David Patten

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccusson1122. Show ccusson1122's posts

David Patten

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quN-vOYAnIk check it out..

Can he still bring this!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Re: David Patten

To a degree, yes. Of course, he's not going to be the same old guy because of age and injuries.

He knows our offense, he has rapport with Brady and Belichick, and he's going to bring leadership to the offense. I honestly think he'll make the squad because of those elements. He may wind up the 4th/5th guy but that'll be fine.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

I believe Marshall Faulk was also pretty good back then, maybe the Pats should pick him up as well.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to David Patten:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quN-vOYAnIk check it out.. Can he still bring this!
    Posted by ccusson1122

The 55 year old Patten is this years' Joey Galloway. Will the Pats ever learn?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

In Response to Re: David Patten:
    In Response to David Patten :      The 55 year old Patten is this years' Joey Galloway. Will the Pats ever learn?
    Posted by TexasPat3

After these many years Tex, the answer is a big fat no!
    Wanna make a bet Seau signs again?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

I believe Marshall Faulk was also pretty good back then, maybe the Pats should pick him up as well.
    Posted by BBRULES23

What?  that makes no sense.....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to David Patten :      The 55 year old Patten is this years' Joey Galloway. Will the Pats ever learn?
    Posted by TexasPat3

So you are saying that Patten doesn't have chemestry with Brady and doesn't know the offense?  That is 100% wrong, shows how much you know about the Pats.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Posted by TexasPat3

Well, there's no "harm" in having him during pre-season; so long as he's cut early on if the Patriots don't think he's going to add value to the team. However, I think it would have been better to have a bigger, aggressive WR who can take pressure off Moss. IMHO, we should sign Brandon Marshall...even if it costs some money this year. My rationale? Moss is gone after next season - so, we need another true #1 anyway.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Re: David Patten : So you are saying that Patten doesn't have chemestry with Brady and doesn't know the offense?  That is 100% wrong, shows how much you know about the Pats.
    Posted by m1021us

Oh, Patten does know the offense. The question really is about execution on the field. If he can no longer run routes effectively, does it really matter how well he knows the offense? Unfortunately, Galloway couldn't learn the offense, nor could he run the routes effectively due to the normal aging process.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

The Draft has some nice WR's but no hands down likely superstar unless you want to say Dez Bryant... I am not comfortable with saying that personally.  I like that they took a flier on Patten he doesn't hurt us if he makes the team and provides a little depth and if he can't produce at this level I don't think he is with the team. So nothing to worry about at this point.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

In Response to Re: David Patten : What?  that makes no sense.....
    Posted by m1021us

It means players get older and their skills diminish.  Believe it or not, Galloway used to be a great WR also, times change.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: David Patten : Oh, Patten does know the offense. The question really is about execution on the field. If he can no longer run routes effectively, does it really matter how well he knows the offense? Unfortunately, Galloway couldn't learn the offense, nor could he run the routes effectively due to the normal aging process.
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii

LOL!  The reason Galloway couldn't run the routes wasn't because of aging.....he couldn't GRASP the offense....

Patten was never a game breaker, he was more like a Gaff-me, a role player.....specualtion was that he was brought in here for his leadership role and helping the newer WR's.....

What makes you think that he can't run the routes effectively? 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoahJustin. Show NoahJustin's posts

Patten hasn't even played one game since they've re-signed him, and already the doom and gloom people are out there predicting the end of the world. Enough already! See how the guy fits in first now. Nobody here at this point knows yet if this is going to be a good or bad pickup yet.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Give him a chance, and let BB decide. If brady wanted him back I'm sold

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

and it's not even April 1st.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Comparing Patten to Galloway?  Come on Tex, you're better than that.  

Galloway's problem wasn't age or athleticism, it was a complete inability to even remotely adapt the complexity of the Patriots' sight adjustment offense and be where Brady needed him to be.  

That is EXACTLY what Patten CAN bring, is an understanding of the offense and knowing where to be.  Yes he's old, but he is literally the opposite of Joey Galloway in terms of his fit for the Patriots offense.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Posted by TexasPat3
    to-shay!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: David Patten : So you are saying that Patten doesn't have chemestry with Brady and doesn't know the offense?  That is 100% wrong, shows how much you know about the Pats.
    Posted by m1021us[/QUOTe] he dosent have chemistry with brady.brady dosent have complete chemistry with moss and they have been together for three years straight.patten,and brady havent played together in years.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I'll never forget the game David Patten had against Indy in 2001. He had a 29 yard rushing touchdown, a 91 yard receiving touchdown, a 60 yard touchdown completion and a 6 yard receiving touchdown. By 2004 he was surpassed in the depth chart by Deion Branch and David Givens and did not start a game in the playoffs. Its been a long time since then, I'm not getting my hopes up.