David Patten

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Re: David Patten

We have 80 spots on the roster at the start of Training Camp, at least he provides competition and can help out with the young players.  Worst case he's cut, and if he makes the team he is the #4/5.  No problem with this move, considering it is for short money.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

To all Moss hater's, his is what your receiving corp. will start to look like after next year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

The move could be nothing but positive.  At worst, he gets cut and makes nothing from the team.  At best, he rekindles his chemistry with Brady, provides some depth, and brings back some of the champioinship leadership this team is sorely lacking.  

There is absolutely no downside to the move.  Why do some people act as if every veteran minimum signing is a life or death move for the team?  This doesn't prevent them from signing, trading for, or drafting anyone.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

In Response to Re: David Patten:
    ANother 36 yr old dude! Didnt we learn with Galloway debacle last year?He didnt even play last year. I thought the idea was to go young not old, thats why we were saying no to the likes of LT, Westbrook.
    Posted by bmadmax81

Can't compare galloway to Patten, first off Patten has had history with the Pats and with Brady.  One of his best years was with TB and the Pats in 2004.  He's 36 so?  If he can still has speed and can run clean routes he used to run who cares if he's 36 or 26?  He is a solid veteran addition who will bring back some of the Patriot way teachings, meaning people are screaming for extra coaches here's one he just will have pads and a helmet on.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Branch is nextWink. get a couple old reliables till welker gets healed up and not have to pay out the azz so they can save up money to extend mossCry  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick8795. Show Rick8795's posts

Doesn't this strategy take up space for younger prospects that have more long term potential?

I would rather see a younger player (with good stats) who is coming off an injury get signed than an old player who is inevitably going to get injured. That's a better risk tradeoff IMO.

This back to the future stuff is literally getting old.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

There is plenty of space for young players.  They already have Edelman and Tate, and most likely will add another in the draft in April.  That will be three promising young receivers to develop while the veterans (including possibly Patten) hold down the fort for a while.  Welker's injury just makes having those veterans all the more important.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

Right now I look at the Patten signing as a non-issue.  It's way too early to tell what the Pats are thinking about the Patten signing.  But if the Pats picked up Patten with the expectation of him being a solid contributor on offense.  Then the Pats will be heading into 2010 with some serious problems.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

ha, real good pick up, wha 2 go Kraft, thats a good way 2 start with impact players to win the SB.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

WE R picking up where we left off... ----------------------->NOWHERE!!!! FAST!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I don't know WHY they brought him back, but one of my favorite things to do is put in "3 Games to Glory"  and watch his spectacular, leaping (usually backwards) catches.  Love seeing a receiver FIGHTING for a ball.  Miss it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

He signed to retire as a Patriot and join the Coaching staff to help with the kick and punt returns.
    Posted by FenianBlood

I hope that's not your own EKG, Fenian.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jason4444444. Show Jason4444444's posts

The move could be nothing but positive.  At worst, he gets cut and makes nothing from the team.  At best, he rekindles his chemistry with Brady, provides some depth, and brings back some of the champioinship leadership this team is sorely lacking.   There is absolutely no downside to the move.  Why do some people act as if every veteran minimum signing is a life or death move for the team?  This doesn't prevent them from signing, trading for, or drafting anyone.
    Posted by pyegian

I would say worst, he makes the team not at worst he gets cut. I like having him around in preseason camps and in training camp and then I hope he does not make the team because we have much better recievers. Hopefully the patriots can make a better decesion this year on reciever (Galloway vs. Greg Lewis). If Patten does make the team it worries me about the recievers next year, but if they are able to draft (hopefully in round 2) a decent reciever they will have basically two rookies (Tate) and Edelman. So a veteren presence isn't a bad thing.