Dawkin's spearing of Welker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Maz. Show Maz's posts

Dawkin's spearing of Welker

Does anyone know if Dawkins got fined for that hit? I didn't see anything.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NESportnut. Show NESportnut's posts

Re: Dawkin's spearing of Welker

In Response to Dawkin's spearing of Welker:
    Posted by Maz

Good question, talk about a dirty hit.......

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

I am sure not.  Given all of the dirty hits and plays the pats have gotten away with over the years, the NFL obviously realizes that they have a lot to give back to even things out.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

Underdogg, once again you are trolling on the wrong site. What about the fine levied against the law breaking Kyle Vanden Bosch, who had the temerity to be blocked into the messiah Peyton Manning, to be promptly awarded a 5000.00 fine? Care to address the NFL's infatuation with your quarterback?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

If people would stop feeding the trolls, they would go away. Just a thought.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

UD is usually better than that. All he had to say was "high ya'll doin, havin a productive day" and it would have been perfect.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Yeah but its fun to beat on underdog. I can't remember the last time he was ahead in an argument. Its almost as fun as watching Peyton Manning consistently lose in the playoffs.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: Dawkin's spearing of Welker:
    UD is usually better than that. All he had to say was "high ya'll doin, havin a productive day" and it would have been perfect.
    Posted by Sam-Adams

I beg to differ. This is par for the course for underdog. Its great to know Indy fans still hate us as much as he does. Really what else could he say against us besides cheap one liners and random hate posts.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

I think you're right. Indy fans still hate the Pats. 

UD went Leon. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

sometimes I am a little like troll-lite. 

As for Kyle VDB, well Tom Brady will get his taste this weekend and pats fans should be worried. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEG3EFsoRxc&feature=related

1)  Watch from 57 seconds to about 1:30. 

You will see that Vanden Bosch was in fact NOT blocked into Manning.  He tried to bull rush Ugoh, got nothing so he spun.  He spun so hard (on purpose) that it appears he lost his footing causing him to dive (which he did) right into Manning's knee.  Under the new rules there is no question about this call.

2)  Now watch again from 2:00 to about 2:40 (2 or 3 plays later).  This is clean, but its close and it shows that Vanden Bosch will go low. 

Finally and specifically qball - are you really questioning this with Tom Brady being popular titleholder to this revised/enhanced rule?  Talk about temerity.

To reinforce my surprise at your snarky question, here is a little more for you:

http://footballoutsiders.com/extra-points/2009/nfl-protecting-big-name-quarterbacks

Please note, Brady did not even play in 2008.  Never again question from this perspective who the NFL has a love affair with. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

sometimes I am a little like troll-lite.  As for Kyle VDB, well Tom Brady will get his taste this weekend and pats fans should be worried.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEG3EFsoRxc&feature=related 1)  Watch from 57 seconds to about 1:30.  You will see that Vanden Bosch was in fact NOT blocked into Manning.  He tried to bull rush Ugoh, got nothing so he spun.  He spun so hard (on purpose) that it appears he lost his footing causing him to dive (which he did) right into Manning's knee.  Under the new rules there is no question about this call. 2)  Now watch again from 2:00 to about 2:40 (2 or 3 plays later).  This is clean, but its close and it shows that Vanden Bosch will go low.  Finally and specifically qball - are you really questioning this with Tom Brady being popular titleholder to this revised/enhanced rule?  Talk about temerity. To reinforce my surprise at your snarky question, here is a little more for you: http://footballoutsiders.com/extra-points/2009/nfl-protecting-big-name-quarterbacks Please note, Brady did not even play in 2008.  Never again question from this perspective who the NFL has a love affair with. 
    Posted by underdogg

That is just an indecent call. 

Ugoh has two hands on Vanden Bosch's back as he is "diving" for Manning. I guess he Ugoh was trying to make sure VB was standing upright.

The saddest part is Manning clearly starts looking for the ref to make the call. Just unbelievable. A QB calling for a flag. He should take off his skirt and play.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

In Response to Re: Dawkin's spearing of Welker : That is just an indecent call.  Ugoh has two hands on Vanden Bosch's back as he is "diving" for Manning. I guess he Ugoh was trying to make sure VB was standing upright. The saddest part is Manning clearly starts looking for the ref to make the call. Just unbelievable. A QB calling for a flag. He should take off his skirt and play.
    Posted by EnochRoot

LOL.  but, I am serious.  Brady needs to beware.  I'd be calling rollouts away from VDB, especially if Vollmer is starting.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: Dawkin's spearing of Welker : LOL.  but, I am serious.  Brady needs to beware.  I'd be calling rollouts away from VDB, especially if Vollmer is starting.
    Posted by underdogg

I was kidding, but Manning does actually start to look for the ref. I think he should be, but, well, some whine if Brady does it. (Not pointing at you UD. I am not sure what your take was after the Ravens game.)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

In Response to Re: Dawkin's spearing of Welker : I was kidding, but Manning does actually start to look for the ref. I think he should be, but, well, some whine if Brady does it. (Not pointing at you UD. I am not sure what your take was after the Ravens game.)
    Posted by EnochRoot

I think you are wrong about Manning.  I think he is looking back at the crowd who are likely yelling at him.  Go back and look again and you will see the ref (white hat) at the very left of the screen (in front of manning)walking out of screen while Manning is looking the other way and the flag is already on the ground - :58 -1:00 of the video.

I don't care about people asking for a call.  Everybody does it - offense and defense.  Brady's just got so much exposure because a) it was brady; b) its the "brady" rule; c) He called for the flag (no big deal); d) the ref who had yet to pull the flag started shaking his head in agreement then pulled and threw it. 

At the end of the day, the call was right, but it was a perfect opportunity for those that disagree because there was the ref shaking his head then throwing the flag.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

I am sure not.  Given all of the dirty hits and plays the pats have gotten away with over the years, the NFL obviously realizes that they have a lot to give back to even things out.
    Posted by underdogg

Like the one that sent your beloved colts to manning's only SB win? Oh wait, that was the colts "getting away with something", wasn't it?  Remember, that little incorrect PI call that handed the colts a 4th quarter TD and a win in the AFC championship game a few years ago? That lead to their only SB win? The one that the league apologized to ellis hobbs for blowing, in writing, after the season? 

is that what you mean when you say the Pats "have a lot to give back"?

Tell me, what do the colts have to "give back"? Besides their only SB win, that is?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

It's funny how the officials always seem to have the eyes of eagles when it comes to fouls committed by the Pats but the eyes of moles when it comes to fouls committed against the Pats.

the spearing incident was a perfect example. dawkins drilled welker square in the small of the back, leading with his helmet, while he was on the ground. That's the very definition of spearing.

There was no pile up, welker was laying on the ground by himself, trying to get up. You could see him writhing in pain for several seconds afterwards.

How could every one of the four officials fail to see that? That's a serious foul, not some petty offsides or illegal formation. In high school, a guy I played with got a crushed vertebra from being speared. It should have involved a penalty, a fine and a suspension.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

What about the officials letting McGowan hold the Broncos' jerseys all day in coverage?  Plenty of calls go our way too.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Posted by Maz

It would have been news if he had been.

Here's how to get a clearer picture - does anyone have the game saved on TiVo?  Pause the game at that point and take a picture.  I believe they showed it from two angles on replay while commenting on what a vicious hit it was (but staying politically correct by not calling it out as dirty).

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DennisLamp. Show DennisLamp's posts

I was waiting for a teammate to grab Dawkins by the throat. That play had intent to injure all over it. He deserves to be smashed. I've never liked Dawkins one bit. He's a showboat of the first order. His "fly like an eagle" tackling style is beyond gay.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

In Response to Re: Dawkin's spearing of Welker : I think you are wrong about Manning.  I think he is looking back at the crowd who are likely yelling at him.  Go back and look again and you will see the ref (white hat) at the very left of the screen (in front of manning)walking out of screen while Manning is looking the other way and the flag is already on the ground - :58 -1:00 of the video. I don't care about people asking for a call.  Everybody does it - offense and defense.  Brady's just got so much exposure because a) it was brady; b) its the "brady" rule; c) He called for the flag (no big deal); d) the ref who had yet to pull the flag started shaking his head in agreement then pulled and threw it.  At the end of the day, the call was right, but it was a perfect opportunity for those that disagree because there was the ref shaking his head then throwing the flag.
    Posted by underdogg

What a bunch o BS underdogg, I heard you all last week whining about Brady's PF call against the Ravens. Now the shoe is on your foot and your tone has changed. Your such a loser man. my god. It must kill you everyday that Brady has the TD record and has more SB than Manning. How does it feel to be second best.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Posted by Maz

He didn't get fined! I bet Welker had some blood in his urine the next day though. I haven't figured out what criteria the league uses to fine guys but I bet if the Patriots wanted to be like the Ravens they probably could have sent film to the league for review. That was a complete cheap shot!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

In Response to Re: Dawkin's spearing of Welker : Like the one that sent your beloved colts to manning's only SB win? Oh wait, that was the colts "getting away with something", wasn't it?  Remember, that little incorrect PI call that handed the colts a 4th quarter TD and a win in the AFC championship game a few years ago? That lead to their only SB win? The one that the league apologized to ellis hobbs for blowing, in writing, after the season?  is that what you mean when you say the Pats "have a lot to give back"? Tell me, what do the colts have to "give back"? Besides their only SB win, that is?
    Posted by unclealfie

So you're saying the pats have never benefitted from calls?  Are you also saying that one call affected the entire game so much that the mighty pats had no chance to recover? 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: Dawkin's spearing of Welker : So you're saying the pats have never benefitted from calls?  Are you also saying that one call affected the entire game so much that the mighty pats had no chance to recover? 
    Posted by underdogg

No, we're simply pointing out that Reggie Wayne threw his hands up and cried like he was mugged, but you'll never b*tch about that because it benefited YOUR team.

But if Brady tries it...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

I agree with Nick C.......Underdogg, you should remember that I have called out your hypocrisy before. Speaking for myself only, what drives me the most nuts reading your posts is the holier than thou attitude. This attitude permeates your cinderalla team, and is beloved by the league, where your team has had more than its share of influence for too long.

Call Patriots fans many things, but holier than thou we are not.

Sections
Shortcuts