Deaderick Cut

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

Re: Deaderick Cut

In response to mthurl's comment:

Weird, all I can think of is that the guy was suspended his rookie season, hurt most of the next and now he's gone. Makes me wonder how much this guy was giving behind the scenes and what he was like from a character standpoint. I thought he was a better player than Love...better against the run and more powerfull...guess I was wrong. 

maybe not if the off field  (how much this guy was giving behind the scenes and what he was like from a character standpoint) is as you and i suspect (and i suspect is largely the reason for the cut)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

Oh no! It's another wasted draft pick. BB is horrible at drafting. The End is Near!

Deaderick was a 7th round pick, and was generally average-below average. Not a huge loss, even if he did play a lot of snaps last year.

Thank you and goodbye.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I thought BD played well last year. Reliable, versatile, low cost. Everything the Pats value. I would think he could be resigned for low money next year. 

I could see the Pats going bigger at DT, with Armstead sliding to DE in sub packages. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

I thought BD played well last year. Reliable, versatile, low cost. Everything the Pats value. I would think he could be resigned for low money next year. 

I could see the Pats going bigger at DT, with Armstead sliding to DE in sub packages. 

Yeah they could just keep Cherrington and put him in the middle. Dude weighs 346 lbs and is strong as a Missouri Mule. 36 reps 225 is strong!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

He never looked like he got in the back field to me.  I'm glad were upgrading the depth. This team has a chance to be really good. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

The guy was a dud, just like anyone not named Wilfork on the defensive interior the last few seasons. 

It's no loss. Whether they have someone better is the question.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stewart7557. Show stewart7557's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

The guy was a dud, just like anyone not named Wilfork on the defensive interior the last few seasons. 

It's no loss. Whether they have someone better is the question.

Like many others here I am hoping that Armstead provides something better than Deadrick This article below in todays's yahoo sports is a nice summary of his potential

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/does-armond-armstead-bring-england-patriots-defense-145200174.html

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

Hence the pats bringing in armstead, Kelley, etc.,,deaderick was reliable and unspectacular...we need more playmakers on the DL...deaderick wasn't one. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to DanishPastry's comment:

Oh no! It's another wasted draft pick. BB is horrible at drafting. The End is Near!

Deaderick was a 7th round pick, and was generally average-below average. Not a huge loss, even if he did play a lot of snaps last year.

Thank you and goodbye. 

Homer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

He had well known and written about professionalism issues.

Simple as that.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

Thank you and goodbye. 

Homer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes. Probably can't deny that.
    I'll readily admit that I'm biased to liking most all of the teams moves, and have a rather hard time being "objective" from time to time. Though the Welker situation really stretched my homerism to the max.

But I don't think anybody on this board is really objective about the team.  We all want them to win - and we want it badly. I think it's really hard to separate being a fan of the team from being an objective observer of football.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

There is no way that BB would have cut Deaderick this soon if he didn't like what he saw from one or more of Grissom, Vellano, and/or Cherington.  He must think that he found a guy or two in the un-drafted class that can be as good, or better than Deaderick.  Also, as previously mentioned, Armstead must be making a positive impression as well.  I'm all for cutting the dead-weight for a promising young player.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

There is no way that BB would have cut Deaderick this soon if he didn't like what he saw from one or more of Grissom, Vellano, and/or Cherington.  He must think that he found a guy or two in the un-drafted class that can be as good, or better than Deaderick.  Also, as previously mentioned, Armstead must be making a positive impression as well.  I'm all for cutting the dead-weight for a promising young player.

Of course BB would have if the player was talking back to BB. BB does that all the time, cut players, who don't give 100% effort or come in out of shape, or talk back to a coach. That was part of Deadricks MO. Frankly Deadrick wasn't providing much more then most JAG DT's we've seen over the years so there was no reason to keep him. Not sure that says anything about the new guys or not but I put this more on Deadrick the person then any of the new FA's showing a spark after 3 days of practice. Even BB wouldn't cut camp competition after seeing a player for only 3 practices unless it had nothing to ddo with on-field performance.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

RESPONSE: LOL!!! Yet another idiot homer rears his head from the sand. Deaderick was far from a "wasted pick". The guy contributed on the DL for a couple of years, before getting axed, in a move to cut salary and upgrade. That's that's a pretty fair return for a guy who was a late 7th round pick...but would be an unacceptable return for a second or third round pick. Heck...Deaderick gave the Pats far more production that did the 40th overall pick in the 2009 draft...alleged DT, Ron Brace. 

RESPONSE: Again...this is an acceptable return for a late 7th round pick...but not for a 2nd or 3rd rounder. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

RESPONSE: LOL!!! Yet another idiot homer rears his head from the sand. Deaderick was far from a "wasted pick". The guy contributed on the DL for a couple of years, before getting axed, in a move to cut salary and upgrade. That's that's a pretty fair return for a guy who was a late 7th round pick...but would be an unacceptable return for a second or third round pick. Heck...Deaderick gave the Pats far more production that did the 40th overall pick in the 2009 draft...alleged DT, Ron Brace. 

RESPONSE: Again...this is an acceptable return for a late 7th round pick...but not for a 2nd or 3rd rounder. 

Irony doesn't work well in writing, I guess. But try reading my first line in that perspective.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

does this give any possibility to the mallett for phil taylor rumor?

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

Love should be next. The 2 next to Vince were as useful to Vince as tats on a bull.

Sometimes the ole' man gets it right....and it has nothing to do with his recent diabetes condition....

Sections
Shortcuts