DeAndre Hopkins....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

DeAndre Hopkins....

i will say it again and again Deandre Hopkins was the WR we needed to grab in the draft. honestly best WR in this class over PAtterson or Austin

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Re: DeAndre Hopkins....

After only week 2? C'mon man!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

WR was the Pats biggest need and he drafted a linebacker with the Pats 1st pick.

Did Collins even play Thursday? If he did he didn't have any tackles.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

texans have two/three rookie WRs who dont drop balls or 'need time to jell' DeAndre was a pro ready guy who could easily jumped into our system and HES A BEAST A BEAST

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to FrankDooley's comment:

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to digger0862's comment:

[QUOTE]

texans have two/three rookie WRs who dont drop balls or 'need time to jell' DeAndre was a pro ready guy who could easily jumped into our system and HES A BEAST A BEAST

[/QUOTE]

I liked him, but they also don't run their offense like we do here.  He's also sustained an early concussion which is not good.

Another one, and it's goodnight Irene.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000231254/article/deandre-hopkins-suffers-concussion-texans-confirm

[/QUOTE]

understandable but thats a risk i would take. I understand we dont run the same offenses but DeAndre had to learn a whole different scheme from spread at Clemson to pro style in Houston so i think he can learn an offesne very well. Deandre has great instincts and skills all around best WR we could've had

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

i will say it again and again Deandre Hopkins was the WR we needed to grab in the draft. honestly best WR in this class over PAtterson or Austin

Hopkins was #27, Dobson was #56.

You should at least offer a comparable selection, because Hopkins was gone before NE selected. For all you know, they might have taken him if he were still on the board.

Now, Patterson was still there. The guy Ne drafted instedad of him were Jamie Collins and Logan Ryan, who have only played a scant few snaps between them.

The WRs on the board when Dobson was picked were people like Terrence Williams, et al. 

For the record, Patterson has produced exactly as many Tds as Dobson has in two games, even though Dobson's played one, AND Patterson's TD was a KR TD, not an offensive contribution. 

Dobson had a really rough go of it in between the big 3rd down catch and the TD catch ... but then Patterson isn't on a team filled with rookies where he has to catch the ball and be a main option. 

I have no problem with the selections, but the overall handling ofthe roster that's hung them up like a rug to get beaten while they are just rookies. 

You simply can't assume anyone would trade with NE, so you can't assume they would ahve even had a chance at Hopkins. And yeah, Hopkins looks legit. He's already got 200 yards and TD, but again ... he has Johnson, Daniels, et al to take the pressure off. 

Dobson has a special teams player/back-up slot. And some other rookies. And a utility-knife HBACK/TE. 

Apples and bananas at this point. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

What makes you think he would fit our system? We run a complex offense, the most complex in the NFL. It's not something any rookie, and most vets, would pick up easily. What makes you think Hopkins could? Cause he picked up Houston's playbook?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

[QUOTE]

You should at least offer a comparable selection, because Hopkins was gone before NE selected. For all you know, they might have taken him if he were still on the board.

Now, Patterson was still there. The guy Ne drafted instedad of him were Jamie Collins and Logan Ryan, who have only played a scant few snaps between them.

The WRs on the board when Dobson was picked were people like Terrence Williams, et al. 

For the record, Patterson has produced exactly as many Tds as Dobson has in two games, even though Dobson's played one, AND Patterson's TD was a KR TD, not an offensive contribution. 

Dobson had a really rough go of it in between the big 3rd down catch and the TD catch ... but then Patterson isn't on a team filled with rookies where he has to catch the ball and be a main option. 

I have no problem with the selections, but the overall handling ofthe roster that's hung them up like a rug to get beaten while they are just rookies. 

You simply can't assume anyone would trade with NE, so you can't assume they would ahve even had a chance at Hopkins. And yeah, Hopkins looks legit. He's already got 200 yards and TD, but again ... he has Johnson, Daniels, et al to take the pressure off. 

Dobson has a special teams player/back-up slot. And some other rookies. And a utility-knife HBACK/TE. 

[/QUOTE]

as if trading up one pick was hard enough.... we decided to trade down and take lessser talents and develop them.. and today andre was hurt and off the field when DeAndre did most of his damage. so he thrived as the first option.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah if they handn't traded down for extra draft picks (How's that working out so far?) you'd be right.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Z's point was Hopkins was taken n before the pats picked. Houston picked before the pats a d took Hopkins. If the pats traded up, yes, they could have nabbed him. Between Patterson and Dobson, I would take Dobson. He has a tough time of it, but the talent is there. Z's point about having better vets to take the pressure off is a valid one.

danny is out until? Vereen same. The best chance we have short term is to get Gronk back. Even with Gronk back we are vastly improved and should help the rooks.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrtm70. Show mrtm70's posts

And what part of...THIS was Dobsin's first NFL game, on 0 practicing of any game plan against the Jets don't you get!  Get Fing REAL!!!

He's a rookie & like most rookies, had first game jitters/nerves.  He had 0 time all week to get in sync with TB (as well as any of the other rookie WRs) because of the short 4 days between the Bills game & the Jets!  They only did walk through practices.  ALL the other rookie WRs (outside of any Jets rookie WRs, if they had any playing) had the regular weekly practices to PRACTICE to get in sync with thier respective QB.  THEN, you add on, the DEMAND that you are fully aware of from TB and on top of that you fellow fans WITH unrealistic expectations from GAME 2 with again a short week & like Dobson, his first game...you guys are pathetic!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

as if trading up one pick was hard enough.... we decided to trade down and take lessser talents and develop them.. and today andre was hurt and off the field when DeAndre did most of his damage. so he thrived as the first option.

[/QUOTE]

You are missing the point. Texas obviously wanted Deandre Hopkins. You are just assuming they would trade with NE. I'm not doubting Deandre Hokins as a player, just the assertion that NE could have had him no questions asked. 

They couldn't have. 

I thought NE would have been dynamite with Julio Jones a couple years back. It doesn't mean he was a viable option. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You are missing the point. Texas obviously wanted Deandre Hopkins. You are just assuming they would trade with NE. I'm not doubting Deandre Hokins as a player, just the assertion that NE could have had him no questions asked. 

They couldn't have. 

I thought NE would have been dynamite with Julio Jones a couple years back. It doesn't mean he was a viable option. 

[/QUOTE]

minnesota had a pick before and after Houston. We traded the pick before with them. We couldve swap the 23 and 28 picks with them and still worked out a sort of package deal, we couldve got DeAndre

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They couldn't have. 

[/QUOTE]

minnesota had a pick before and after Houston. We traded the pick before with them. We couldve swap the 23 and 28 picks with them and still worked out a sort of package deal, we couldve got DeAndre

[/QUOTE]

That is just wrong, you don't know that. Like Z said about Houston, Obviously Minnesota had there eyes on people the wanted to get and probably wouldn't have traded those picks.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

i repeat

Dobson has, speed, size and hands

Last yr st Marshall he had 0 dtops 

yes he has dropped 50% so far

He may still be the steal of the draft

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land