Dave Thomas

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

Dave Thomas

Thomas played great this yr for the Saints, how can we get guys like that?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Re: Dave Thomas

Dave Thomas the founder of Wendy's is dead....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

I think the question is, how did we let him go?

TE's in the O have not been asked to do much more than block.  On occasion they are thrown to but not consistent enough for them to be a factor.

I would love for the future or current OC to begin using TEs as options. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

I am happy for Thomas. We had him a gave him  up for guys that aren't even on the squad..........I liked him when he was at U. of Texas with V. Young.............

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fredfredfred. Show Fredfredfred's posts

In BB we trust????

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

How convenient that he now actually catches passes and doesn't shove people after the play is over.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Well, I think the usual answer is that the guy just doesn't or won't fit into our system.  That answer works real well when we are winning championships.  With each passing year without hoisting a Lombardi that answer will start to get old.

In BB I trust, but I don't think anyone can seriously argue that he didn't make some bizarre personnel moves this year.  I'm hoping this was just an adjustment year post Pioli and that next year will be better.  At least we drafted better this year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

C'mon Yapple it was one play grant you it was bad timming vs the Colts but the Patroits never used this guy properly- look at him now.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

He's always had good hands. BB just didn't use him for anything (plus, he was injured often during his stay w/ us).

Don't forget ex-Patriots Heath Evans, Randall Gay, and Kyle Eckel - all of whom wear Saints uniforms now.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

We haven't used TEs for anything other than glorified blocking since Ben Coates...which is about 10 years ago.

Not that blocking isn't important to protect the QB....but what happened to whammie blocks for the RBs and having an athletic TE getting some passes as an alternative?

ask bill.....lol.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

Is there even a post for this if this guy went to Oakland the way he should have after he handed the Colts the game last year?  I could probably run routes for Brees in the offense. Thomas was and is still a stiff.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

He's an awesome PASS-CATCHING tight end, but I guess we really didn't need one of those this year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

"Thomas played great this yr for the Saints, how can we get guys like that"

Beacuse if you wind up in BB's doghouse for one bad move (PF call vs Indy in 2008), you're toast.

"Mark my words, Ben Watson is going to be cut/traded this off season."

Watson is a UFA.

"In BB we trust????"

I stopped trusting him after he kept Dean Pees for 3 years.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: Dave Thomas:
    We haven't used TEs for anything other than glorified blocking since Ben Coates...which is about 10 years ago. Not that blocking isn't important to protect the QB....but what happened to whammie blocks for the RBs and having an athletic TE getting some passes as an alternative? ask bill.....lol.
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii

And what makes this even worse is that you really don't see the results of our glorified blockers.  Our QB's have been running for their lives in many games over the past two years and our running game doesn't look like one of those "here we come, try and stop us" teams.  Imagine what it would look like without our "blocking" TE's :^(

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Wouldn't it be nice if we had an offensive line that could actually block then we could use our TE as a receiver instead of a 6th line man.

It's funny because a good 3 man rush can make them all look silly.

Sections
Shortcuts