Dear mods, can you please stop all of the OT postings?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Dear mods, can you please stop all of the OT postings?

This is supposed to be a message board for Patriots football discussions. Or have you decided to let five or six posters take over this space as their own message board?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re: Dear mods, can you please stop all of the OT postings?

The OT I put up directly affected the NFL and it's new rule change

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Also there is pats discussion going on. There are numerous free agent threads and the draft thread too

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

When I first logged on iot was all OT postings on the first page and almost none of the had to do with football let alone the Pats.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhatVirginian. Show PhatVirginian's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:

When I first logged on iot was all OT postings on the first page and almost none of the had to do with football let alone the Pats.

I'm guilty of some of those postings, but no agenda to speak of. It is kind of slow right now.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:

oh well I dont even bother with half of them.

someone went off on random questions as OT threads

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

You may as well post to Santa.

Mods reading threads on BDC?   That's funny.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Agreed..was away all day and came in here and thought everyone on these threads must have been smokin' crack with all these OT threads...it's all BUST-CHISE, I see...his name PhatVirgin must have been banned...so he's now PhatVirginian?...

You want to blame someone, blame him...he started almost all of them!

When will you fools smarten up?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhatVirginian. Show PhatVirginian's posts

hmmm, I only count two by me.  Most of the OT were created by the same person who created this one.  I'm afraid that my role has been greatly overexagerated - and obviously, the source of the misinformation is of highly questionable character. Ironic since that individual loves to post the same pictures over and over again. Oh, and I think the same individual is on his 3rd name using a similar moniker.

Remedial school might be helpful for counting?

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I agree that the increasing number of OT postings is becoming annoying but I agree that it is unlikely we'll see any action by the mods to discourage the practice. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

I'm not decided on this. I agree on principle that this is a Patriots forum, and topics should be football relevant.

However, it's otherwise a slow period in the NFL, and with relatively few news regarding the Patriots. I think the high number of OT threads reflects that many of us like to come to this board and discuss, primarely the Patriots, but also whatever else we find interesting.

If the number of OT threads is high on page 1 it's because there is little to discuss about football. The OT threads will disappear when FA starts and we get closer to the draft. I have little concern that the OT threads take away focus from relevant football discussions.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to DanishPastry's comment:

I'm not decided on this. I agree on principle that this is a Patriots forum, and topics should be football relevant.

However, it's otherwise a slow period in the NFL, and with relatively few news regarding the Patriots. I think the high number of OT threads reflects that many of us like to come to this board and discuss, primarely the Patriots, but also whatever else we find interesting.

If the number of OT threads is high on page 1 it's because there is little to discuss about football. The OT threads will disappear when FA starts and we get closer to the draft. I have little concern that the OT threads take away focus from relevant football discussions.

Fair points, all, IMO.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhatVirginian. Show PhatVirginian's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

I agree that the increasing number of OT postings is becoming annoying but I agree that it is unlikely we'll see any action by the mods to discourage the practice. 

Not sure why one feels they're so annoying. It's off-season and the next big football related event is the draft.

In addition, all of them are clearly marked - so, adults have the choice to read them or not.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhatVirginian. Show PhatVirginian's posts

In response to DanishPastry's comment:

I'm pretty sure that everyone agrees it's a football forum. And, this isn't new.

Happens every time things are slow. And, they will go away soon enough.  Plus, yesterday a poster objected - and created quite a few OT subjects as a form of protest. No biggie if you take everything in context.  I understand where he's coming from.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

There is NOTHING happening in football right now.  People feel a sense of community with the members here, so they still want to come and chat.  Until something else happens, threads unrelated to the Pats, but related to being a person are expected and fine.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

It's the offseason and one of the most dead parts of the offseason. Still there is a combine thread and a draft thread... though you seem less interested in those topics since you feel it's a crap shoot. Other than that FA isn't until March 11th. There have been random threads up about what players you would want, about the systems philosophy and if it should be adjusted, and which of our own FA's we want to keep (you should join those discussions). 

As for the OT's half of them are really football related and the other half not. Actually most the the current not football related ones were started by you, for whatever reason you decided to start them. But it's funny I hardly ever see you in football discussions anymore other than to make a snide or sarcastic remark then you disappear. Maybe we have more Patriots related topics if you actually stuck around and started some and actually join in the discussions.

Here I'll start, what FA's would you like to see on the team and what direction would you like the see the Pats go in the draft?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

You may as well post to Santa.

Mods reading threads on BDC?   That's funny.

I thought someone might get the levity of the OP

Sections
Shortcuts