Dear BDC, what the heck is up??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Dear BDC, what the heck is up??

Why does my iPad constantly log me off and close out your web page 90% of the time I try to post.  This has been happening for about 2 weeks now and probably has something to do with your ads conflicting with the apple operating system.

I reccomend you have your IT department look into this.  Frankly I'm a bit shocked no one there has picked up on this yet.  Thanks

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: Dear BDC, what the heck is up??

Amazing, right after hitting the [ Add you post ] key I got logged off again.  When I do reopen the page I notice a bunch of - about:blank - tabs open at the top of the page.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

The It department for this website is a bunch of college kids 'learning on the job'. The change every few months, and the site starts to have problems again. They can't actually be paying someone to maintain this...

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Seems to be a Mac issue...so far no such trouble on my PC, but same trouble on my iPad and iPhone

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

It is because you are using an ipad. Maybe they sell a 40 dollar adapter that will allow you to use the site better?

Come on if you think you can take us on
    You and whose army?
    You and your cronies.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

It's not the ipad, it's the site.  I post on both my desktop and ipad and this place is messed up.  Sometimes I'll click on my profile and get led right back to the front burner.

I'm not real tech savvy but wouldn't it be fairly easy to create/host a platform like this one without a lot of problems or am I just being naive?  APDynasty was working on a similar idea, maybe he or our resident cpu guys could explain?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Ipad problems slow load screens but not having any log out issues like tcal is having.

Desktop getting blank screens every now and then and then I have to refresh, sometime a couple times to get content on the screen.

---------------------------------------------

check out my Patriots photoshops @ patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com for some good laughs.

Photobucket

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Some days this place loads better on my ipad than my desktop...others it's the opposite. I find it so annoying that I don't come here very often anymore.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

And here I was hoping it was an efort to reduce or minimize Troll traffic....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

Only thing i can think of at the moment about the Ipads, is that those op systems have a widget that auto attaches itself to a text message/email, that declares "sent from my iPad ........ That perhaps is what it won't accept. Many websites (even reputable news sites), search Engines, attach 'internet Bots' w/o permission and I notice when I clean cache each day there is up to a 200 MgBytes deleted, that's all garbage, that they attach to your drive. Many will tell you to set your Tools, history etc but that is not what I'm talking about here. Long story.

If you need a good free cleaner, let me know.

I don't have problems with a PC or desktop. I wouldn't render a guess about the blanks on top ...... good one to think about though.

have a good day .....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from fatsam72. Show fatsam72's posts

yes, it's an iOS problem.  been driving me batsh*t.  thanks tcal for posting

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

It's not an Apple issue.  If it were, I wouldn't be having problems here with my laptop or my PC (both on different networks).

It's a BDC issue.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

Same here. It's nasty. shuts down out of the blue.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

FYI ...

I posted a comment to BDC on this forum:

Forums>Misc.  Musings>Talk to BDC>General

http://www.boston.com/community/forums/misc-musings/talk-to-bdc/general/ipad-logout-issues/150/6707464

I know many of us think BDC doesn't  pay enough attention to these forums, but they have over 100 separate forums and it's unrealistic to think they'll check every one regularly.

I'd suggest using the forum I posted above for these issues.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

FYI ...

I posted a comment to BDC on this forum:

Forums>Misc.  Musings>Talk to BDC>General

http://www.boston.com/community/forums/misc-musings/talk-to-bdc/general/ipad-logout-issues/150/6707464

I know many of us think BDC doesn't  pay enough attention to these forums, but they have over 100 separate forums and it's unrealistic to think they'll check every one regularly.

I'd suggest using the forum I posted above for these issues.

Good suggestion CatfishHunter.  You are right, they check that forum often.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I had repetitive log off issues on my laptop (Win XP) for quite some time.  Thought it was attributable to heavy traffic following the Marathon attacks; took some time to clear up. Seems to be fine now.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCDottie. Show BDCDottie's posts

Folks, I will ask dev and ops to look into this.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to BDCDottie's comment:

Folks, I will ask dev and ops to look into this.

Thanks Dottie!!

Sections
Shortcuts