DE Jason Babin

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Footballexpert45. Show Footballexpert45's posts

DE Jason Babin

Jags just released 34 year old Jason Babin.  Seems like a perfect fit for the Pats as he is still an impact pass rushing DE.  He led the Jags with 7.5 sacks and 19 pressures on the QB.  I don't see why the Pats couldn't get him for reasonable $$.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Re: DE Jason Babin

Agreed. With Armstead going down, adding another pass-rusher makes sense at this point. I would explore him as a 3rd-down option. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

You can count me in with Babin. With injuries over the course of the season you can never have too much depth anywhere. The Pats certainly have cap room and I'd like to see them use it. Also still want Keller.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I thought the value of Armstead was his versatility to play DT in some fronts?  Can't see how Babin helps in that regard, plus Will Smith is the vet DE at this point.  I can't see Babin filling a need, but agree that he's still an interesting player in a limited 3rd down role. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Footballexpert45. Show Footballexpert45's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

I thought the value of Armstead was his versatility to play DT in some fronts?  Can't see how Babin helps in that regard, plus Will Smith is the vet DE at this point.  I can't see Babin filling a need, but agree that he's still an interesting player in a limited 3rd down role. 

The Pats as a team had 3 sacks last season, Babin alone had 7.5.  Hope that helps.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to Footballexpert45's comment:

The Pats as a team had 3 sacks last season, Babin alone had 7.5.  Hope that helps.

Huh? 3 sacks?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

[object HTMLDivElement]

What is your source?  Talk about reducto ad absurdum.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[object HTMLDivElement]

Smith's coming off a major injury. Doesn't hurt to bring Babin in just in case Smith can't cut it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Do you want to give up on developing Buchanon for a 34 year old player that has been released multiple times in the past 18 months?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

Do you want to give up on developing Buchanon for a 34 year old player that has been released multiple times in the past 18 months?

[object HTMLDivElement]

No one's guaranteeing him a spot on the 53 man roster but why not look at him as insurance in case Buchanan takes a step backwards (lets face it he was very underwhelming last year) or Smith looks slow and hurt in camp, ala A. Wilson?

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Um... What are you on? Chandler had 12.5 by himself.

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/team-sacks-and-sack-yards/2013/" rel="nofollow">http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/team-sacks-and-sack-yards/2013/

Pats were 5th in the league with 48 sacks. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

Um... What are you on? Chandler had 12.5 by himself.

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/team-sacks-and-sack-yards/2013/" rel="nofollow">http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/team-sacks-and-sack-yards/2013/" rel="nofollow">http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/team-sacks-and-sack-yards/2013/

Pats were 5th in the league with 48 sacks. 

Maybe he meant they averaged 3 sacks per game . . . LOL

• You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

[object HTMLDivElement]

Were we watching the same team?  Here I was thinking that Jones and Nink had twenty between them?  As others note, if they bring in Babin to compete with Smith, great. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

[object HTMLDivElement]

No one's guaranteeing him a spot on the 53 man roster but why not look at him as insurance in case Buchanan takes a step backwards (lets face it he was very underwhelming last year) or Smith looks slow and hurt in camp, ala A. Wilson?

when you say "a la AWilson", you realize what he cost the PAts against the CAP, correct?

I don't see Babin coming for the vet minimum, some team will offer him some guaranteed money.

I thought the AWIlson move last year was desperation by BB, but with Nink, Jones, Smith and Buchanon, Babin is complimentary snaps/situational snaps... 

• Sections
    Shortcuts