Dear Giants, your 2012 schedule....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Dear Giants, your 2012 schedule....

AT- GB, Balt, Cinci, ATL, Carolina

Home- SF, NO, Pitt, CLE, TB

7 play-off teams outside of the division, have fun with that.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Re: Dear Giants, your 2012 schedule....

They will go 8-8 and win their division...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Meh.  I dont really care about the Giants, if we both wind up in the SB next year we will have to win, otherwise they are just some loudmouth team.  But I can assure you, their very own division will be a fight next year.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

The Giants problem returning to the Super Bowl are the other SB hungry teams in the NFC (eg: Packers, Falcons, Saints, 49ers, even the Lions). I don;t think the competition is as stiff in the AFC for the Pats, but yeah that does look like a tough schedule.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from df5. Show df5's posts

6-10

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Re: Dear Giants, your 2012 schedule....:
    [QUOTE]Meh.  I dont really care about the Giants, if we both wind up in the SB next year we will have to win, otherwise they are just some loudmouth team.  But I can assure you, their very own division will be a fight next year.  
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]
    The Giants can't be guaranteed 4+ wins next season in their own division. Contrast that with the Pats AFC East which is relatively not difficult. Can't wait to see who else they're playing excluding the cupcakes in their division. When you're fighting for your playoff life in your own division, it makes you battled tested. Being challenged a few times during the regular season doesn't prepare you for what the playoffs will bring. If Peyton ends up in Miami or Jets, because they both have decent defenses, it could make things a little more interesting this up and coming season. Most consecutive 10 win seasons by the Pats is very indicative of a weak conference. They don't fair as well when facing more daunting or physical Ds. That my take.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dear Giants, your 2012 schedule.... : The Giants can't be guaranteed 4+ wins next season in their own division. Contrast that with the Pats AFC East which is relatively not difficult. Can't wait to see who else they're playing excluding the cupcakes in their division. When you're fighting for your playoff life in your own division, it makes you battled tested. Being challenged a few times during the regular season doesn't prepare you for what the playoffs will bring. If Peyton ends up in Miami or Jets, because they both have decent defenses, it could make things a little more interesting this up and coming season. Most consecutive 10 win seasons by the Pats is very indicative of a weak conference. They don't fair as well when facing more daunting or physical Ds. That my take.
    Posted by GEAUX-TIGRES[/QUOTE]

Most good teams can't look at their division and think they will do better than 4 wins in the division.  GB really can't, maybe Houston next year, no one in the NFC east or AFC North can.  The Pats definitely have a luxury in playing in what has been for years, a very weak division. 

There is some truth to your "battle tested" point but I'm pretty sure the Giants would trade schedules with the Pats if given the opportunity.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Well, we assume that Giants will be the same team next year....  Who knows?  They will have to play the games. 

That said. I would hope that they would go 3 & 13,,,,, after a quick 3 & 0 start.  Yeah, now that's karma. 

Can you imagine what December would be like in Giants land, as we go back to the play-offs yet again?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]6-10
    Posted by df5[/QUOTE]

Posted by the same guy who said Eli was another Delhomme.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Dear Giants, your 2012 schedule....:
    [QUOTE]AT- GB, Balt, Cinci, ATL, Carolina Home- SF, NO, Pitt, CLE, TB 7 play-off teams outside of the division, have fun with that.
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE]

It wasn't a joy ride this yr, when they played every elite team (NE, NYJ - at least at the time, SF, NO, GB) exc Pitt & Bal

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Well, we assume that Giants will be the same team next year....  Who knows?  They will have to play the games.  That said. I would hope that they would go 3 & 13,,,,, after a quick 3 & 0 start.  Yeah, now that's karma.  Can you imagine what December would be like in Giants land, as we go back to the play-offs yet again?
    Posted by Dessalines[/QUOTE]

You really think a team with that talent is going to end up 3-13? Keep dreaming.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Dear Giants, your 2012 schedule.... : No worse than this yr, when they played every elite team (NE, SF, NO, GB) exc Pitt & Bal
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

The Giants play all but 1 of the other NFC play-off teams (Detroit) and draw what looks to be the deepest AFC division, with 3 play-off teams.  Not to mention, despite what some have called a down year this past year, the NFC East is still the NFC East.  Personally, I don't think you can say a division had a down year if that division wins the Super Bowl.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In Response to Dear Giants, your 2012 schedule....:
    [QUOTE]AT- GB, Balt, Cinci, ATL, Carolina Home- SF, NO, Pitt, CLE, TB 7 play-off teams outside of the division, have fun with that.
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE]

Not sure what the point to this thread is. If the Giants go 0-16 next year it will not change the fact that they beat the Patriots in the only game that mattered this season.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

The Giants won the super bowl in 2007, went one-and-done in 2008, did not make the playoffs in 2009 or 2010 and won the super bowl in 2011. I'd take that.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Call me crazy but I want to meet them in the SB next season.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Call me crazy but I want to meet them in the SB next season.
    Posted by TFB12[/QUOTE]

You may get your wish; I feel 1+ more between these 2 anyways; sort of like the Dodgers & Yankees in the 40s-50s. (although half as many teams then)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Honestly  I don't see the Giants getting back.  I think it will be GB in the NFC.  I would love to see a Pats vs GB SB.  Heck, I would love to see the Pats vs anyone in the SB.  I think the team we see out there next season will be a great team.  Probably the best all around Patriots team we have seen in a long time. 

They had an old D in 07, with some tweaking with this current D I see them having a great D next season and years to come.  Combine that with some tweaking on O and look out!!!  The Patriots had a ways to go this past season and they still went to the SB and darn near won it.  Imagine what BB will do with a full off season and making some changes.  We could see a record breaking offense again, one where they don't have to outscore everyone in a shoot out to win because the D will hold their own. 

If you can't tell, I'm already excited for next season.  Something like 215 days until the season opener!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Plus Giants may have to face the Redskins with a possible Peyton Manning as their QB!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from df5. Show df5's posts

I would be willing to bet at least 5k the Giants don't make the Superbowl next year. I would be shocked if they even finish over .500

You can scoff all you want but Eli Manning is not a good quarterback. Furthermore, he played over his head all year. We saw Eli's ceiling this year. He will never be any better than he was in 2011. And the Giants still lost 7 games. That could happen again. But what's more likely is that Eli will revert to form, throw 30 picks and the Giants will struggle to win 7 or 8 games. And miss the playoffs like they usually do.

There's no shame in admitting your team isn't that good. If any fan on either side is being honest, they would admit that neither team had any business being in the Superbowl. Both teams rode luck to the big game. The Pats luck ran out first, that's all. Welker catches that seam pass the Giants are an afterthought right now. But he didn't.

You want to walk around in some sort of fantasy where your team is great, then good for you. But I think 2012 will be a very long season for you

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]I would be willing to bet at least 5k the Giants don't make the Superbowl next year. I would be shocked if they even finish over .500 You can scoff all you want but Eli Manning is not a good quarterback. Furthermore, he played over his head all year. We saw Eli's ceiling this year. He will never be any better than he was in 2011. And the Giants still lost 7 games. That could happen again. But what's more likely is that Eli will revert to form, throw 30 picks and the Giants will struggle to win 7 or 8 games. And miss the playoffs like they usually do. There's no shame in admitting your team isn't that good. If any fan on either side is being honest, they would admit that neither team had any business being in the Superbowl. Both teams rode luck to the big game. The Pats luck ran out first, that's all. Welker catches that seam pass the Giants are an afterthought right now. But he didn't. You want to walk around in some sort of fantasy where your team is great, then good for you. But I think 2012 will be a very long season for you
    Posted by df5[/QUOTE]

Considering the Giants just won the SB 4 days ago, with Eli establishing himself as a HOF candidate; your time zone perspective reminds me of a mirror found in a fun house - distorted.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Plus Giants may have to face the Redskins with a possible Peyton Manning as their QB!!!
    Posted by GoUconn13[/QUOTE]

Giants were 0-2 against the Redskins this yr w/o him; they are not a good matchup for them.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

[QUOTE]Philly and Dallas will be improved.  NY was 9-7 this year and will end up losing key players that they counted on, similar to what happened to GB this year. Who knows the competitive Skins, get a decent QB and rattle that division a bit. Kyle Orton is available.
    Posted by RustyGriswold[/QUOTE]
    Maybe the sarcasm is lost on me, but I hope you were kidding regarding the last part...go get a decent QB/Kyle Orton is available.  :)