DBs left on market

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: DBs left on market

In response to mef429's comment:

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:

Didn't Grimes sign with Atl?

What about the following players? Anyone fit the bill as a #2 or #3 CB?

Marcus Trufant

Charles Woodson- S/CB

Mike Jenkins

Tracy Porter

Grimes is still a FA. it was reported that ATL resigned him but that was false.

grimes and talib

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Talib and a safety, that's all we need.  There is a free agent tracker so you don't need to keep a running list:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/freeagency/?year=2013&position=29&status=1

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

I find it interesting that Talib is still available. He seemed to be very good with the Pats. What exactly is the knock on him?

Inconsistent, injury prone, weak work ethic, poor team mate, 1 PED away from half a season suspension, 1 off field issue away from a 1/4 year suspension

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Talib and a safety, that's all we need.  There is a free agent tracker so you don't need to keep a running list:

beg to differ, we need a pass rusher as well

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

who's our 3rd CB? and I wouldn't say just a S. We have just a S in Wilson and Gregory. We need a starting SS

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

I find it interesting that Talib is still available. He seemed to be very good with the Pats. What exactly is the knock on him?

Inconsistent, injury prone, weak work ethic, poor team mate, 1 PED away from half a season suspension, 1 off field issue away from a 1/4 year suspension

agreed. would need a backup plan if we get him and a 1 year deal ideally

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:

agreed. would need a backup plan if we get him and a 1 year deal ideally

Unfortunately we will have to draft a Cb again

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

New England may try to hold Talib to Smith's deal at 6 Mil per. Talib I'm sure wanted much more than that. Money, as usual, will end up being the sticking point.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

New England may try to hold Talib to Smith's deal at 6 Mil per. Talib I'm sure wanted much more than that. Money, as usual, will end up being the sticking point.

Talib is a better corner than Smith.. he will likely get more than 6M per year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

actually I think the Pats are sticking to a lower price and will stick even harder now that the market isn't there for him. So instead of getting a couple of CBs they want to stick the price to Talib and are waiting until he caves like they did with Welker

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Yikes... Quite risky then.

But I thought BB liked those.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

The more I think about it the more it makes sense the wait. He set a price and said to his FAs go get offers and come back. Now he's waiting for the offers to come back and won't budge on his price. But, because of that he won't go after other players at that position because it weakens his price. He'd rather stick to his price then to improve the team. Really looking at what's left on the market we at best can return to the same spot as we were last year (talent wise) but we'll have a ton of cash to spend on the secondary market?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

The more I think about it the more it makes sense the wait. He set a price and said to his FAs go get offers and come back. Now he's waiting for the offers to come back and won't budge on his price. But, because of that he won't go after other players at that position because it weakens his price. He'd rather stick to his price then to improve the team. Really looking at what's left on the market we at best can return to the same spot as we were last year (talent wise) but we'll have a ton of cash to spend on the secondary market?

Now you've got it... we have enough cash to match any offer.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Now you've got it... we have enough cash to match any offer.

any offer for who though Wozzy? I mean really the options are limited at this point. Do you know of players that will be cut after the draft they plan on picking up?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

actually I think the Pats are sticking to a lower price and will stick even harder now that the market isn't there for him. So instead of getting a couple of CBs they want to stick the price to Talib and are waiting until he caves like they did with Welker

It's hard to see how people can be passionate for an organization that low balls them.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

any offer for who though Wozzy? I mean really the options are limited at this point. Do you know of players that will be cut after the draft they plan on picking up?

Options aren't as bad as you think, do you remember how "finished" Randy Moss was when he played for the Raiders?  

Take a talent off a bad team and suddenly they've revived their career.  At CB Mike Jenkins or one of the older guys comes to mind... with a solid draft at DT, our secondary with an added vet safety suddenly looks pretty good because our pass rush will be ferocious...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Options aren't as bad as you think, do you remember how "finished" Randy Moss was when he played for the Raiders?  

Take a talent off a bad team and suddenly they've revived their career.  At CB Mike Jenkins or one of the older guys comes to mind... with a solid draft at DT, our secondary with an added vet safety suddenly looks pretty good because our pass rush will be ferocious...

we traded a 4th for Moss, we don't have a 4th. Which one of our draft picks would you like to trade and remember if you do that reduces the number of picks you want to use on a 2 WRs, 2 CBs, and a DT

Jenkins really? Ala Springs last year? and whos the vet S you want to sign? Players don't get better just by coming to the Pats. We go through 20 fringe player signings a year that are like Jenkins and they get cut. If Jenkins is who you are counting on we are in serious trouble

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

I would like any two of Cason, Grimes, Nnamdi, Gamble, Talib.

And Talib maybe looking for more money than Smith, but I am willing to bet he doesn't get it. No on seems to be getting more than 6M this year.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to mia76's comment:

I would like any two of Cason, Grimes, Nnamdi, Gamble, Talib.

And Talib maybe looking for more money than Smith, but I am willing to bet he doesn't get it. No on seems to be getting more than 6M this year.

Gamble retired and Nnamdi said he wants to go back to the west coast and is working something out with the 49ers

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

It's hard to see how people can be passionate for an organization that low balls them.

I dont know man.  That's almost $20 grand a month per million you make. Not really low balling if you put it in perspective.  Bob Kraft has a business to run and the pats are in it for the long haul if  they keep running like they do.  6 M per is fair. 

Sections
Shortcuts