Dear BDC, what the heck is up??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: Dear BDC, what the heck is up??

If you don't like it Rusty, Leave.  No one is holding a gun to your head forcing you to post here.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

Me too, both the iPad and iPhone. I've noticed it on a couple of other sites as well.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

My iPad and iPhone get logged off a lot.  My work PC and my own pc do not have the problem.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

In response to BDCDottie's comment:

Folks, I will ask dev and ops to look into this.

Thanks Dottie!!

Please dont thank her. She isnt going to do anything. Unless making another empty promise qualifies as doing something around here now

FYI: The two "devs" assigned to this section of the BDC have been reassigned and are currently working on a "big project" at the Worcester Telegram & Gazette

It sounds like I'm kidding, but I'm not

The Worcester Telegram & Gazette...

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Yes, totally serious

dottie said so herself last week in the Talk to BDC forum

The Worcester T&G is more important than the Globe now

Funny, isnt it?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to NedBraden's comment:

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

Yes, but I'd like to know why the hone in on me or literally stalk me in the threads, deleting totally clean posts within second or minutes.

By BDC Dottie, whoever that is and whatever that person's job is, actually fielding your request within a thread, that proves they do read the board. It also proves the work they do here is an embarrassment considering how badly this board is so obviously trolled on a daily basis.

I always said, all it would take is a mod to check in for 5 minutes once a day, easily see what the person's agenda is as a troll, never genuine for discussion, and just go on a bannning spree.

It "proves" nothing of the sort.   If you saw my earlier post there is a specific forum that can be used to send a note to BDC.  They look there, see the link to this thread and jump in to make a post.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

No idea. It's bizarre though. I assume youre on a very short leash with whoever is in harge

But even then, many of the deletions make no sense

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Site is very screwd up. Loads are super slow, and often incomplete for me (desktop).

photo BBandtheRat_zpsc338a3a1.gif

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Also, by "BDC Dottie" replying to a thread, proves someone scans the board. So banning someone does not necessaarily come from being reported.  Isn't that an interesting discovery. 

So, it begs the question more why they allow the obvious troll work that we all see.

They don't tolerate trolls. That's why you have been banned 25 times.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

It's not the ipad, it's the site.  I post on both my desktop and ipad and this place is messed up.  Sometimes I'll click on my profile and get led right back to the front burner.

I'm not real tech savvy but wouldn't it be fairly easy to create/host a platform like this one without a lot of problems or am I just being naive?  APDynasty was working on a similar idea, maybe he or our resident cpu guys could explain?

Depends what you mean by "fairly easy" and "like this one". This site is a canned forum program, bought, maintained  by same people, BDC sells adverts you see on sidebars, sell the ID hits etc, they make money. A canned forum is attached to an existing main website like this.

A stand alone forum on your own website is best. Design, developing a forum from scratch is ideal but far more work involved. That way, no monthly fees, no intruding, no outside control.

What do you wish for? the other forums I know of seem less intuitive, puzzling to negotiate, pages full of unnecessary nonsense, micro-managed to the point of boring etc.

It can be done ...... I would maintain the site but could only moderate in patches.

What do you think? It will work, over time if done well. Is it worth the effort and why.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to palookaski's comment:

A stand alone forum on your own website is best. Design, developing a forum from scratch is ideal but far more work involved. That way, no monthly fees, no intruding, no outside control.

This is what they said they were going to do when they reset the site a year or so ago. That's why features have been reapplied bit by bit.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I just want the belligerents (Trolls and Irrationals) on the same short leash.  Also, I don't expect totally clean and reasoned posts to be deleted.  It's hypocritical.

[/QUOTE]

It's very simple.  You attack people in most of your posts.  Those get deleted quickly.

Also, most of your posts probably get reported by almost everyone who reads them.  This is because everyone wants you to leave.

Sections
Shortcuts