Dear Patriots..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wiggy26. Show wiggy26's posts

Dear Patriots..

Please give us something to be excited about!

Use those picks to help the defense THIS year. Play for now. Get someone in either on Offense or Defense to improve this team. Its always about the future with Bill - how about making positive moves to Help the team - not giving players away for 3rd rounders.

Its painful to lose your best Hall of Fame WR to then have Bill say about our SB chances:
    "Right now, I think our big thing is to go out on the field like we do every day and try to improve and get better as a football team"

How about being fired up Bill. . . letting other teams know this move makes our team worst . . hmm. I realise its always the same old story with Bill and the Media, but this is a time where players and fans are questioning your ability to 'Do what is best for the team'.

Give us reasoning why and how you plan to make this team better. I certainly hope the Moss trade is not our last move.

End Rant :)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Re: Dear Patriots..

Sounds like you need to find another team. Bill won't talk about Super Bowls...until he wins it. This team has lost a lot of great players, yet keep turning up a winner. Take a look at recent history in any case. Randy was simply not producing like he did a couple years ago. And he looked like he wasn't giving 100% on every play. Sometimes you have to know when it's time to part ways. This team has seldom been "instant gratification". They're always looking ahead. I fear you have heard all the reasons we are going to get. It's time to move on...the Ravens are next on the block!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wiggy26. Show wiggy26's posts

I absolutely agree bubthegrub2. Its more the excitement factor. Vikings are seen to have completely won in this deal, Moss is excited, players are excited, coach is excited. Meanwhile Patriots are seen as giving up in the media, players and coach aren't too happy that Moss is gone. 

The only way to gain this excitement back is to keep winning games, i understand. However Team morale is huge, i just hope that players dont feel its over 4 weeks in. . 

Then again. . we all know being the underdog is a good thing around here ;)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from norichcrybabies. Show norichcrybabies's posts

what?  man... I don't get this board.  I've lurked for a long time and decided to jump in and get involved and the more I do the more frustrated I get.  

If we buy now, we're not going to get what your looking for.  A pro-bowler.  In a nutshell, that's what you want.  and you know what?  not only do we not have the cap space for one, but why would we pay 3x what we should in compensation to the team we trade with because the fan base is over reacting to a trade of a player who hasn't contributed in a positive way for a season and a quarter?  If not, we're just picking someone off the scrap heap. Sit back, relax and see how it plays out.  Enjoy the rebuilding process.  I understand your passion first hand, but it's part of the ebb and flow of being a fan.  The struggle.  Even now, our leanest years in a decade, we are hyper competitive. Dominant.  We are on the cusp of something very great. Again.  Unless, of coarse, we blow our EXCELLENT collective draft position to win another game or two in a down year (see Dallas, Washington).  

On the other hand, don't discount the man who runs the team.  He's done more with less (see 01).  

Our team and management is so far ahead of the pack, you'd think we were losing the race but in reality, we're about to lap the competition.

I DO TRUST BILL.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Patience is a virtue. They are going to be competitive now, maybe not a championship team, but still competitive. However, think about all the recent picks the Pats have. Don't you think it'd be better to get a ton of young promising, possibly HoF (you never know in the draft) players with those picks that can help for the next decade instead of a decent veteran that can help out for a year or two and then retires or slows down?

This team is going to be young and will suffer some growing pains, but over the years they will develop chemistry and become a solid team. Not individual players, but a team. That's the goal.

Moss was beginning to become more an individual than a teammate. The Pats shipped him away before more troubled started. This will give the new guys more playing time and they will grow more because of it. You might not like it now, but you will appreciate what Bill is doing in a few years. It might not work (nothing is guaranteed), but I'm drinking the kool-aid on this one. I'd rather have a good team for years instead of a team that had a great run for a few years and then does nothing for the next few decades.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

I only read the first sentence and I won't go further:

If you watched the games so far, you'd have something to be excited about. There's extreme highs and then some lows, which is expected of a young, talented team. It was inevitable that we'd have to get young sooner or later. We're going through that process right now. I'd rather have no owner/coach/QB trio over Kraft/Belichick/Brady.

Be patient.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I'd try to mix it up if possible for established players and young draftable talent. We certainly should have the fire power and cap space to add bona fide nfl players and yet add several high draft picks as well. In my opinion this would not put all the onus on young guys that have never played a down in the league.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

In Response to Dear Patriots..:
    Please give us something to be excited about! Use those picks to help the defense THIS year. Play for now. Get someone in either on Offense or Defense to improve this team. Its always about the future with Bill - how about making positive moves to Help the team - not giving players away for 3rd rounders. Its painful to lose your best Hall of Fame WR to then have Bill say about our SB chances: "Right now, I think our big thing is to go out on the field like we do every day and try to improve and get better as a football team" How about being fired up Bill. . . letting other teams know this move makes our team worst . . hmm. I realise its always the same old story with Bill and the Media, but this is a time where players and fans are questioning your ability to 'Do what is best for the team'. Give us reasoning why and how you plan to make this team better. I certainly hope the Moss trade is not our last move. End Rant :)
    Posted by wiggy26

Poor baby no instant gratification for you. You may have to wait a year or 2 so either jump back off of the bandwagon or learn to be patient like all of us who were fans before 2001

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Re: Dear Patriots..:
    I absolutely agree bubthegrub2. Its more the excitement factor. Vikings are seen to have completely won in this deal, Moss is excited, players are excited, coach is excited.
    Posted by wiggy26

And they should be.

But next year that team blows up big time.

And the Pats will be right back in the thick of the hunt.

Think about it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from memery26. Show memery26's posts

Remember three years ago when all of us had that sinking feeling that we were so good, we better win now, because in addition to being super talented, we were also old?

Fast forward three years and only one of those things is true.

Meanwhile, other teams are reckless with their drafts and trading away their futures [to us] to satisfy championship-starved fan bases with players on the decline they think will help them win now (when only one of them can). We have the luxury of being extremely competitive during a period when we are hoarding draft picks to make another extended run at dynasty 2.0

This particular trade makes sense on its own, but even moreso when you realize that we are in this sweet spot only because Bill has a history of making these bold moves.

It's a great time to be a Pats fan.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to Dear Patriots..:
    Please give us something to be excited about! Use those picks to help the defense THIS year. Play for now. Get someone in either on Offense or Defense to improve this team. Its always about the future with Bill - how about making positive moves to Help the team - not giving players away for 3rd rounders. Its painful to lose your best Hall of Fame WR to then have Bill say about our SB chances: "Right now, I think our big thing is to go out on the field like we do every day and try to improve and get better as a football team" How about being fired up Bill. . . letting other teams know this move makes our team worst . . hmm. I realise its always the same old story with Bill and the Media, but this is a time where players and fans are questioning your ability to 'Do what is best for the team'. Give us reasoning why and how you plan to make this team better. I certainly hope the Moss trade is not our last move. End Rant :)
    Posted by wiggy26

I think you are wrong.  And I'm SURE the team thinks that you are wrong.  They didn't trade Moss to get worse.  Since they traded him, they MUST have had a good reason.  Because they didn't have to.  The fact they did meant either they felt he wasn't doing enough (I felt this way) or that he was a distraction to the team.  We don't need distractions.  The coach isn't a cheerleader.  It's not his job to make you happy.  Make your own self happy.  And wait for the team to stink to proclaim gloom and doom.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

wiggy.. your post comes across like you think the team has no idea what is in their best interests.  You come across as if BB has no clue and needs to be "excited" and needs to be told, by fans like you, what the team should be drafting for next year!  Well, since when will he change his ways to suit you?  I think you are one of those fans spoiled by 2007 and is hungry to see more of the same and will not be satisfied until a year like that is repeated.  Overall, you sound like an entitled fan who has to be told everything!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriotsftball. Show Patriotsftball's posts

Plenty of good posts on here...And I agree that we are rebuilding with some fine young talent...But young talent can develope into above average talent and even be great...

I JUST HOPE WE KEEP THEM AROUND!!!!! MR. Kraft needs to be ready to spend some money because these players unfortunately are pretty much about the money...

Let's make sure we use the two first round picks wherever they may fall into place...Never know??? It just may be the first pick in the draft next year???

Stockpiling picks is fine - But you stockpile too many you can't pay them all...

Let's continue to root the PATS on and I feel GREAT things are right around the corner!!!

SPEND THE MONEY!!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wiggy26. Show wiggy26's posts

I have nothing against any of you here and I think you all have absolutely valid points!

I am just venting as a frustrated fan of Randy Moss but more importantly the Patriots.

The Miami game was fantastic and I am so excited to see what Tate can do!! hopefully he can stretch the field.

go pats.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

I see a young team getting better and a cr@p load of draft picks in the upcoming draft. We are bound to strike gold on atleast 1 of those 8 top 128 picks. Hell, look at this years draft. Round one, Mccourty( starter ), Gronk( crazy potential, physically a beast) Spikes( instinct driven LB that has showed tons of promise) Cunningham ( has looked decent on the edge, still making a DE to OLB transition, give him some time, has flashed potential so far) and Hernandez in the 4th. I shouldn't have to say anything about Hernandez, his play speaks for him.

Now next year, two 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th round picks.

This year we got 5 promising guys with our first 6 picks in the first 4 rounds, Taylor Price has been inactive so I will exlude him.

If we come close to that same amount this year, we are looking at a team that will be set to dominate for the next 10+ years.

As a huge Moss fan, I was getting frustrated with his play. Ask my wife, I was screaming at the TV like a madman when Brady kept forcing Moss the ball against the Jests. One drop and no catches yet we blow the Phins out in their house, honestly I think we are fine.

There is rumors going around that we are looking at V-jax from the Bolts in exchange for Mankins, my take on that is we should do it if we aren't planning on paying Mankins. Yes Jackson is one violation away from a year long suspension but I would rather get a playmaker for Mankins rather then nothing. Getting another draft pick for Mankins would be pointless IMO because how many rookies do you expect to make this team next year? V-jax is relatively young and a big tall and strong playmaker, I'm all for it...

This team has a really bright future, it may not look like it to some uneducated fans, but real fans will see that we are set to return to dominance in the next few years.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriotsftball. Show Patriotsftball's posts

I agree - A very bright future!!!!! Very exciting indeed!!!!!

CAN WE PAY ALL OF THEM?????

This will be the challenge...

SALARY CAP...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wiggy26. Show wiggy26's posts

I could see VJax working out here. Will it happen . . . probably not.

Still. . if we grabbed him, he would start week 9. that would give us a great look into Tate and the rest before getting a player with VJax ability and strength.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

If in fact Moss told the truth that Kraft wouldn't even return his call to ask about a contract extention then he,Kraft,is totally at the heart of the problem that continues to plague the Pats(i.e.-they will not pay fair value to their own talented players)and will ultimately undermine this team and and its potential for success.Whether or not Kraft had any intention at all to give Moss a big multi-year deal management that respects his employees,is committed to the success of his organization and has at least a modicum of respect for his both his employees and customers(in this case those who have supported this team through good and bad times(I was at there very game in 1960 and have dropped a ton of money to support "my"team)responds to employee and customer concerns even if it isn't what they want to hear.To show such total disdain,if true,would hurt me personally and disappoint me tremendously and I would have to reconsider my support of the organization.Kraft presents one face to the public but perhaps it is a sham and if it is he,like Mankins,owes us an apology. He has every right to run his business anyway he chooses but so do we,his customers,have the right to choose who we will do business with.I sincerely hope the Moss situation as it currently being presented(and in many instances backed by those who are in the inner circle such as players like Wilfolk)is not true but if it is,I would not be able to admire and support.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from norichcrybabies. Show norichcrybabies's posts

I agree - A very bright future!!!!! Very exciting indeed!!!!!            CAN WE PAY ALL OF THEM????? This will be the challenge...             SALARY CAP...
    Posted by Patriotsftball

%
    Pats, I think you and I can get along.  But you can't make me believe that we don't pay our players.  Mankins was offered a HUGE deal.  wasn't enough.  F-you. Asante?  Got a dang tattoo!  F-you.  Wilfork?  ok.  we'll work it out.  Leigh Bodden? ok.  as long as your willing to NOT be a moneywhore, your fine.  When it goes beyond that... sorry, dude.  you're out.  It's a utilitarian environment here and Bill's system works.  In fact, his system's been working longer than... I don't know, 90% of the other coaches in the league have had their jobs?  There has to be an economic decision made at some point, unfortunately for the guys who try to play hardball, our guy has a masters in economics.  F-you pay me doesn't work here.  This isn't a movie.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from memery26. Show memery26's posts

Kraft has said repeatedly he doesn't get involved in contract negotiations. If it's true that Moss called him to ask about it, it's an amateur move. Would you go to the CEO of your company to ask for a raise?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from markrahobeth. Show markrahobeth's posts

First: 10/1/2010
    Last: 10/8/2010
    what?  man... I don't get this board.  I've lurked for a long time and decided to jump in and get involved and the more I do the more frustrated I get.  

If we buy now, we're not going to get what your looking for.  A pro-bowler.  In a nutshell, that's what you want.  and you know what?  not only do we not have the cap space for one, but why would we pay 3x what we should in compensation to the team we trade with because the fan base is over reacting to a trade of a player who hasn't contributed in a positive way for a season and a quarter?  If not, we're just picking someone off the scrap heap. Sit back, relax and see how it plays out.  Enjoy the rebuilding process.  I understand your passion first hand, but it's part of the ebb and flow of being a fan.  The struggle.  Even now, our leanest years in a decade, we are hyper competitive. Dominant.  We are on the cusp of something very great. Again.  Unless, of coarse, we blow our EXCELLENT collective draft position to win another game or two in a down year (see Dallas, Washington).  

On the other hand, don't discount the man who runs the team.  He's done more with less (see 01).  

Our team and management is so far ahead of the pack, you'd think we were losing the race but in reality, we're about to lap the competition.

Extremely well said, thank you.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from cryochiller. Show cryochiller's posts

I find it amazing that Belichick can walk up and down the sidelines with so many of you swinging from his nuts. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from norichcrybabies. Show norichcrybabies's posts

amuse me.  who does it better?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Sounds like you need to find another team. Bill won't talk about Super Bowls...until he wins it. This team has lost a lot of great players, yet keep turning up a winner. Take a look at recent history in any case. Randy was simply not producing like he did a couple years ago. And he looked like he wasn't giving 100% on every play. Sometimes you have to know when it's time to part ways. This team has seldom been "instant gratification". They're always looking ahead. I fear you have heard all the reasons we are going to get. It's time to move on...the Ravens are next on the block!
    Posted by bubthegrub2

There is only one definition for winner bubba. SB period.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

what?  man... I don't get this board.  I've lurked for a long time and decided to jump in and get involved and the more I do the more frustrated I get.   If we buy now, we're not going to get what your looking for.  A pro-bowler.  In a nutshell, that's what you want.  and you know what?  not only do we not have the cap space for one, but why would we pay 3x what we should in compensation to the team we trade with because the fan base is over reacting to a trade of a player who hasn't contributed in a positive way for a season and a quarter?  If not, we're just picking someone off the scrap heap. Sit back, relax and see how it plays out.  Enjoy the rebuilding process.  I understand your passion first hand, but it's part of the ebb and flow of being a fan.  The struggle.  Even now, our leanest years in a decade, we are hyper competitive. Dominant.  We are on the cusp of something very great. Again.  Unless, of coarse, we blow our EXCELLENT collective draft position to win another game or two in a down year (see Dallas, Washington).   On the other hand, don't discount the man who runs the team.  He's done more with less (see 01).   Our team and management is so far ahead of the pack, you'd think we were losing the race but in reality, we're about to lap the competition. I DO TRUST BILL.
    Posted by norichcrybabies

The '01 team brought the most physicality of all BB's teams. Real smash mouth disposition. Ask the Rams. They were sh itting bricks during that game.

Sections
Shortcuts