Deangello Williams or Jonathan Stewart

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

Deangello Williams or Jonathan Stewart

First: 4/20/2009
    Last: 10/3/2010
    Anybody listen to NFL on Syrius / XM radio? Pat Kerwin suggested the Panthers trade Deangello Williams or J Stewart for draft choices . We have them   could a # 2 get one of these guys next week?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hinkle. Show hinkle's posts

Re: Deangello Williams or Jonathan Stewart

wheres pacman jones at ?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

No way Carolina would trade Stewart. They have him locked down for 3 more season, I believe =l... and Williams is a FA after this season. He'll want a payday that I'd rather not give up. It would be easier if the Pats just drafted a RB they felt would fit their offensive schemes. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

I think they would want more than a #2.  I would prefer Stewart, but he would be much more costly to pry away.  Williams being a FA after the season has drawbacks unless we also extend him as part of the deal.  Even then we will have to pay a premium for him, prob 7-8 /yr in an extension.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb35. Show isurfvb35's posts

deangelo william is going to end up one of the higher paid running backs in the league, with marc ingram,kevin williams,evan royster,daniel thomas, shane verreen, and demarco murry there are prob cheaper and potentially better running backs in the draft......

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Some good points going on in this thread. Running backs in my opinion can be found anywhere, don't get me wrong I'm talking about serviceable backs, not Hall of Fame worthy types. Deangelo seams a bit small to be running the ball around here, when it gets real cold and the ball is hard to hold on to, but honestly I've never really seen the guy play. Stewart is bigger, younger and probably someone they have no intention of trading, so I think you are looking at Deangelo and I wouldn't give up much more than a third for him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Williams has a lot of mileage.  That was the concern on him coming out of college, that and his size.  He could be a good pickup ala Dillon, just don't expect more than a couple of productive seasons.  He's not a power back like Dillon, but is tough and fast.  I can't see them dealing Stewart though.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brendon-Patrick. Show Brendon-Patrick's posts

DeAngelo pleeeeeeeeease! I also like Allen Bradford coming out of USC. He looks like he'd be a perfect player to play alongside BenJarvus Green-Ellis and Danny Woodhead next year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Mary ann over Ginger

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

we're better off with what we got. those guys are sucking right now

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=0&statisticCategory=RUSHING&conference=null&season=2010&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=RUSHING_YARDS&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-n=1

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Have you seen these guys play? both guys are starting caliber RBs.
    DeAngelo Williams in particular is a beast, lots of wear and tear? are you for real?
    He is in his fifth year and he is yet to record a 300 carry season.

The most carries he has had was back in 2008 where he had 273 carries for 1515 yards for a grand spanking 5.5 yards per carry avg. If you don't count this year, where he has so far had 43 carries, DeAngelo Williams has had 754 carries in 4 years, a measly 188.5 carries per year. There is no wear and tear on this guy from carrying the rock to much, I can say that with certainty.

We could pry him away from the Panthers for most likely a 2nd rounder. Only thing is, would we be willing to give him 7-8 million per season?
    for a guy who has only 4 fumbles in 4 and a quarter seasons and averages over 5 yards a carry for his career, I think D. Williams would be a godly pick up. Seeing as all our backs are gone after this season, getting a stud like Williams would be an enormous addition to an already explosive offense.

You can say they are struggling this year but look at their QB and WR situations, these guys face 8 men in the box on almost every play. Put him in a system like ours where Moss forces the safety to play deep and Welker keeps the linebackers on their toes, D. williams would be a force.

I would rather get a proven commodity then draft a rookie in the second round or waste a high first rounder on a guy like Ingram.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

A second rounder for Williams would be a bargain, IMO. He would be so productive here. In Carolina, he faces stacked boxes every game because they lack a real QB and a receiving threat outside Steve Smith.

Bring him here and watch him rack up the yards and TD's. Williams is one of the best red zone backs in the league, he would make our red zone offense that much better.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I would much rather have Stewart. I love The Daily Show, he's one funny mofo fosho.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Re: Deangello Williams or Jonathan Stewart:
    [QUOTE]Have you seen these guys play? both guys are starting caliber RBs. DeAngelo Williams in particular is a beast, lots of wear and tear? are you for real? He is in his fifth year and he is yet to record a 300 carry season. The most carries he has had was back in 2008 where he had 273 carries for 1515 yards for a grand spanking 5.5 yards per carry avg. If you don't count this year, where he has so far had 43 carries, DeAngelo Williams has had 754 carries in 4 years, a measly 188.5 carries per year. There is no wear and tear on this guy from carrying the rock to much, I can say that with certainty. We could pry him away from the Panthers for most likely a 2nd rounder. Only thing is, would we be willing to give him 7-8 million per season? for a guy who has only 4 fumbles in 4 and a quarter seasons and averages over 5 yards a carry for his career, I think D. Williams would be a godly pick up. Seeing as all our backs are gone after this season, getting a stud like Williams would be an enormous addition to an already explosive offense. You can say they are struggling this year but look at their QB and WR situations, these guys face 8 men in the box on almost every play. Put him in a system like ours where Moss forces the safety to play deep and Welker keeps the linebackers on their toes, D. williams would be a force. I would rather get a proven commodity then draft a rookie in the second round or waste a high first rounder on a guy like Ingram.
    Posted by GadisRKO[/QUOTE]

Didn't realize he was as good as you say he is, how old is he? It's funny, but if Carolina was as good as they were a few years ago, you'd probably hear more about this guy.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]Have you seen these guys play? both guys are starting caliber RBs. DeAngelo Williams in particular is a beast, lots of wear and tear? are you for real? He is in his fifth year and he is yet to record a 300 carry season. The most carries he has had was back in 2008 where he had 273 carries for 1515 yards for a grand spanking 5.5 yards per carry avg. If you don't count this year, where he has so far had 43 carries, DeAngelo Williams has had 754 carries in 4 years, a measly 188.5 carries per year. There is no wear and tear on this guy from carrying the rock to much, I can say that with certainty.
    Posted by GadisRKO[/QUOTE]

I've watched both of them plenty.  Williams had almost 1,000 carries in college.  That was a concern for several teams when he was drafted.  He was the entire offense for Memphis and there was concern about overuse, i.e., would it affect his longevity in the NFL.  I think he's a great back, but I would not want to commit big dollars to him and he's going to want a big contract, there's no doubt about that.  That said, if they could deal for him now, I'm all for it.  There probably won't be football next year, so I'm for anything that can help them win now. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Everyone on this board should be praying Williams isnt tagged. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Deangello Williams or Jonathan Stewart : Didn't realize he was as good as you say he is, how old is he? It's funny, but if Carolina was as good as they were a few years ago, you'd probably hear more about this guy.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

He is 27, but at under 800 carries for his NFL career, he could go for another 3-4 years without much issue. I know that 30 is when most backs decline but he hasn't had a giant load to carry in his career. He hasn't been exposed to multiple 300+ carry season that other workhorse backs have.

Only thing about him is would we be willing to pay him what he deserves to be paid? Last thing I would want to see is us choosing between keeping Moss or signing Williams.

Speculation is fun and all but in reality I don't think Carolina would give either guy up. Stewart has nagging injuries, if he were to go down, they would have Williams but if they trade him like proposed here, they would be relying on Moore/Clausen and Steve Smith for all their offense. As in, they won't let that happen. Their two headed monster is the only thing that drives their offense, I would be surprised if they were to deal someone like Williams. You can forget about getting Stewart, he has I believe three years left and comes very cheap, not to mention he is 23.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Deangello Williams or Jonathan Stewart : Do your stats tell you they stack the line on every play because the QB's were Matt Moore and Clausen? D Williams is a beast. You probably wouldn't want Maurice Jone Drew on the Pats because his stats aren't good right now. Please.
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]

you're kidding me right. these guys aren't living up to the hype. although williams didn't have to shabby a day today:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010100306/2010/REG4/panthers@saints

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

our #1 need is a tie between stud OLB and CB !

Do not want to give up our 1st or 2nd rounds for any other position.

BJGE and Woodhead look good. Lets evaluate the running back need after tomorrow..

Sections
Shortcuts