Dear Giants, your 2012 schedule....

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Re: Dear Giants, your 2012 schedule....

In Response to Re: Dear Giants, your 2012 schedule....:
    [QUOTE]Kyle Orton is a very good starting QB if he was just allowed to have the same OC for more than one year. Absolutely. If I am the Jets, Skins, etc, I am looking at him, hoping his price isn't too high.
    Posted by RustyGriswold[/QUOTE]

Agree; I always liked him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]Call me crazy but I want to meet them in the SB next season.
    Posted by TFB12[/QUOTE]

I'd tend to agree, but it won't happen. No way NY gets back, let alone wins. NOBOBY repeats as champion anymore, 'specially not some 9-7 team who was mediocre most of the season, and lost twice to the lowly Redskins. Philly, Dallas, and Washington will all improve, while NY will take a hit on the cap. Eli will not keep getting the breaks he's been getting either.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]Plus Giants may have to face the Redskins with a possible Peyton Manning as their QB!!!
    Posted by GoUconn13[/QUOTE]

LOL...Peyton finally gets a chance to punch Eli in the face.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]I would be willing to bet at least 5k the Giants don't make the Superbowl next year. I would be shocked if they even finish over .500 You can scoff all you want but Eli Manning is not a good quarterback. Furthermore, he played over his head all year. We saw Eli's ceiling this year. He will never be any better than he was in 2011. And the Giants still lost 7 games. That could happen again. But what's more likely is that Eli will revert to form, throw 30 picks and the Giants will struggle to win 7 or 8 games. And miss the playoffs like they usually do. There's no shame in admitting your team isn't that good. If any fan on either side is being honest, they would admit that neither team had any business being in the Superbowl. Both teams rode luck to the big game. The Pats luck ran out first, that's all. Welker catches that seam pass the Giants are an afterthought right now. But he didn't. You want to walk around in some sort of fantasy where your team is great, then good for you. But I think 2012 will be a very long season for you
    Posted by df5[/QUOTE]

I think exactly the same thing. And what it means is, his overall performance will never be as good as it was this year. Has nothing to do with being SB MVB Jintsfan.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cloudyandrain. Show Cloudyandrain's posts

they won't go back to the playoffs with that schedule and their division. Go Cowboys.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from paesan59. Show paesan59's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Dear Giants, your 2012 schedule.... : And the point of this thread is?
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]

I am a die hard Pats fan and I have to agree with you on this. Looking at next years schedule is meaningless. A variety of things can impact these teams with the most important factor being injuries. Before the season started I am sure not one Pats fan looked at the schedule and said Indy would be a definite win. It is time to move on, the season is over and the rosters for next year are up in the air. This thread all seems like sour grapes to me.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from YankeeBill. Show YankeeBill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Dear Giants, your 2012 schedule.... : And the point of this thread is?

You know getting back to the SB, never mind winning it, Is very hard to do.  We won this year, I’m happy with that !  I’m good for a season or two.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from verrildd. Show verrildd's posts

If I'm a Giants fan, at this moment in time, I could not care less about my 2012 schedule.  My team just won the superbowl.  We remember what that's like, kinda, right?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Good. Hope they get crushed next season. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SchwillyPete. Show SchwillyPete's posts

Laughing my head off at how miserable you loser pats fans are.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RS75. Show RS75's posts

I'd rather Pats (12-4 regular season) crush Giants (13-3 regular season) 45-10 in Super Bowl XLVII!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dear Giants, your 2012 schedule.... : The Giants can't be guaranteed 4+ wins next season in their own division. Contrast that with the Pats AFC East which is relatively not difficult. Can't wait to see who else they're playing excluding the cupcakes in their division. When you're fighting for your playoff life in your own division, it makes you battled tested. Being challenged a few times during the regular season doesn't prepare you for what the playoffs will bring. If Peyton ends up in Miami or Jets, because they both have decent defenses, it could make things a little more interesting this up and coming season. Most consecutive 10 win seasons by the Pats is very indicative of a weak conference. They don't fair as well when facing more daunting or physical Ds. That my take.
    Posted by GEAUX-TIGRES[/QUOTE]

Despite the fact that physicians have given Manning a pass to go and play it doesn't mean that he is up to the skill level in arm strength to play. It was only just a few days before that reports were out that the nerves in his throwing arm had not fully regenerated yet and that he was only throwing at about 75-80% of his former arm speed, so who knows if he will play this coming season and who would be willing to take a chance on Manning who will probably command a very high contract. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

n Response to Re: Dear Giants, your 2012 schedule....:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dear Giants, your 2012 schedule.... : You really think a team with that talent is going to end up 3-13? Keep dreaming.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

No, it was a fantasy, as in wouldn't be great if I thought that was clear...  Read a little deeper, it will help you avoid this kind of embarrassment in the future  Thanks.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

I'll agree with you as well. It's obvious the author of the post is full of sour grapes that our Patriots just lost to your team. Some folks here can't accept that the Pats lost to a Giants team that went 9-7 while the Pats were 13-3, but the Giants pulled it together like any hot playoff team can and won when it counted. The Pats deserved to be in the Super Bowl but on the back of a pretty easy schedule and ome luck along the way which I'm sure the Giants had as well. 

Your team and town should enjoy the SB win, but the joy only lasts so long with a new season always on the way. 

Hetchinspete

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dear Giants, your 2012 schedule.... : I'll agree with you as well. It's obvious the author of the post is full of sour grapes that our Patriots just lost to your team. Some folks here can't accept that the Pats lost to a Giants team that went 9-7 while the Pats were 13-3, but the Giants pulled it together like any hot playoff team can and won when it counted. The Pats deserved to be in the Super Bowl but on the back of a pretty easy schedule and ome luck along the way which I'm sure the Giants had as well.  Your team and town should enjoy the SB win, but the joy only lasts so long with a new season always on the way.  Hetchinspete
    Posted by Hetchinspete[/QUOTE]

Yep...  +1.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks. Show RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks's posts

[QUOTE]Kyle Orton is a very good starting QB if he was just allowed to have the same OC for more than one year. Absolutely. If I am the Jets, Skins, etc, I am looking at him, hoping his price isn't too high.
    Posted by RustyGriswold[/QUOTE]
    Kyle Orton is a GREAT starting QB..... Boiler the F up baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dear Giants, your 2012 schedule.... : The Giants can't be guaranteed 4+ wins next season in their own division. Contrast that with the Pats AFC East which is relatively not difficult. Can't wait to see who else they're playing excluding the cupcakes in their division. When you're fighting for your playoff life in your own division, it makes you battled tested. Being challenged a few times during the regular season doesn't prepare you for what the playoffs will bring. If Peyton ends up in Miami or Jets, because they both have decent defenses, it could make things a little more interesting this up and coming season. Most consecutive 10 win seasons by the Pats is very indicative of a weak conference. They don't fair as well when facing more daunting or physical Ds. That my take.
    Posted by GEAUX-TIGRES[/QUOTE]

I think you both underestimate our division, and go two far with that battle tested stuff.  The Jests and the Dolphins both gave us a hard time, and the Bills beat us once.  The AFC east continually puts up 2 good teams for the Pats.  The Giants will get a harder path with the NFC East, but I think the Redskins will remain a so-so team next year.  The Cowboys and the Eagles will rebound hard.  On the other hand, it is quite possible the addition of Cruz and the unleashing of Eli will make the Giants perpetual contenders.  Either way, I'm unconcerned about them as the only playoff game we will have to get against them will be the big one.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

Giants repeat? Nahhh...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]n Response to Re: Dear Giants, your 2012 schedule.... : No, it was a fantasy, as in wouldn't be great if I thought that was clear...  Read a little deeper, it will help you avoid this kind of embarrassment in the future  Thanks.
    Posted by Dessalines[/QUOTE]

Yes, LOL, I'm the one who should be embarrassed.

To repeat:

Well, we assume that Giants will be the same team next year....  Who knows?  They will have to play the games. 

That said. I would hope that they would go 3 & 13,,,,, after a quick 3 & 0 start.  Yeah, now that's karma. 

Can you imagine what December would be like in Giants land, as we go back to the play-offs yet again?

Who do you think you're kidding?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

LOL.... I love that you commented on the thread 2 times and then on your 3rd post asked "what is the point?"  Seriously, that is funny. 

The point was to point out that the Giants have a brutal schedule next year, nothing more. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Dear Giants, your 2012 schedule....:
    [QUOTE]AT- GB, Balt, Cinci, ATL, Carolina Home- SF, NO, Pitt, CLE, TB 7 play-off teams outside of the division, have fun with that.
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE]

Is this suppose to make us feel better over the SB loss to them?

Sections
Shortcuts