Dear Phat Rex

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Dear Phat Rex

Key loses to Jets, which means more than the addition of Cromartie if thats how you spell his name. 

Kerry Rhodes, Leon Washington, Thomas Jones.

Now Calvin Pace goes down for six weeks. 

Holmes.. great pick up as long as d sanchez can pull it together. 

Cant' see how your optimism make sense.  This is still NE's division. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Re: Dear Phat Rex

Let them have their celebration, it will only last a few more weeks.  But maybe they'll win the offseason SB next year too.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Shouldn't let these guys get under your skin.  They've been hailed champions so let them have their time in the sun.  Reality is about to hit them hard.  And like all trolls they pick the time to show up.  So if the Jets lose don't expect to see Phat Rex around. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: Dear Phat Rex:
    Let them have their celebration, it will only last a few more weeks.  But maybe they'll win the offseason SB next year too.
    Posted by shenanigan

The saddest thing is that they don't win the offseason SB every year. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In Response to Dear Phat Rex : A big Kerry Rhodes fan are you?  Did you watch him last year?  With the Pats very old and unjury prone RBs, why didn't they go after Jones?  And what did Leon do last year? Of course, the better question is what would he do this year with three pins in his leg?  I suspect that you'd be perfectly content winning the division and getting crushed in the first round again. 
    Posted by PhatRex

We didn't go after Thomas for the same reason we didn't go after LT, and that's because we do like our version of old RB's with a hope Maroney might do something and I'm ok with that (Brady slingin the ball don't forget).  Leon was a special teams killer with his punt and KO returns, and dynamic catching out of the back field, which LT should amke up for.  But LT has been wearing down and he NEEDS to stay health for d. sanchez.  Then you are counting on Greene who is not exactly proven and gets injured with his hard running style.  So who is going to step up if he gets hurt? LT?

But at least you recognize we will win the division, and you're right that I am holding out hope but that's directed to our defense.  This offense has more dynamic to it now that it has had in years.  

I am not even trying to hate.  Everything I said is factual.  It's right there. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In Response to Re: Dear Phat Rex : LT is one year removed from a string a great years.  Greene is unproven, yet quite clearly promising.  Mauroney is proven.. proven to be a bust.  The others are many years removed from anything substantial, quite injury prone amd OLD.  By your logic three 35 year old backs are better than one 32 year old and a very good second year man who lead the NFL in rushing in the playoffs.  Again, Leon was good, in 2008.  In 2009, mostly he was hurt.  Last time I saw Brady in real action was against the Ravens - 23/42-154-2-3.  Ouch.
    Posted by PhatRex

Over the man's whole career you point out that game...  I mean you say it as if our QB is a questionable player.  Let's get serious Rex.  Stick to making fun of our RB's because and I will admit you can, as well as the fact that I can make fun of your RB's.  Maroney has been a bust, because he has not been healthy.  If he stay's healthy we know what he can do, and I know this is a big IF, but thats why we have three other RB's regardless of age.  You have only 2, and promise in Greene means crap, because it's hope and not proven.  I could say ther same thing about our defense all day, but I will wait n see.  So don't use your promise as reasoning because it's weak and inefficient in this debate. 

And I guess I have to add this since you called out Brady.

Your QB is sanchez..... Yes.... Sanchez... keep TB outa your mouth you fool.  That was the last thing to go after in this debate.  I don't even need to say anything, but for the fun of killing time I will.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In Response to Re: Dear Phat Rex : You're right, they are cheap, but they did need a good running back.  BTW, they are both the same contract, 2 year/5 mil. 
    Posted by PhatRex

That's his point!  Pat's didn't want to shell that out.  We have four RB's who are capable, and don't say they are not, all then less that amount.  And we could throw in BJGE in there too if you want. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In Response to Re: Dear Phat Rex : Sanchez last game - 18/31-302-2-1.  So, you prefer the guy who has shown he is a bust/can't stay in the game combined with some washed up old, injury prone has beens to young and promising combined with HOF accomplished running receiving threat a year removed from 1100 yards?  I guess there is some confidence in knowing exactly what you have. 
    Posted by PhatRex

Greene literally had the same rookie season as Laurence, and ended it the same way with an injury...  careful, because his running style calls for injury's.

HOF or not, he is a 31 year old that has injury's occur right before the Playoff's like 4 years straight. 

Once again, I do have confidence in what we have.  Some how you keep missing that.  What I was saying is you better off with Thomas Jones. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

wow you just compared Sanchez to Brady again.  What's wrong with you? This is beyond Pats and Jets man.  This debate has no precedence.  Your are just outa line. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Umm how did I live in the past... I am not taking an individual game like you did comparing d sanchez and Brady, but rather a consistency in each player that we have mentioned so far.

What's the deal man, you're drowning here, ya can't keep your head above water in this dabate. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Wow... your something 20 old back is also being backed up by a something 30 year old back...

Why do you keep doing this to yourself.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Yes, and when did he miss all those games? I can't remember his last playoff appearence. 

And no believe it or not, I don't think he likes me anyhow. 

And you just went back to 2008... still living in the past, huh?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In Response to Re: Dear Phat Rex : dawhat?
    Posted by PhatRex

Not sure what you're having trouble with. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Little boy?

Well on that note this lost it's 'context'.  Your futile attempt to make valid points, because you keep reiterating the same stuff... If LT makes you happy with Greene, so be it.  But your RB question mark is just as big as our's if not worse. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

guys why are we worried about a team that hasn't won a Super Bowl since 1969??????

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

Hey Rex.  Since we are talking Brady vs. Sancez.  i have one question.  GOT RINGS

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rosmay. Show rosmay's posts

The Pats are still division champs and will continue to be until some one takes it from them. I wouldn't bet on the Jets; they haven't won anything since, what was it -- 1965? They look good on paper, but the game isplayed within the lines and not on paper.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Saw that the Jest cut Kevin O'Connell...couldn't beat out Kellen Clemens for the clip board on a run-first team...I'm glad the Pat's never had to rely on him. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

I didnt bother reading most of this thread.  I will just let you know that Rhodes is addition by subtraction.  He is soft and an excuse maker, no longer a playmaker like he was before he signed his big contract.  Jones is gone and so is Washington.  We have seen Greene run well, he just needs to stay healthy.  LT has shown that he still has the burst speed that we lacked with Jones.  LT beat a CB around the corner in the last game, I am sold that he is healed and ready for the season.  We picked up Holmes as well on offense.  You forgot to mention him.  He has been looking crisp in the preseason and will get his final work for the next 4 weeks on Thursday.

As for pickups on defense, we have Cro who has looked very good in man coverage as well as our number 1 pick in Wilson.  Pats will be a very good test in week 2 on our secondary because you have 2 little guys in edelman and welker.  I am hoping that we can get some rush on Brady and rattle him a bit with some early hits.  We also picked up J.Taylor for a LB and it looks like he will be playing alot against you and the ravens due to C.Paces foot injury.

So, what I expect from the jets is to be a team on the upswing and a team to take the AFC East.  That is what I expect but we will have to fight you and the fish for that.  Its all good over here.  You guys have a lot of 1st and 2nd year players that will have to play very well to live up to the hype your team is getting.  I think 10 wins is a stretch for the 2010 patsies.

Sections
Shortcuts