day 1-additions

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

Re: day 1-additions

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"-game 1 or game 8 or whatever. seems a sure thing Halapio and Stork will soon be playing starters snap"

When the Pats drafted these guys I said at least 1, if not 2 of the rookie OLinemen would need to play significant time this year.  You said they would be on the Practice Squad.   Have you changed your opinion or are you passing on someone else's opinion?

[/QUOTE]

It is never his opinion. He will not tell us who his source is either. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I cant comment too much on day 2. I missed too much. Hopeful others will post what they saw

Based on the crowd noise I missed a lot. I was at BB' presser and did see RK. Did not see much of the players. 

One obvious thing though is uni numbers. Welcome addition. 

Sorry I dont have more, should make Russ happy though. Let him go argue with someone else. I am going to Chesneys with my wife for a few cold ones 

Have at it Russ

[/QUOTE]

"Chesneys"? Please don't tell me that is what I think it is.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

some other comments picked up yesterday that I neglected to include;

-Connolly was injured all of last year. Wendell was not. Connolly was not restructured, but Wendells contract contains pretty much no liability if he is let go. healthy, Connolly offer much more roster flexibility.

-game 1 or game 8 or whatever. seems a sure thing Halapio and Stork will soon be playing starters snap

-downright giddy news about Gronk, but same giddyness on Vince

-lots of questions on Kelley. he restructured. is he going to be an 8 game player? 12 game player? starting the season on pup?

-Dennerd is interesting. no one thought his injury would take this long to heal. many though he really was primed to push Arrington for time. Ryan primed to surpass Dennerd on the depth chart

-saw Wil Smith earlier. he is really big. he is much, much bigger than Chandler, Nink, Buchanon, ACarter. been a long time since I gave seen a DE here this big. he could be very interesting this year

-someone who I listen to gave me his surpise of camp. Bequette. I was shocked. I thought he should have been cut last year. we shall see 

[/QUOTE]

Im interested in seeing if any of the fans who bashed Wilfork and said he would not come back healthy feel the need to apologize esp. for making disparaging remarks about his wife..... Naaa, I doubt it.

I recall some very nasty things being said and lots of folks saying he was too fat to recover. Great Fan Base,,,smh

[/QUOTE]

[object]

My opinion on Big Vince was that a big man getting pushed by 700 lbs every play has the odds against him with an achillies. I wasn't impressed with all the hate laid out there at Mrs Wilfork though. I thought that was a pretty low blow. I hope he can play this season and not have to play 90% of the snaps. I partially blame the Pats for over using him all these years. I feel that could have led to his inkury.

[/QUOTE]

Said it before, will say it again: Never count out a person with the character like Wilfork has.  I don;t care what his injury was or how much he weighs.

He's not your average 350 lb individual. Not by a long shot.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to ronk1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Pro, what you are saying is legit, but it is not correct. The line isn't Smith, Vince and Kelley. The line is Nink, Vince, Kelley, Jones and Smith, Sil, Easley, Buchanon. Maybe Chris Jones. Maybe Vellano.

I like that better than Nink, Vellano, Jones, Jones, Soap, Buchanon, Carter...

Thats a really deep rotation, littered with size, experience, up and coming talent and solid leadership.

[/QUOTE]

Oh, I agree.  I just thought it was funny to think of those three together--all over 30 and all just out of the hospital.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You don't know what chesneys is?! Have you ever been to Patriots Place?!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No. I have only been to games, never been to an camp practice like many out-of-staters.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Im interested in seeing if any of the fans who bashed Wilfork and said he would not come back healthy feel the need to apologize esp. for making disparaging remarks about his wife..... Naaa, I doubt it.

I recall some very nasty things being said and lots of folks saying he was too fat to recover. Great Fan Base,,,smh

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Lol, yep I remember that. Very few of us wanted him back as most were bashing him after he wouldn't take the first restructure/extension offer the Pats tossed at him. Glad I wasn't part of that group as they are going to look as foolish as the group who bashed Mankins back during his contract dispute.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

I agree, the fans who bashed Wilfork and Mankins just don't understand how important those guys have been and hopefully will be until they retire.

But the fans who bash Bill Belichick and how he has gone about building his Super Bowl caliber rosters year in and out have the most egg on their face.

By the looks of this years team, he has once again engineered another legitimate threat to win it all.....and as fans that is all we can ask for!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I cant comment too much on day 2. I missed too much. Hopeful others will post what they saw

Based on the crowd noise I missed a lot. I was at BB' presser and did see RK. Did not see much of the players. 

Sorry I dont have more, should make Russ happy though. Let him go argue with someone else. I am going to Chesneys with my wife for a few cold ones 

Have at it Russ

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wow, you are a dewsch

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Have at it Russ

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wow, you are a dewsch

[/QUOTE]

bump

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Philskiw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

some other comments picked up yesterday that I neglected to include;

-Connolly was injured all of last year. Wendell was not. Connolly was not restructured, but Wendells contract contains pretty much no liability if he is let go. healthy, Connolly offer much more roster flexibility.

-game 1 or game 8 or whatever. seems a sure thing Halapio and Stork will soon be playing starters snap

-downright giddy news about Gronk, but same giddyness on Vince

-lots of questions on Kelley. he restructured. is he going to be an 8 game player? 12 game player? starting the season on pup?

-Dennerd is interesting. no one thought his injury would take this long to heal. many though he really was primed to push Arrington for time. Ryan primed to surpass Dennerd on the depth chart

-saw Wil Smith earlier. he is really big. he is much, much bigger than Chandler, Nink, Buchanon, ACarter. been a long time since I gave seen a DE here this big. he could be very interesting this year

-someone who I listen to gave me his surpise of camp. Bequette. I was shocked. I thought he should have been cut last year. we shall see 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object]

My opinion on Big Vince was that a big man getting pushed by 700 lbs every play has the odds against him with an achillies. I wasn't impressed with all the hate laid out there at Mrs Wilfork though. I thought that was a pretty low blow. I hope he can play this season and not have to play 90% of the snaps. I partially blame the Pats for over using him all these years. I feel that could have led to his inkury.

[/QUOTE]

Said it before, will say it again: Never count out a person with the character like Wilfork has.  I don;t care what his injury was or how much he weighs.

He's not your average 350 lb individual. Not by a long shot.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

he tore his achillies. He's not on the field yet. He can have the heart of rudi but his body might not like that. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Rkarp, I am glad you post , i dont get the Rusty thing at all

I see nothing but good things at this time

I was one who didnt think VW would fit back into the squad - Thought the PAts treated him right and he was wrong- if he is again a good soldier - then great - but he and kelly and the rest of the DLine must be in a real rotation

IF the Oline is better - i see no holes on thos team, and can beat anybody

In fat i want to see more rotaions for everyone - especially in blowouts

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to seawolfxs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rkarp, I am glad you post , i dont get the Rusty thing at all

I see nothing but good things at this time

I was one who didnt think VW would fit back into the squad - Thought the PAts treated him right and he was wrong- if he is again a good soldier - then great - but he and kelly and the rest of the DLine must be in a real rotation

IF the Oline is better - i see no holes on thos team, and can beat anybody

In fat i want to see more rotaions for everyone - especially in blowouts

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

[/QUOTE]

I agree on the DL, and I do feel they have the players and depth to have a great DL rotation

the enemy is not the Broncos (or the Jets). it is injury. this team is far and away the favorite to be the AFC representative in the SB if healthy. including the Broncos

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No. I have only been to games, never been to an camp practice like many out-of-staters.

[/QUOTE]

You've never even been to Gillette you lying toolbag. You're the ultimate fan but you don't even check out Patriot Place after the game? The Hall? Bars, restaurants, etc. Lmao so you come down from Carolina go to the game at 1 and leave at 4? You're a joke. What's the excuse? Did you have to run back to your car so you could sit in 2 hours of traffic on rt 1 or were you too embarrassed to go because you were by yourself while everyone else was with friends.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to Bungalow-Bill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You've never even been to Gillette you lying toolbag. You're the ultimate fan but you don't even check out Patriot Place after the game? The Hall? Bars, restaurants, etc. Lmao so you come down from Carolina go to the game at 1 and leave at 4? You're a joke. What's the excuse? Did you have to run back to your car so you could sit in 2 hours of traffic on rt 1 or were you too embarrassed to go because you were by yourself while everyone else was with friends.

[/QUOTE]

I think you're onto something here, it's impossible not to go to Patriot Place before or after a game there. You walk right through it and no one in their right mind jumps into their car right after a game and sits in that traffic...only an idiot would do that.