Deaderick Suspension Lifted

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Re: Deaderick Suspension Lifted

It's funny how principles tend to take a back seat to desperation . . .   isn't it?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Pmike, this is professional sports so I long threw out principles. It's a bottom-line business and the bottom line is winning.

In all fairness, I think the Patriots are pretty fair in managing their principles and without knowing what Brandon really did, let's not jump to conclusions. There's only so many good character, yet talented guys you can bring in.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In Response to Re: Deaderick Suspension Lifted:
    [QUOTE]It's funny how principles tend to take a back seat to desperation . . .   isn't it?
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

Yup, LOL...exactly what I was thinking!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

Nice....now if the cops don't show up and haul him away, we've got a healthy D-lineman for awhile....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

For all we know Deaderick might have gone into Bill's office and begged for forgiveness and one more chance and Bill gave it to him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

What if they knew they were going to put Mike on IR the whole time, and just wanted to make a point to Deaderick to step it up and be a Pro????????

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]What if they knew they were going to put Mike on IR the whole time, and just wanted to make a point to Deaderick to step it up and be a Pro????????
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

Could be, but if that were the case, I think they would have lifted the suspension the day before putting Wright on IR.

In the end, it doesn't matter. The Pats had to make this move, and they put pride aside and made it. As BB often says, "We'll do what's best for the team to put us in position to win."

But Deaderick knows with certainty that if he doesn't perform, his NE career will be shortlived. So he better not come in with a, "You guys NEED me" attitude.

(Even if it's true)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

I thought I had heard it was disciplinary for being late to meetings.  (I guess he needs to watch that Lombardi documentary.....it's a must see by the way....and set his watch to LOMBARDI TIME.)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

I believe this is called: Doing what is best for the team.  Honestly, it's difficult to suspect that there are any negative personnel conflicts with this lot.  Any player who doesn't have their eyes on the prize play-by-play/game-by-game is a fool.  It took years to get that opportuinity to compete, again.  This team knows that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

To accomodate Deaderick's removal from the suspended list, the Pats has to make another roster move on Monday, according to Shalise Manza Young. I wonder if it will be Ellison or Murrell?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

I'm relieved. They needed a run stuffer after Brace went to IR. This guy played very well against the Ravens, and if he plays up to that level this postseason he'll be a factor. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

We still don't know what this kid did to get suspended - late for team meetings?- maybe.  Don't forget, he's a rookie.  Still room for improvement in his game, attitude and dedication to the team.  If not, oh well.  He was what, a seventh round pick?  He did contribute atleast up until the Lions game.  I'm still he can contribute in the playoffs.  If he didn't learn his lesson, dump him - after the playoffs.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Deaderick Suspension Lifted : Could be, but if that were the case, I think they would have lifted the suspension the day before putting Wright on IR. In the end, it doesn't matter. The Pats had to make this move, and they put pride aside and made it. As BB often says, "We'll do what's best for the team to put us in position to win." But Deaderick knows with certainty that if he doesn't perform, his NE career will be shortlived. So he better not come in with a, "You guys NEED me" attitude. (Even if it's true)
    Posted by NY-PATS-FAN4[/QUOTE]

I suppose my guess is as good as your's.  Obviously something is going on, but let's not assume here either.  What em I even saying.... who cares.  We just got a lineman back that we desperately needed. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

at least we get some depth back. but i'm not too happy to find out he was sluffing meetings and such. maybe BB will cut him some slack for next year, maybe not

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

This kid needs to smarten up. He almost went undrafted, and now he plays a game for a living and has a shot at winning a Super Bowl.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from l52094. Show l52094's posts

I'm happy he's back.  I'm a 'Bama fan and have been rooting for Deaderick to do well.  Hopefully he gets his act together.  I think the Pats handled this well if his issue was being late or something similar.  Pats need the depth on the DL. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I'm just glad we don't have to depend on Love holding the line on the strong side, I haven't been real confident that he can do it at a high level yet. When you sign guys off the street and put one of your best D lineman on IR before the biggest game of the year...Deadric was the only thing they could do. I'm glad we got back Pryor too; he's a guy that can put pressure on the QB.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

[QUOTE]To accomodate Deaderick's removal from the suspended list, the Pats has to make another roster move on Monday, according to Shalise Manza Young. I wonder if it will be Ellison or Murrell?
    Posted by nomadfan[/QUOTE]
    Save Murrell, the former Jet linebacker, if the Jets win Saturday.  Save Ellison, the recent Chief defensive lineman, if the Chiefs manage to break through or if the Pats are weaker at DL than I think they are.  These guys act as part signal stoolies and team tendency reporters.  I'm not saying these guys are getting played, but the term "casting couch" comes to mind. 

They can play, too, sorta, maybe not, and BB will keep them if he finds out they have anything at all.  You need a credible threat of long-term employment to make the next ten stoolies spill it out for you, so it's a bit of a two way street.  Not much, actually. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from e4smith. Show e4smith's posts

Honestly, I'm not sure this all wasn't  just a creative way to make an extra roster spot for a few days while BB was figuring out who to bring in and keep to fill injury holes.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Dreaderick, when healthy, could have been the second best 3 down lineman Ne has. I really, really, hope he is committed, because from watching him ... he seems to have the talent.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

Even if it's only "late for meetings" this is his last chance in NE.  Remember the Gang of 4?   All gone.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichickforPresident. Show BelichickforPresident's posts

[QUOTE]It's funny how principles tend to take a back seat to desperation . . .   isn't it?
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]
    Were the Eagles desperate when they signed Vick? 
    As long as Deaderick didn't killl any dogs or break any laws you and I have to abide by, and he isn't showing character traits detrimental to THE TEAM, doesn't he deserve a second chance?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]We still don't know what this kid did to get suspended - late for team meetings?- maybe.  Don't forget, he's a rookie.  Still room for improvement in his game, attitude and dedication to the team.  If not, oh well.  He was what, a seventh round pick?  He did contribute atleast up until the Lions game.  I'm still he can contribute in the playoffs.  If he didn't learn his lesson, dump him - after the playoffs.  
    Posted by Salcon[/QUOTE]
    missed meetings was the start of Adalius Thomas' downfall too. Like u said, we don't know much about what actually happened; but is it safe to say he did enough so that the coaching staff felt a temporary suspension was in order?

and like other's said, business ethics.....psshaw - bring him back when we need him cuz it's about winning....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]Dreaderick, when healthy, could have been the second best 3 down lineman Ne has. I really, really, hope he is committed, because from watching him ... he seems to have the talent.
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

I think I agree, the sad part is it says a bit about our line right now. Deadric has shown some power and has looked like an all around player on occasions this year, all the way back to preseason. I hope he brings it this week at practice and is ready to go...all the rookies we have playing vital rolls for the playoffs worries me a bit.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

I think it depends on the principle.  AND I don't like the tenor of your post.  The Patriots discipline players to get players that are disciplined.  Meaning NOT the Ravens.  Ultimately the idea of any team is to win, and to punish the entire team for knucklehead's inability to make mandatory meetings would be unfair.  So, they will get him to play, and either all will be forgiven or they will do him up next year.  There are at least 53 (really many more) guys who's season kind of depends on who plays next 3 games.  If taking him off suspension gets them a Lombardi, fine.  He learned, or he didn't.