***Day 2 Prospects to Follow***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from elDunker2. Show elDunker2's posts

Re: ***Day 2 Prospects to Follow***

I don't see how they could pass on Still at 48, unless Jenkins was still there.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: ***Day 2 Prospects to Follow***:
    [QUOTE]I don't see how they could pass on Still at 48, unless Jenkins was still there.
    Posted by elDunker2[/QUOTE]

I do, I'd take Reyes over Still and think BB would too. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from elDunker2. Show elDunker2's posts

Yeah, I gotta get over my fear of UConn players at the next level...Butler anyone?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

[QUOTE]Alright MB let me put you on the clock with this scenario. #48_________ Players still on the board. Reyes Jenkins Silatolu Wolfe  Jeffrey
    Posted by maine12[/QUOTE]

Reyes

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah, I gotta get over my fear of UConn players at the next level...Butler anyone?
    Posted by elDunker2[/QUOTE]

I hear ya... I have a similar bias towards UNC and USC defensive players, believe they're generally over-hyped.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

The big question is which need is larger: DB or DT.  It appears most agree these are the biggest 2 holes, and value/fit may force BB's hand here, but which is the bigger hole.

I think we go DT over DB first if given similar value to choose from.  I think there will be a "good enough" S or CB at the end of round 2, and there are 3 other factors in my mind.  BB schemes best when he has front 7 options and flexibility, he is good at making due with "inferior" DB's, and Bell is still available as a stop gap S next year.

I think he goes best DT fit available at 48, and then tries to take best available DB at 61.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]The big question is which need is larger: DB or DT.  It appears most agree these are the biggest 2 holes, and value/fit may force BB's hand here, but which is the bigger hole. I think we go DT over DB first if given similar value to choose from.  I think there will be a "good enough" S or CB at the end of round 2, and there are 3 other factors in my mind.  BB schemes best when he has front 7 options and flexibility, he is good at making due with "inferior" DB's, and Bell is still available as a stop gap S next year. I think he goes best DT fit available at 48, and then tries to take best available DB at 61.
    Posted by fl+adam,[/QUOTE]

They could upgrade both, but I think DB remains the bigger need.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Do you see the Pats staying at both 48 and 63 or perhaps moving down to add a pick or two in the later rounds or for next year? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]Do you see the Pats staying at both 48 and 63 or perhaps moving down to add a pick or two in the later rounds or for next year? 
    Posted by ATJ[/QUOTE]

I see some movement today.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

I'm partial to Still as a Penn st fan. He had to take on a lot of double teams as the best part of an overrated defense. You get him on the tackle, give him a little space, he'll dominate in these matchups. Give me Still, Reyes, or Wolfe, and I'll be very happy with today.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]The big question is which need is larger: DB or DT.  It appears most agree these are the biggest 2 holes, and value/fit may force BB's hand here, but which is the bigger hole. I think we go DT over DB first if given similar value to choose from.  I think there will be a "good enough" S or CB at the end of round 2, and there are 3 other factors in my mind.  BB schemes best when he has front 7 options and flexibility, he is good at making due with "inferior" DB's, and Bell is still available as a stop gap S next year. I think he goes best DT fit available at 48, and then tries to take best available DB at 61.
    Posted by fl+adam,[/QUOTE]

I don't know. I think if we get a dominant front 7(03,04) our secondary will give up less plays. Not too many shutdown corners in the NFL anymore, secondary guys are only as good as their scheme and front 7 allows imo.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]I'm partial to Still as a Penn st fan. He had to take on a lot of double teams as the best part of an overrated defense. You get him on the tackle, give him a little space, he'll dominate in these matchups. Give me Still, Reyes, or Wolfe, and I'll be very happy with today.
    Posted by KyleCleric2[/QUOTE]

Yes sir! Any one of those players next VW does wonders for our defense as a whole!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from _008_. Show _008_'s posts

No Andre Branch?  I'd be so psyched if we can double up and pick up another pass-rusher like Vinny Curry or Andre Branch and another corner. Sure we need more safeties, running backs, and guards but pass rushers are harder to come by and we should double up like we did with RBs in '10 and TE in '11. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

In response to "Re: ***Day 2 Prospects to Follow***": [QUOTE]No Andre Branch?  I'd be so psyched if we can double up and pick up another pass-rusher like Vinny Curry or Andre Branch and another corner. Sure we need more safeties, running backs, and guards but pass rushers are harder to come by and we should double up like we did with RBs in '10 and TE in '11.  Posted by _008_[/QUOTE] Adding Hughtower was kind of doubling up. I wouldn't have a problem with the Pats adding Curry or Branch, though. I wouldn't like it though at the expense of a 5 tech

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mcboyd22. Show mcboyd22's posts

I think they will trade back for more picks this year....so many players with talent even in the 3rd round...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

In Response to ***Day 2 Prospects to Follow***:
    [QUOTE]Here are some names that I'll be following on Day 2: (Updated 4:35 PM EST) DB: Josh Robinson Jayron Hosley Ron Brooks Casey Hayward Janoris Jenkins George Iloka Brandon Taylor Brandon Boykin Shaun Prater Chase Minnifield LB: Courtney Upshaw Ronnell Lewis DE/OLB: Vinny Curry DL: Kendall Reyes Alameda Ta'amu Derek Wolfe Brandon Thompson Josh Chapman Offense: Amini Silatolu- OG Senio Kelemete-OG Joe Looney-OG Bobby Massie- OT Jonathan Martin- OT Alshon Jeffery-WR Marvin Jones- WR Jarius Wright- WR Mohamed Sanu-WR Greg Childs-WR Joe Adams-WR Ryan Broyles-WR Devon Wylie-WR Lamichael James- RB Lamar Miller- RB Vick Ballard- RB
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]

Is Ron Brooks the LSU guy that didnt start but has so much talent/ potential but just stuck behind some studs his last 2 years at LSU?

if so any chance he slips out totally and could be an FA sign?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from _008_. Show _008_'s posts

They will trade back from the first pick, move back a few spots and pick up a corner+a 4th rounder, then pick Sanu at the end of the round. Mark my word!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to ***Day 2 Prospects to Follow*** : Is Ron Brooks the LSU guy that didnt start but has so much talent/ potential but just stuck behind some studs his last 2 years at LSU? if so any chance he slips out totally and could be an FA sign?
    Posted by mgraham[/QUOTE]

Yessir, that's him.  I hope to land him in Rd 5 (could come off in Rd 4), would be surprised if he's still available.

Sections
Shortcuts