Dean Pees factor needs to be revisited

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clay73. Show Clay73's posts

Dean Pees factor needs to be revisited

Dean was let go by the Patriots several years ago.  I thought as our Defensive Coorinator he could have been a little more agressive with the Defense.  Dean lands in Baltimore and brings his Defense into Foxboro and he is going to the SB and we are not. So now I have to ask myself, did he just not have good enough players in NE which was out of his control and now with this Baltimore group he has the players he really needed all along?  Interesting. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Re: Dean Pees factor needs to be revisited

I thought when that happened that it would be a problem.  The ravens record against the Pats improved significantly since then.

Here's a comment from BRU from earlier in the week.

Tedy   (11:09 AM)

Michael, not enough is said about what Ravens defensive coordinator Dean Pees did in this game. He took away the inside passing game and made Brady beat him outside the numbers and deep. Deep throws to Welker outside the numbers. Brandon Lloyd -- outside passing game. He used his linebackers to take away inside breaking routes. Bernard Pollard was also a part of that. When they tried to implement the hurry-up running game, he threw double-edge pressure on them. Dean Pees was the former Patriots defensive coordinator and he knew what to do against his former team. He had the players to implement the game-plan.

BB tends to have problems with coaches that know his tendencies.

Mc D beat him in Denver, Coughlin beat him several times and now Balt.

Of course you have to have the horses to do it.

May be time to change tendencies or get better horses.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

Great point! 

Scary part is BB appears to be too thick headed when it comes to certain changes...if he doesnt learn to adopt im sorry to say but we will keep running similar senarios...ie. Giants Ravens 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

I'll have to  agree with Rusty here. Peas does S*ck! He ruined a Sb for us with his stupid sell out blitzes. He never knew went to blitz here and called all out blitzes mainly due to our lack of pass rush. We had noone to rush. He goes to Bmore and has atleast 2 legit pass rushers if not 3 and they hardly blitz at all. Ray runs that defense along with Reed. Dont kid yourselves.

Watch how much they S*ck next year if Reed and Lewis retire

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clay73. Show Clay73's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

I think this is totally over-analyzed. Pees sucks.  He's always sucked. All he did was know Brady wants to target the mid field routes. It's no secret. It's up to Brady to go through his progressions and hit other people other than the ones running slants or 5-10 yard routes in and out of the hashes. 

It should be interesting to see how Balt does with a full week off, after they were running on all that adrenaline with Ray-Ray feeding off it, with that channeling down to the rest of the team.

Funny that on the way through Denver and then through Foxborough, Dean's Defense gets the wins and he is on his way to New Orleans and we and Denver are not.  He must have known a wee bit about Peyton as well.  And these wins were on the road. I used to think that he wasn't that good also but I think he may have just proved me wrong.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

Whether Pees is good or not...still.doesnt change the fact that our game plan.sucked!  As for defense as soon as Balt exploited loss of Talib..

We were toast!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clay73. Show Clay73's posts

In response to user_4413295's comment:

Whether Pees is good or not...still.doesnt change the fact that our game plan.sucked!  As for defense as soon as Balt exploited loss of Talib..

We were toast!

If you take away any team's top CB, it would be a problem.   We were toast, down 14-13 and panicking into a shotgun spread which is what any D that plays us, wants.

Every time our offense panics thinking the best way out of a close game is a shotgun spread scenario is when the opponent's D smiles and only has to defend that, exclusively.

I am still wondering why we didn't see more of Vereen.  He is a matchup nightmare with pretty darn good hands.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I dont think Pees did anything special. He followed script same as the Cards, Seahawks, Ravens and San Fran did in the reg season. I thought the Pats coaches anticipated that type of defense, but the players simply did not execute well enough.

Solid game plan by the Pats coaches...poor game management by the Pats coaches...poor execution by the players

Would it have been a different outcome if the Pats took a shot with Lloyd down field twice, targeted Fells/Huma twice? I thought the draw play was available on Krugers side all game. I also thought the RB screen was available all game...granted, Vereen dropped one screen pass, but at least make the Ravens cover to open things up for the offense a bit..

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to user_4413295's comment:

We were toast!

If you take away any team's top CB, it would be a problem.   We were toast, down 14-13 and panicking into a shotgun spread which is what any D that plays us, wants.

Every time our offense panics thinking the best way out of a close game is a shotgun spread scenario is when the opponent's D smiles and only has to defend that, exclusively.

The Ravens have been playing without their top CB since week 6. Going into the game I remember reading how without Webb they would not be able to slow down the Patriots passing attack, but they did it by putting players in the right position.

You do realize that the Ravens offense beat the Patriots by lining up in a spread shotgun hurry up offense. If it is so easy to stop why couldn't the Patriots stop it?

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

I thought when that happened that it would be a problem.  The ravens record against the Pats improved significantly since then.

Michael, not enough is said about what Ravens defensive coordinator Dean Pees did in this game. He took away the inside passing game and made Brady beat him outside the numbers and deep. Deep throws to Welker outside the numbers. Brandon Lloyd -- outside passing game. He used his linebackers to take away inside breaking routes. Bernard Pollard was also a part of that. When they tried to implement the hurry-up running game, he threw double-edge pressure on them. Dean Pees was the former Patriots defensive coordinator and he knew what to do against his former team. He had the players to implement the game-plan.

After a lot of what the game plan was on defense the last sentence says it all.  That game plan was pretty busy too.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

Pats should have been prepared for that. It was obvious they were going to do that. That's what they did against Denver. They excel at it. And it also addresses the Pats' tendencies with Gronk, Welker, etc.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I think it's for the most part almost always about the players. You take away Brady and McDanials is still the guy that will ruin your franchise - you add Brady and he looks like a genius and people want to hire him again.

Pees has better players to work with now, it's pretty simple.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clay73. Show Clay73's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I think it's for the most part almost always about the players. You take away Brady and McDanials is still the guy that will ruin your franchise - you add Brady and he looks like a genius and people want to hire him again.

Pees has better players to work with now, it's pretty simple.

If Dean has a game plan to stop San Francisco then I think we have to think that Dean is better than some of us have been thinking, myself included.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

We were toast, down 14-13 and panicking into a shotgun spread which is what any D that plays us, wants.

If only you were on the sideline to clue poor BB in on what was the solution junior. Then we would have won!

Sections
Shortcuts