Austin, Thomas OL $5,000
    Yeatman, Will TE $4,667
    Nurse, Clay DE $3,334
    Coulson, Ryan LB $1,667
    Roark, Matt WR $833
    Ross, Jeremy WR $667

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

Re: Dead Money

There has been a lot of talk about Dead Money, here it is in its current form for the year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

That is last season's.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

That is last season's.

[/QUOUTE]

Hmm have to see if this years is broken down

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

http://www.overthecap.com/teamcap.php?Team=Patriots&Year=2013

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

Dead Money

NameCap
    Number TOTAL $4,644,196 Jon Fanene $2,566,667 Chad Ochocinco $1,583,334 Dan Koppen $175,000 Jabar Gaffnet $125,000 Spencer Larsen $125,000 Jeremy Ebert $36,150 Jeremiah Warren $12,000 Sergio Brown $9,711 Marcus Forston $6,667 Kyle Hix $3,000 Matt Roark $1,667

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

http://www.overthecap.com/teamcap.php?Team=Patriots&Year=2013

Yah found it for some reason the table from this page didn't stay formatted.

Only reason I wanted to post this is there have been a lot of people talking about dead money around here. I  just want to post the breakdown.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

$4.6 million in dead money really isn't a problem.  It's less than 5% of the cap.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

$4.6 million in dead money really isn't a problem.  It's less than 5% of the cap.  

I'm not posting this as a bad or good thing just what it is... I'm sure some others might want to see a break down.  I'm the type who always says I'm going to look something up but then never get a chance to becuase of life.  This morning is a nice lazy sunday at my house so I did.  I figured I'd post it for others.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to csylvia79's comment:

I'm not posting this as a bad or good thing just what it is... I'm sure some others might want to see a break down.  I'm the type who always says I'm going to look something up but then never get a chance to becuase of life.  This morning is a nice lazy sunday at my house so I did.  I figured I'd post it for others.

Didn't mean to seem critical.  Appreciate the info, actually.  Was just commenting that it is a good number and won't be a problem for the Pats this year.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Rivera and Fortson are still on the roster, why would they be on this list?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Ya, but the 22+ last year was.  (20% of the cap).  ugh   That extra 20M would have gone a long way in securing a talented backfield this year and last and next! 

Maybe even a championship.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Rivera and Fortson are still on the roster, why would they be on this list?

The list in the original post is a year old.  

This is the real list for this offseason (Csylvia79 revised the numbers further down the thread): 

Number TOTAL $4,644,196 Jon Fanene $2,566,667 Chad Ochocinco $1,583,334 Dan Koppen $175,000 Jabar Gaffnet $125,000 Spencer Larsen $125,000 Jeremy Ebert $36,150 Jeremiah Warren $12,000 Sergio Brown $9,711 Marcus Forston $6,667 Kyle Hix $3,000 Matt Roark $1,667 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

Ya, but the 22+ last year was.  (20% of the cap).  ugh   That extra 20M would have gone a long way in securing a talented backfield this year and last and next! 

Except, I'm not so sure that first list is really accurate since some of those guys ended up on the roster last year.  I do agree, however, that $20 million in dead money would be problematic. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

I believe that list is combining two years.  The money last year was 18+.  Still too steep.

Except, I'm not so sure that first list is really accurate since some of those guys ended up on the roster last year.  I do agree, however, that $20 million in dead money would be problematic. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

I still don't understand why Fortson (or now Ebert) is on this new list. The money is peanuts, but he's on the roster. Maybe because he was cut and resigned after clearing waivers? Did I answer my own question?

Also, why is a guy like Fanene who was cut in the preseason last year, still dead money this year? Wouldn't that have all been counted last year? I thought it was accelerated when a guy is cut. Or is it spread over the contract term ife he's cut after June 1? Maybe I answered my own question again...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

4m or so isn't Too bad. I would have thought they would have recouped the Fanaene money, and that could get added to the cap An extra 2.5 which is a decent amount. I think they count on the 2.5 being recouped at some point and that becomes the reserve they go into the season with in case they have to sign additional guys inseason.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I still don't understand why Fortson (or now Ebert) is on this new list. The money is peanuts, but he's on the roster. Maybe because he was cut and resigned after clearing waivers? Did I answer my own question?

Also, why is a guy like Fanene who was cut in the preseason last year, still dead money this year? Wouldn't that have all been counted last year? I thought it was accelerated when a guy is cut. Or is it spread over the contract term ife he's cut after June 1? Maybe I answered my own question again...

I think if you're cut after a certain date, the team has the option to move the dead money into the following season's cap.  I'm not sure exactly how it works, but I do know that the cap hit for some late preseason cuts can be carried forward into the following season.  

Not sure why Ebert and Fortson are dead money--maybe has something to do with their practice squad status at times during the year. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

I think if you're cut after a certain date, the team has the option to move the dead money into the following season's cap.  I'm not sure exactly how it works, but I do know that the cap hit for some late preseason cuts can be carried forward into the following season.  

Not sure why Ebert and Fortson are dead money--maybe has something to do with their practice squad status at times during the year. 

The dead money is from their original contract signing bonus and became 'dead' the minute they were cut. When they were resigned they did not get bonus money so while they are currently signed, the dead money is from the previous 'contract'.