to 3 million for him????

no, i wouldnt sign him for $8mil, the pats dont need that much help in the secondary if they are able to re-sign talib. if they sign either reed or goldson, that would be great obviously, but they could definitely get away with signing someone like byrd or wilson to help mccourty at safety. id rather see them spend money on getting brady a big, physical receiver that can be counted on in the playoffs.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

i really dont care how rusty is perceived on here....babe was looked at as just as bad, if not worse. just look at how many people were glad he is gone in that "happy trails" post. so if that many people wanted him gone, and you align with him, what does that make you?

it goes both ways, dont act like rusty is the only person on this board that people dont like. plus, there are plenty of others on this board who would agree with me and rusty on things, they just arent on this board as much as you, hurlie, tca12 and pezz.

How do I align with Babe??? cuz I disagree with Rusty??!?!  thats half the board. You are actually using the same terms as rusty and now thats eeery , really it is. So just like rusty, you try to put me into a troll category to discredit me?? Why not just let your football knowledge speak for itself...oh thats right, u have none!  Babe was over the top in his praise for Brady. I simply point out to Rusty that Brady is the least of our worries. I can go find millions that agree with that now you go find me more rusty supporters...lol  ,what a joke! You used to think for yourselve and now you are just a rusty clone and THATS pathetic

So babe leaves and now you  and rusty want to gang up and play the numbers game on me???   Wow...Please get a life dude. Dont know how Rusty hyptomized you but Im glad you agree with him , that is your right its just too bad the ignore button is gone again so football people can talk football and rusty and his minions and spend all day bashing brady....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

no, i wouldnt sign him for $8mil, the pats dont need that much help in the secondary if they are able to re-sign talib. if they sign either reed or goldson, that would be great obviously, but they could definitely get away with signing someone like byrd or wilson to help mccourty at safety. id rather see them spend money on getting brady a big, physical receiver that can be counted on in the playoffs.

well this we agree with. I want to upgrade S, but we cant pay 8 million and that would be dumb. Its also dumb to cut lloyd for something you knew about before he signed and thats all I told rusty on another thread and he agreed but when I say it, its bashing BB. He doenst get that he is the biggest BB basher here because he constantly sais BB cant control his best player or his O.C.  Does this make sense to you?? 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

How do I align with Babe??? cuz I disagree with Rusty??!?!  thats half the board. You are actually using the same terms as rusty and now thats eeery , really it is. So just like rusty, you try to put me into a troll category to discredit me?? Why not just let your football knowledge speak for itself...oh thats right, u have none!  Babe was over the top in his praise for Brady. I simply point out to Rusty that Brady is the least of our worries. I can go find millions that agree with that now you go find me more rusty supporters...lol  ,what a joke! You used to think for yourselve and now you are just a rusty clone and THATS pathetic

So babe leaves and now you  and rusty want to gang up and play the numbers game on me???   Wow...Please get a life dude. Dont know how Rusty hyptomized you but Im glad you agree with him , that is your right its just too bad the ignore button is gone again so football people can talk football and rusty and his minions and spend all day bashing brady....

i dont spend all day bashing brady, thats the thing. people go out of their way to bash BB, and thats why i go off on them. brady and BB are both all time greats and both wouldnt be where they are, without the other. BB has made some mistakes, so does every GM, but people want to sit here and make excuses for brady saying he didnt have enough help around him.

thats just bullsheet, teams around the league would love to have the weapons brady has had since 2007...ill give you that the gronk injury hurt, but you cant tell me that hernandez, welker, lloyd, ridley, vereen, woodhead, branch, etc....isnt enough to get it done.

like i said, i hope they use the cap room to go out and get a physical receiver that can be counted on in the playoffs. but thats not to say that that will just solve everything, brady has to play much better in the playoffs if the pats are to have any chance of winning ring #4.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

it has nothing to do with controlling...a coach can only do so much. at the end of the day, the players have to go out there and execute. unfortunately, brady, among others, havent performed well in the big playoff games of late and thats why we are here pointing fingers.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

i dont spend all day bashing brady, thats the thing. people go out of their way to bash BB, and thats why i go off on them. brady and BB are both all time greats and both wouldnt be where they are, without the other. BB has made some mistakes, so does every GM, but people want to sit here and make excuses for brady saying he didnt have enough help around him.

thats just bullsheet, teams around the league would love to have the weapons brady has had since 2007...ill give you that the gronk injury hurt, but you cant tell me that hernandez, welker, lloyd, ridley, vereen, woodhead, branch, etc....isnt enough to get it done.

like i said, i hope they use the cap room to go out and get a physical receiver that can be counted on in the playoffs. but thats not to say that that will just solve everything, brady has to play much better in the playoffs if the pats are to have any chance of winning ring #4.

If someone made a comment that "X" player outplayed Brady in the postseason, how would you quantify that?? This is all I wanna know. When assessing how many Postseason INTs Brady has thrown, how many games he has lost, do you ever asess the defense he is playing against VS our Defense which player "x" is going against?  Depending how you answer this question will tell me a lot about wether you know some of the game or not but in the past, you have not shown the ability to factor in everything needed. I have been critical of BB at times if the topic is adressed but I never recall being over the top in regards to anything cuz I dont take it that seriously. I havent started threads bashing BB or harping on his drafts and I dont think he is better or worse than any GM. I think he hits and misses but if pressed to, I would say he has had problems with WR and Db's , would you agree?? 

I would say Brady isnt perfect but lets examine his failures , shall we? Would you agree Brady had a tougher time moving the ball in each of the last Sb's vs the Giants due to Eli facing a non-existant pass rush in comparison to Brady being rushed all game by a 4 man front and not having more than 2 seconds to throw??  Do you know this has always been Bradys kryptonite?? having a defense that can get pressure with 4 while 7 guys flood the middle knowing we dont have an outside threat?? Have we had any player outside since Moss left that commands attention outside? Do u recall Moss making ANY plays that 1st SB outside of a 5 yard slant for a TD?  Would you rather have a WR corps of Nicks, Manningham, Cruz,  or Branch, Ocho and Wes??

How about Bolden, Smith, Jones vs Lloyd, Wes and Slater. IN last AFCCG, do you realize the Ravens had 2 Elite Pass rushers in Suggs(last years MVP) and Kruger(this years sensation) compared to Justin Francis and Trevor Scott??  Are you tired of the questions yet, or should I go on??

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

ill agree that baltimore and the NYG had a better receiving core, but brady is a better qb than eli or flacco and in the past has done MUCH more with MUCH less than what he has had recently, remember reche caldwell?

as far as the pass rush goes, yes the NYG had and still do, have an excellent pass rush. the pats didnt really generate that much pressure, but they werent allowing a ton of points or big plays either. the chandler jones injury hurt the pats pass rush as well, and yes i know the gronk injury hurt the pats' offense.

im just saying, if you spend so much of your money on one side of the ball, you expect that side of the ball to execute in the big games, and it just hasnt happened. if you want to blame the receivers, thats fine....but it doesnt change the fact that the offense hasnt been nearly productive enough in the big games.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Shizzles,

You know as well as anyone else here does, Hernandez is as much as a WR as Cruz is in the slot for NY. You keep leaving names off your lists to spin and lie.

There are so many things wrong with your analysis, it's ridiculous. Chandler Jones got HURT. HURT. It's unfortunate, big mouth. But, you left Rob Ninkovich's name on purpose. Some people think he's a pretty good player. He led the league in fumbles for a DE. It's not like the guy doesn't do anything.

Last year, it's unfortunate Andre Carter got HURT in Denver. Yes, it's unfortunate.

The fact you think BB needs to have a crystal ball with injuries further proves your irrational behavior.

Meanwhile, Greg Bedard, one of your media buddies was running around LAST YEAR, telling us that Brady's multiple INT games mid season were because he had a shoulder injury. Did he? Or, was Bedard looking to make excuses for the nice guy, Brady?

Why can you make excuses for the offense in defense of Brady, but you ignore key injuries on D?

Explain that to the board, please. You're such a hypocrite, you just can't see it.

NEWSFLASH: Brady absolutely is a MAIN concern moving forward. His last 3 AFC title games along and subpar SBs in the last 5 years prove this.

Your ignorance and arrogance teaming up cannot change that fact.

You Mad Bro???

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I think Goldson would make up for all the mistakes we've made in the secondary over the last fives years - it's a shame we could of had him for less two years ago when he was sitting in Kraft's office, but we had other guys we were bringing in for more value (Shaun Ellis, Haynesworth and Ocho Cinco) at the time. Hard to believe that two years later Goldson still won't command what we paid those three...13 million for one year's "work"...in terms of yearly salary. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

Yeah I want him, if we could talk him down money wise slightly i'd take him. He's the missing piece, the enforcer we've been looking for and possibly a new Rodney Harrison. I don't like the idea of Reed it's so anti BB bringing him in is going all in. He's 34 I know it's Ed Reed but it's got trouble written all over that. If BB brings him in I just think he's making a blunder because he thinks he's one of the greatest ever players. The team are so close and this is one of pieces which must be addressed...I just want them to nail it

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I think Goldson would make up for all the mistakes we've made in the secondary over the last fives years - it's a shame we could of had him for less two years ago when he was sitting in Kraft's office, but we had other guys we were bringing in for more value (Shaun Ellis, Haynesworth and Ocho Cinco) at the time. Hard to believe that two years later Goldson still won't command what we paid those three...13 million for one year's "work"...in terms of yearly salary. 

Goldson doesn't play offense.  He wouldn't have helped in SB 46. lmao

You never post inflammatory comments, you saint you !!

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

So what about Goldson girls?

I like Byrd better but would take Dashon at 6-7 million per year in a HEARTBEAT