Brandon Flowers?

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

Re: Deal for Dwayne Bowe NOW!!!

In response to ricky12684's comment:

In response to maine12's comment:

Like I said I would much rather see the Pats go after Brandon Flowers who is a very good man to man cover corner. You would think that they may take Ras-I and a 3rd for Flowers considering the Chiefs are winning no super bowls in the next 5 years under Brady Quinn. Flowers is one of the most under rated corners in the NFL.

a guy who has spent his first 2 seasons on IR and a 3rd for a 26 year old pro bowl caliber CB???? do you really think KC expects to leave brady quinn at QB for the next 5 years?

I would definitely give up a 1st for Haden. In a heartbeat, maybe more.

Just my opinion.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

This is not Fantasy Football.

There's a reason why so many Big FA's don't pan out/ big trades don't happen.

1. This team would probably need to transform the offense again to get Bowe some looks. This late into the season, probably not worth the trouble.

2. Contract. You don't win games investing in just skill position players. Big money to Gronk, Hernandez and Bowe? Putting that much money into ball catchers is something Detroit would do.

3. Receivers weren't the problem in the Super Bowl. Not a single three and out in the Super Bowl was the biggest problem. No three outs=less possession time. Also, it was the oline getting hammered in Super Bowl 42.

There are major deficiencies in the defensive backfield, linebackers are pretty bad in pass coverage, need another pass rusher, Oline needs more depth.

WR is the least of the problems. You trade a pick for Bowe, you lose that pick that could be addressed for a need. You sign Bowe to a big contract, you lose even more depth

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to HOTBLITZ's comment:

Like I said I would much rather see the Pats go after Brandon Flowers who is a very good man to man cover corner. You would think that they may take Ras-I and a 3rd for Flowers considering the Chiefs are winning no super bowls in the next 5 years under Brady Quinn. Flowers is one of the most under rated corners in the NFL.

a guy who has spent his first 2 seasons on IR and a 3rd for a 26 year old pro bowl caliber CB???? do you really think KC expects to leave brady quinn at QB for the next 5 years?

I would definitely give up a 1st for Haden. In a heartbeat, maybe more.

Just my opinion.

No way Browns would ever give up Haden for just a first rounder. Especially from the Pats, considering it'll be a late one.

Kid is only 23 and is already considered one of the best in the league.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Yes we need more offense. Great call.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

Yes we need more offense. Great call.

man, you're on a streak. hope you're okay.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[/QUOTE]

finnegan was available last year but bb was too smart for that.

[/QUOTE]

Finnegan was shuttled off to St. Louis and his old coach Jeff fisher, who he is real tight with, and was slightly overpaid and locked up like day 1 of free agency. Can't really see how we missed on that. It isn't like Dashon Golsdon who we had in for a freaking visit and couldn't come to terms with over like 1-2 million, that was SHAMEFUL.

And BB should have gone after Asomugha last year as well, even though McCourty was a pro Bowler and Bodden was returning. Bodden was never going to be anything more than a good #2 CB, even if he could recover all the way from injury, so a GM building a SB champion would smartly cut Bodden in March before his bonus $ is due, spend twice as much on twice the CB (Nnamdi) and at the same time take the pressure off McCourty to be the next Ty Law.

but even if he didn't do that, there not being a parade in Boston last season really comes down to Belichick blowing the Ras-I pick (which proves he DID want another CB in the mix) instead of taking Ayers or Reed... and then not getting Goldson locked up or keeping James Sanders on board. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

In response to HOTBLITZ's comment:

Umm, maybe Joe Haden?

Brandon Flowers?

flowers is 26 and signed until 2016. haden is 23 and is signed until 2014. NE would have zero leverage in a trade and would have to pay top value to get them. so are you willing to give up a 1st rounder and more to get one of these guys?

For Haden... yes!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

I think an elite safety would serve them well as a CB at this point. The ost damaging plays have come from safety breakdowns as CB breakdowns.

Any of those availible?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

No I really don't because if you had any bit of a brain you would realize I wrote this before any article about Ras-I on the IR came out. The Quinn comment was made because they will obviously have to draft a qb in one of th next two years. And since it takes a QB at least 5years to develope into a top QB that would mean they won't win a championship for atleast 5 years.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Last I checked receiver isnt the problem.  Its like they have so many toys on offense Josh is having a hard time deciding what to do with them all so why add another?

CB is the primary need here.  Lets go after that!!

Agree!  They need that shut down CB that'll stop short 4th qtr comebacks.  Kraft has to open his pocketbook for one of those.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

Haha Tom Brady is your only example. RGIII is not in contention for a superbowl or an MVP. Maybe rookie of they year and thats it. You call my idea of a trade idiotic? You want to trade a 2nd and Fells for Bowe and Elam? Beause they may want a blocking TE because they like to run the ball. I was just throwing my idea out there because Ras-I was young and they recieve a draft pick as well. Looked at a crappy team that would be in the cellar for a couple more years and thought they might be interested in trading a CB. So I threw an idea out there.

You obviously put thought into your idea, because you started this idiotic post! haha and you came up with Fells and a 2nd for Bowe and Elam. The Pats dont need a WR, are they going to line up with no RB?? Heres our formation Bowe, Welker, Herny, Gronk, and Lloyd. Oh yeah and we have to sign Bowe for about a 5 year 60 million contract. Then what be strapped for the next 5 years? This offense has enough talent, it hasn't clicked yet this year but why panic. Oh and then look at the Chiefs, do you really think they want a 30 year old blocking TE when they already have 22 year old Steve Maneri who is considered a blocking TE already? Haha NO. Not to mention starting TE Moeaki is already a decent all around TE that is much better and younger than Fells. 

The fact is there is no offensive player the Pats should trade for and really no options for defense. This is the team we have and there is no need to trade. Let the young players develope and the offense hopefully starts to click.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to LittleTimmy31's comment:

If anything, the Pats D needs some serious retooling, not the Offense

Although the OP has a point on RB,  the run is inconsistent right now. Don't ask me how this can happen but I do understand this thread.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Last I checked receiver isnt the problem.  Its like they have so many toys on offense Josh is having a hard time deciding what to do with them all so why add another?

Agree!  They need that shut down CB that'll stop short 4th qtr comebacks.  Kraft has tp open his pocketbook for one of those.

We all know they need a CB, but there is none. No need to get Bowe either just because we cant get a cover CB.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Agree!  They need that shut down CB that'll stop short 4th qtr comebacks.  Kraft has tp open his pocketbook for one of those.

We all know they need a CB, but there is none. No need to get Bowe either just because we cant get a cover CB.

With his team as it stands now the priority is the defense and CB would be the best . The RB is just a tweak compared to the major repair a very good CB can do.

Then again this is just talk , opinions . How they can do this .... I haven't thought it through. If only one of these opportunities arises I'de take either or in a heartbeat. 

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Agree!  They need that shut down CB that'll stop short 4th qtr comebacks.  Kraft has to open his pocketbook for one of those.

problem is kraft has notign toi do with it, its bb and hes been stubborn to do anyhing (successful) at postions that have performed poorly for years

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

actaully a legit #1 outside wr woudl make it impossible for any team to do what the jets did jam the short and middle field (resulting in stalling josh's offense repeatedly)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

With his team as it stands now the priority is the defense and CB would be the best . The RB is just a tweak compared to the major repair a very good CB can do.

Then again this is just talk , opinions . How they can do this .... I haven't thought it through. If only one of these opportunities arises I'de take either or in a heartbeat. 

we dotn need a rb. good and timely playcalling, committment to teh run and with rythm will help the running game greeatly. to improve teh run with personnel, we'd need better run blocking lineman (were not terrible there, but with a beast c and rt guard that woiuld make the run more dominating.

Sections
Shortcuts