Day 3, Meat and Potatoes Day

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Day 3, Meat and Potatoes Day

The day you actually build the core of the team. Looking over the landscape I see plenty of names that could/would fit. Some have been linked to the Pats, some not. No particular order;

1. DaQuan Jones DT

2. Brandon Coleman WR (Rutgers Fix)

3. David Yankey G (I like the kid)

4. Shayne Skov MLB (was born to be a Patriot)

5. Gabe Ikard C (needs polish but the tools are there)

6. Cyril Richardson G (another needing polish but a straight up TOUGH kid)

Also a very good year to pick up a lot of undrafted FA as well.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Re: Day 3, Meat and Potatoes Day

I like your list especially Yankey & Richardson. I would add  few possibilities.

Daniel McCullers DT Tenn- Guy is a mountain and with the right coaching in a good system would be a load in the middle.

Antone Exum CB  Va.Tech - Big physical corner who would have gone in the second round if he didn't get hurt.

Craig Loston SS LSU - Can play down in the box and has very good cover ability.

Jeff Janis WR Saginaw Valley St. - A big receiver that can fly they could get this guy in the 6th.

Max Bullough LB Mich. St. - Not the greatest athlete but a real smart tough kid that has loves to compete. He just needs to be in a program that can keep him focused.

My 2 cents on a few guys for what it's worth.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dfitzp. Show dfitzp's posts

I also like WR from Wisconsin Jared Abbrederis. He's 6'1" 195lbs does everything well but maybe not a true burner. 4.50 at the combine. Probably the best route runner in the draft. Always open great moves and great hands.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Yes to all, good team guys still waiting to find a home. It's always fun to watch the draft but in the end we have a long way until we see the team that takes the field in September.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bustify. Show Bustify's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I like your list especially Yankey & Richardson. I would add  few possibilities.

Daniel McCullers DT Tenn- Guy is a mountain and with the right coaching in a good system would be a load in the middle.

Antone Exum CB  Va.Tech - Big physical corner who would have gone in the second round if he didn't get hurt.

Craig Loston SS LSU - Can play down in the box and has very good cover ability.

Jeff Janis WR Saginaw Valley St. - A big receiver that can fly they could get this guy in the 6th.

Max Bullough LB Mich. St. - Not the greatest athlete but a real smart tough kid that has loves to compete. He just needs to be in a program that can keep him focused.

My 2 cents on a few guys for what it's worth.

[/QUOTE]

Exum screams typical late round BB pick (choosing a guy who would have gone higher if not due to injuries/off the field issues...see Dennard and even Buchanan to an extent).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajaym. Show ajaym's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The day you actually build the core of the team. Looking over the landscape I see plenty of names that could/would fit. Some have been linked to the Pats, some not. No particular order;

1. DaQuan Jones DT

2. Brandon Coleman WR (Rutgers Fix)

3. David Yankey G (I like the kid)

4. Shayne Skov MLB (was born to be a Patriot)

5. Gabe Ikard C (needs polish but the tools are there)

6. Cyril Richardson G (another needing polish but a straight up TOUGH kid)

Also a very good year to pick up a lot of undrafted FA as well.

[/QUOTE]

I like this set. A lot.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Not sure I agree with the, you build your core on day 3 (I'd prefer your core to be your best players then build around them instead of the other way around) but agree some good potential left in the draft. Not sure any of them might help this year but these should help for the future moving forward, which seems to be the theme of this draft (look towards the future).

Number of good steals in the 4th but they still have a number of holes to fill. Lets hope they can find some gems.

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not sure I agree with the, you build your core on day 3 (I'd prefer your core to be your best players then build around them instead of the other way around) but agree some good potential left in the draft. Not sure any of them might help this year but these should help for the future moving forward, which seems to be the theme of this draft (look towards the future).

Number of good steals in the 4th but they still have a number of holes to fill. Lets hope they can find some gems.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I agree. I simply don't see 3rd day picks making this team. Lots of depth already, not a lot of spots open. What are we looking at, 7 more picks and then 12-15 UDFA's. I will call it now. 2 players of those 19-22 are here in September. 

I think it is quite apparent we will see Kline, Cave, Buchanon, Boyce have much more value in 2014 than a 3rd day draft choice. 

I could see Tavon, Enber, Bequette on the bubble. Not many others

I hope we see the Interior OL addressed a few times to fill in the PS this year with an eye to the next few years

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Looking at the TE list, an important piece to this offense, I would say there there are no meat or potatoes on the plate today.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Looking at the TE list, an important piece to this offense, I would say there there are no meat or potatoes on the plate today.

[/QUOTE]

TFB, I simply think BB did not like this years TE's, and is going to take his chances with lower profile players on day 3 including UDFA. 

I also think the past 2 days lends credence to Gronk is ahead of schedule and Keller will get a shot.

I would look to 2 TE's on the PS this year..but not any rookie TE's on the 53 man roster

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

TFB, I simply think BB did not like this years TE's, and is going to take his chances with lower profile players on day 3 including UDFA. 

I also think the past 2 days lends credence to Gronk is ahead of schedule and Keller will get a shot.

I would look to 2 TE's on the PS this year..but not any rookie TE's on the 53 man roster

[/QUOTE]

I agree hete. Beyond Ebron the TE position this year was unspectacular. Sure Niklas and Cj were serviceable, but not worth our pick.

today is about adding quality to the back of the roster and replacing some of the dead wright like bequette. Maybe we strike a gem if we are lucky. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That would blow my mind if he didn't like any of the top 4 or 5 TE's.  Any of those top 4 or 5 would have been huge impact players in this offense right from day 1.  I still have hope that the Pats can trade mallet to houston for Fiedorowicz, this guy is a clone of Gronk.  Thought this would have been a sure thing after the other top 4 TE's were gone, especially since CJ was coached by Kirk Ferentz at Iowa, who just happens to have a BB connection.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That would blow my mind if he didn't like any of the top 4 or 5 TE's.  Any of those top 4 or 5 would have been huge impact players in this offense right from day 1.  I still have hope that the Pats can trade mallet to houston for Fiedorowicz, this guy is a clone of Gronk.  Thought this would have been a sure thing after the other top 4 TE's were gone, especially since CJ was coached by Kirk Ferentz at Iowa, who just happens to have a BB connection.  

[/QUOTE]

Perhaps it was the connection that caused them to pass.....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Michael Sam talk is heating up.... Please no!  He isn't very good.

That is all!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hannahman. Show Hannahman's posts

Id like to see them take a flier on the VT QB Logan Thomas as a TE

The Great Almighty God himself can come down from heaven, and even he wouldn't be able to throw it past me       -Ted Williams

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

That is all!!

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

I'd take a flyer on him in the very late 6th or 7th. No worse than Buchanan really

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

That is all!!

I'd take a flyer on him in the very late 6th or 7th. No worse than Buchanan really

late 7th, nothing sooner.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to Hannahman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Id like to see them take a flier on the VT QB Logan Thomas as a TE

The Great Almighty God himself can come down from heaven, and even he wouldn't be able to throw it past me       -Ted Williams

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

At this point why not. Him or Joe Don Duncan would be my 2 players that could be left to play TE on my list

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

late 7th, nothing sooner.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

To me late 6th to late 7th isn't much of a difference so if they like him I'm ok with that. With so many day 3 picks I doubt they will all make it out of camp anyways

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Ok a C and Stork is a pretty good overall one at that. I'll take it

Btw the was available because of health concerns

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Stork?  Short arms, stiff hip... His projection was rnd 7 / undrafted.  Wow, I don't like this pick at all. 

Is he a meat and potatoes pick? 

Get BB some help in the draft room, please.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]

Stork?  Short arms, stiff hip... His projection was rnd 7 / undrafted.  Wow, I don't like this pick at all. 

[/QUOTE]

Dan Koppen had 32 inch arms. He was also a Remington award finalist. 

Copying and pasting stuff from NFLcombine.com has almost no bearing on what a selection can do. 

Florida State has a record setting offense that is very complex at the line. This kid made all the line calls. He's as good a C prospect as anyone on the board, and NE needed a center. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

TFB he's one of the better C's and the short arms are a bit of a concern, the health concerns even more so but he was graded as an early day 4 guy. Might have gotten him in the back of the 4th but not that much of a reach. The health thing is very concerning though, esp given all the injures to the OL lately

Sections
Shortcuts