DAVY JONES R. I. P.

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: DAVY JONES R. I. P.

Cheer up sleepy Jean. RIP Mr. Jones.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nagger. Show nagger's posts

In Response to DAVY JONES R. I. P.:
    Here's to Davy Jones of the Monkees, who died today at the too young age of 66. Thanks Davy for the great music and memories!
    Posted by JintsFan
    Sh it skin

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from df5. Show df5's posts

I'm starting to think this tool honestly has no idea this is a Pats forum.

1900 posts in less than four months. Clearly a BDC employee or an obsessed stalker. Either way, this is getting a little weird and creepy.

With all due respect to Jones, this is a Patriots forum. Davey Jones never played a single down for or against the Patriots. The fact that you would drag something so completely off topic into a Patriots forum tells me you have zero social life.

Why don't you get some friends (that may actually want to discuss every single thought that crosses your mind) and leave us alone

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In Response to Re: DAVY JONES R. I. P.:
    Davey Jones never played a single down for or against the Patriots. 
    Posted by df5

Though we could have used him in the secondary last year . . .

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Cheer up sleepy Jean. RIP Mr. Jones.
    Posted by BabeParilli

RIP, daydream believer:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8urgvC0TR8&feature=youtu.be

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

He was a fake musician in a fake band.  A copy of the real thing.  He got a nice living out of it.  Let's not pretend he was Frank Zappa or something.... thank Neil Diamond, Carole King, etc. for that great music.  Plus the stuff that Dolenz sang was better.....  sucks to be a running, healthy vegetarian and die of a heart attack.  I guess that is a cautionary tale for all of us.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to Re: DAVY JONES R. I. P. : well first off I see some of ur (better than you) fellow Pats fans actually apprciated that post and responded in kind....second, I was reinstated after being Banned for some dumb reason in Oct so the 1900 posts are over a FOUR YEAR period...also, I'll stick around so tough **** on that one....lastly, is this Queenie??
    Posted by JintsFan

Why are you still here??????  Go HOME.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmasschilly. Show wmasschilly's posts

interesting little piece of trivia, in the late sixties there was another young musician named David Jones but the record company didn't want him to be confused with already popular Monkey and they told him to change his name---so he changed it to Bowie

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

He was a fake musician in a fake band.  A copy of the real thing.  He got a nice living out of it.  Let's not pretend he was Frank Zappa or something.... thank Neil Diamond, Carole King, etc. for that great music.  Plus the stuff that Dolenz sang was better.....  sucks to be a running, healthy vegetarian and die of a heart attack.  I guess that is a cautionary tale for all of us.
    Posted by Davedsone

Seriously you know nothing. DJ played the drums but Kirschner wanted him up front . So Dolenz a guitarist learned the drums. Both Tork and Nesmith played the guitars.  It was a made up band and they wanted it to be a success as much money was involved.  All bands play others music. Diamond, King, Boyce and Hart wrote many songs for a lot of people before they became famous. All the people that played on their records also played on some other very famous bands. And many like the Beach Boys and Beatles used studio muscians like Niel Young, Stephen Stills, Glen Campbell and many others before they became who they became.                             BTW                                                               "After the end of their relationship with Kirshner, the Monkees went into Goldstar Studios in Hollywood determined to prove to the world that they were a bona fide group and could play their own instruments. What resulted was Headquarters, with all four Monkees in the studio, now together at the same time, with very few guest musicians. Produced by Chip Douglas and issued in May 1967, the four Monkees wrote and played on much of their own material. Nearly all vocals and instruments on Headquarters were performed by the four Monkees (the exceptions being few, usually by Chip Douglas on bass). The album shot to No. 1, but was quickly eclipsed the following week by a milestone cultural event when The Beatles released Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band'.'"

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

That's not exactly a secret; practically anyone who knows David Bowie knows his real name.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmasschilly. Show wmasschilly's posts

That's not exactly a secret; practically anyone who knows David Bowie knows his real name.
    Posted by nhsteven

didn't say it was a secret or even the most obsure bit of trivia out there but i figured a causual music fan might find it interesting if they were not aware

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In Response to Re: DAVY JONES R. I. P. : didn't say it was a secret or even the most obsure bit of trivia out there but i figured a causual music fan might find it interesting if they were not aware
    Posted by wmasschilly

I didn't know it. Never really a big Bowie fan, I guess. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeskii. Show mikeskii's posts

In Response to Re: DAVY JONES R. I. P. : Seriously you know nothing. DJ played the drums but Kirschner wanted him up front . So Dolenz a guitarist learned the drums. Both Tork and Nesmith played the guitars.  It was a made up band and they wanted it to be a success as much money was involved.  All bands play others music. Diamond, King, Boyce and Hart wrote many songs for a lot of people before they became famous. All the people that played on their records also played on some other very famous bands. And many like the Beach Boys and Beatles used studio muscians like Niel Young, Stephen Stills, Glen Campbell and many others before they became who they became.                             BTW                                                               "After the end of their relationship with Kirshner, the Monkees went into Goldstar Studios in Hollywood determined to prove to the world that they were a bona fide group and could play their own instruments. What resulted was Headquarters , with all four Monkees in the studio, now together at the same time, with very few guest musicians. Produced by Chip Douglas and issued in May 1967, the four Monkees wrote and played on much of their own material. Nearly all vocals and instruments on Headquarters were performed by the four Monkees (the exceptions being few, usually by Chip Douglas on bass). The album shot to No. 1, but was quickly eclipsed the following week by a milestone cultural event when The Beatles released Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band '.'"
    Posted by JimfromFlorida

In 1967 the Monkees sold more albums then the Beatles and Stones combined. Not too shabby for a "fake" band.

MikeSki

Sections
Shortcuts