Deaderick and Brace

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from e4smith. Show e4smith's posts

Deaderick and Brace

It looks like Deaderick is developing into the player we all thought Brace would be, and Brace is developing into a good 3rd down pass-rushing end (ala Jarvis Green before he became a starter).

If you forget who was drafted where, that's a pretty good use of a second and a seventh round pick.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Re: Deaderick and Brace

To get that kind of production from a seventh round pick is pretty good.  And despite the flak Brace gets, he has played pretty well when he is active on game day.  Brace still has some upside, and at worst, Deaderick will be a nice rotation player for the immediate future. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

is deaderick playiing the 2-gap style or just onegap exploding through the line of scrimmage- he seems pretty athletic for his size. anyone been watching his progress closely this season

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Brace is not a third down pass rusher. They're both run stuffers. If you watch the games they take those guys out on third down passing situations. Brace is made for that 4th and 1 play last week, not third and long plays.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In Response to Re: Deaderick and Brace:
    [QUOTE]Brace is not a third down pass rusher. They're both run stuffers. If you watch the games they take those guys out on third down passing situations. Brace is made for that 4th and 1 play last week, not third and long plays.
    Posted by Rockdog1293000[/QUOTE]

That was a mammoth play by Brace!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronf. Show ronf's posts

I like them both. Brace is now turning into a good run stuffer. Deadrick probably knew the NE system coming into camp having played for Nick Saban at Alabama. That had to help.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Deaderick appears to have good upside potential though currently he is a bit inconsistent (which is nothing unexpected from a young player).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from e4smith. Show e4smith's posts

Not that I have game film, but Brace is definitely a better pass-rusher than a run stopper. He's good at getting up-field, so when he does make a play in the run game, you notice it more than when a play runs right by him.

Deaderick seems to be playing more of the two-gap read and react role, while (from what I've seen) Brace is usually trying to out-man the guy across from him and get up-field. I don't think this is a knock on Brace; I just think that BB has realized he's not a two-gap, every down player in the 3-4. Utilize player strengths, minimize player weaknesses -- that's what he should do.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]To get that kind of production from a seventh round pick is pretty good.  Posted by CablesWyndBairn[/QUOTE]

In Bill We Trust.

Don't surprised if he keeps going back to Ala in the future for draft picks

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

Myron Pryor is the answer

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

I'm sorry but you're wrong. Brace is not a pass-rusher. He was drafted as a nose tackle! You compared him to Jarvis Green. Wrong. He's more Vince Wilfork style than Jarvis Green. Mike Wright is more of a Jarvis Green type.

A couple of questions:

Is Brace on the goal-line team? Yes
    Is he on the dime and nickel D sets (where they actually put their pass rushing D linemen Pryor and Wright in, not Deadrick or Brace)? NO. 

Perhaps you've watched a play or two where Brace pushed an o lineman back a few feet, but he's not a pass rusher. Saying Brace is more of a pass-rusher is actually an incredibly wrong statement.

[QUOTE]Not that I have game film, but Brace is definitely a better pass-rusher than a run stopper. He's good at getting up-field, so when he does make a play in the run game, you notice it more than when a play runs right by him. Deaderick seems to be playing more of the two-gap read and react role, while (from what I've seen) Brace is usually trying to out-man the guy across from him and get up-field. I don't think this is a knock on Brace; I just think that BB has realized he's not a two-gap, every down player in the 3-4. Utilize player strengths, minimize player weaknesses -- that's what he should do.
    Posted by e4smith[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Brace also has 0 sacks. Please tell me a play where he made an impact pass rush. I'll give you an impact run stop: 4th and one last week. He also played pretty stout against the Jets week two.

[QUOTE]Not that I have game film, but Brace is definitely a better pass-rusher than a run stopper. He's good at getting up-field, so when he does make a play in the run game, you notice it more than when a play runs right by him. Deaderick seems to be playing more of the two-gap read and react role, while (from what I've seen) Brace is usually trying to out-man the guy across from him and get up-field. I don't think this is a knock on Brace; I just think that BB has realized he's not a two-gap, every down player in the 3-4. Utilize player strengths, minimize player weaknesses -- that's what he should do.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I'll admit I haven't watched much of Brace this year. I did last year and he didn'r look like a pass rusher last year, in fact he looked like he was playing on roller skates the way he got steam rolled. He's in the 330 range, so it would surprise me if was was anything but a run defender at this point,  guys that weigh 330 don't usually get upfield and sack QB's very often. Hey maybe I'm wrong, but if he could do that he'd be a very rare special player and based off of last year, that does'nt come to mind.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from e4smith. Show e4smith's posts

You guys make me laugh. First of all, it's not that Brace can't hold up against the run, but struggles playing the two-gap. Stopping the run in a goal-line/short yardage situation requires a different skill-set than playing two-gap on first and second down.

Second of all, Brace has been in on third down plays -- not every one, but enough. Just because someone on this board says Brace never plays third down doesn't make it so. And if you payed attention you would know that he has. First downs have been predominantly Deaderick, Warren, and Wilfork, with Brace coming in on some second downs, and a heavy rotation of Wright (who's played awful this year), Pryor and Brace on third down.

Third, what's with everyone saying "Brace is 300 lbs, and can't be a pass rusher?" All that means is that he can't be an outside pass-rusher. I guess Haynesworth can't get after the quarterback either. Add Suh and Ngata to that list also.

If Brace can't rush the passer and never plays on important third down passing situations, can someone please explain this play to me?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Where are all the "talent experts" who were calling Brace a flop and wanting to see him cut last year?

Sections
Shortcuts