Deangelo Hall Released!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Deangelo Hall Released!

Another Cb in the market

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000149345/article/deangelo-hall-reportedly-cut-by-washington-redskins

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: Deangelo Hall Released!

Asante Samuel with tackling ability. Sooo, no thanks!

I remember him being available a few years back and I was thinking then, maybe BB can bring him here and he will play discipline, come cheap,etc and then he sigend a big deal with Oakland. His 1st week he was BURNT by rookie Royal in Denver! I wanna say like 14 catches he gave up and it continued until he was cut. He did better going to D.C. but still gambles and gets beat now more than he makes plays. His Ego has always been bigger than his play and if I thought he would play the right way I would do it, but he isnt changing at this point...

Only way i touch him is if he ready to take the vet min.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

I remember him being available a few years back and I was thinking then, maybe BB can bring him here and he will play discipline, come cheap,etc and then he sigend a big deal with Oakland. His 1st week he was BURNT by rookie Royal in Denver! I wanna say like 14 catches he gave up and it continued until he was cut. He did better going to D.C. but still gambles and gets beat now more than he makes plays. His Ego has always been bigger than his play and if I thought he would play the right way I would do it, but he isnt changing at this point...

Yeah but this deep market at the Cb position may help the Pats with Talib

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to PATSchampsSB's comment:

Oh , the more guys released def. HURTS Talib, but after seeing all the guys available I dont even think Talib is on their radar anymore. I mean he does know the system somewhat, but he also may not have been that dedicated from what I hear and those hammy and hip issues have since turned me off and I actually dont want them to spend to keep him. I think we can sign 2 servicable CBs for the same money and we just have to wait until the dust settles and their will be many CBs sitting around that didnt get the money they wanted. No way ALL these CBs are gonna get paid so GREAT for us! but Talib?? let him go and get a healthier, less problematic option IMO

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Oh , the more guys released def. HURTS Talib, but after seeing all the guys available I dont even think Talib is on their radar anymore. I mean he does know the system somewhat, but he also may not have been that dedicated from what I hear and those hammy and hip issues have since turned me off and I actually dont want them to spend to keep him. I think we can sign 2 servicable CBs for the same money and we just have to wait until the dust settles and their will be many CBs sitting around that didnt get the money they wanted. No way ALL these CBs are gonna get paid so GREAT for us! but Talib?? let him go and get a healthier, less problematic option IMO

Sign two "servicable" CB's??? i can see it now, we sign two "Servicable" Cb's and were back to where we were in the middle of the year this past year. No thanks. Pay a little extra and get a guy you can count on. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:

Sign two "servicable" CB's??? i can see it now, we sign two "Servicable" Cb's and were back to where we were in the middle of the year this past year. No thanks. Pay a little extra and get a guy you can count on. 

Yea I guess you are right. Bedard thinks the Pats are still hot for him and believes they can still land a couple lower level CBs While signing him longterm. I didnt think it was possible but who knows what his agent is asking. I would love to do both. I like Talib but I want insurance in case he goes down again and why I want to upgrade the slot with Arrington cuz the minute one guy goes down arrington is starting again and that would be disastrous.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Pats really want to sign with Talib

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000149398/article/report-patriots-want-to-get-aqib-talib-deal-done-soon

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to leatherhelmet's comment:

Yea I guess you are right. Bedard thinks the Pats are still hot for him and believes they can still land a couple lower level CBs While signing him longterm. I didnt think it was possible but who knows what his agent is asking. I would love to do both. I like Talib but I want insurance in case he goes down again and why I want to upgrade the slot with Arrington cuz the minute one guy goes down arrington is starting again and that would be disastrous.

Arrington is the Brandon Bass of the Pats. Anything would be an updrade over seeing him getting torched like Burning Man on a weekly basis

Lets hope!   good guy, bad cornerback!  lol

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

once Talib is signed we need another guy... names?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Lewis, Houston, Cox. I'd actually like Cox alot if they sign Talib. Cox is another potential #1 CB who might come cheap because of injury concerns

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Lewis, Houston, Cox. I'd actually like Cox alot if they sign Talib. Cox is another potential #1 CB who might come cheap because of injury concerns

one of this names more Talib and Dennard could solve our Cb problems...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Talib and cox on the outside with dennard in the slot is a formidable secondary. Add an adrian wilson or ed reed at safety and im happy as could be. Signing both talib and cox gives us a fallback too as both are capable of being #1 corners. Lets hope BB is done didle daddling around in the secondary and brings in guys that are actually capable of staying with thier man.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Talib and cox on the outside with dennard in the slot is a formidable secondary. Add an adrian wilson or ed reed at safety and im happy as could be. Signing both talib and cox gives us a fallback too as both are capable of being #1 corners. Lets hope BB is done didle daddling around in the secondary and brings in guys that are actually capable of staying with thier man.  

I agree, I like Dennard but folks need to realize he plays there due to necessity and he is really suited to play slot. I like his toughness and he competes but sooner or later he is gonna be exposed outside at 5'9" and will need to be kicked inside. This is why I want to sign a few guys. Not just bring back Talib and assume we are all set. Talib has injury concerns so need to get depth too.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

What is the story with Allen (former Dolpin) who was on our IR list all of last year . . .  is he not as good as Lewis and Cox?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to tenace4life's comment:

What is the story with Allen (former Dolpin) who was on our IR list all of last year . . .  is he not as good as Lewis and Cox?

Allen was an aging vet that was meant to be a vet prescence in a young secondary with Ras and McCourty as starters but that didn't quite happen.

Cox and Lewis are 7 years the younger

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Serviceable = Mediocre

Butler, Arrington, Whitley... I don't know who else. You really want more of that?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Talib, Dowling, Dennard... With the injury history of these guys, they definitely need one more in the rotation. I am not counting Arrington.

I think they should pick up that other guy in the draft. I am aware of BB's track record on picking CBs early in the draft. I just don't don't think it's reason to give up. I just hope they don't draft one who's known to be fragile. Maybe with CB they should just go with who the market thinks is the best CB at the spot they are picking. They have not shown they are better in picking those anyway. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

No. Actually, it won't. The Redskins supposedly are interested in Talib. It could be that they released Hall to make a run at Talib.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

No. Actually, it won't. The Redskins supposedly are interested in Talib. It could be that they released Hall to make a run at Talib.

With the cap problems the Skins have it's unlikely they will be able to outbid anyone for talib. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I will never forget right after Hall went to the Redskins from the Raiders, he was a pretty high rated guy and ended up getting tourched very badly that season.  So with that still in my memory I never want to see him in a Patriot uni!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

Serviceable = Mediocre

Butler, Arrington, Whitley... I don't know who else. You really want more of that?

Im sorry, let me clarify. I dont mean the guys we draft, Im talking about the group of free agents this year being better value so guys like Cox, Robinson who normally we wouldnt go after may be in play now that there is a flooded market. I dont really agree that Talib is the best Cb out there. Maybe the best at playing press and is the most dynamic but not the most consistent and has been hurt. I am actually starting to warm up to the idea of D.Hall. I didnt give him much of an endorsement yesterday but after thinking about it more, he does bring a lot to a team in terms of leadership, tackling(when he wants) and forces a lot of fumbles and can still make plays but he just isnt that discipline and gambles at times but if BB got him to play discipline I think he could help. The skins have always had a good D and he has been part of the reason the last few years. He would def. be an upgrade to what we have already.

Sections
Shortcuts