Dear Underdoggg...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

Dear Underdoggg...

Just wonderin' how you're doin' on this bitter-sweet day in Indy ?

Personally , I've had two all-time favorite Qbs lead my fav teams :

Roger Staubach ( in my misguided youth )

Tom Brady .

I can't even imagine what I'd be feeling if my team was about to cut 'em .

THOUGHTS ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Re: Dear Underdoggg...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

I think the worst part is they are cutting him AND they are a terrible team.

I mean its one thing to have hope and a light at the end of the tunnel, Like when Bledso was released in favor or brady.

But the colts have nothing. a 3-13 team with zero QB's on the roster, almost no talent under contract at any important positions.

God that has to suck knowing your rooting for a jv team for the next 2-3 years.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In Response to Dear Underdoggg...:
    [QUOTE] Just wonderin' how you're doin' on this bitter-sweet day in Indy ? Personally , I've had two all-time favorite Qb lead my teams : Roger Staubach ( in my misguided youth ) Tom Brady . I can't even imagine what I'd be feeling if my team was about to cut 'em . THOUGHTS ?
    Posted by CaptnFoxboro[/QUOTE]

So much for that "Peyton will restructure his contract" nonsense.

I guess playing for Indy isn't that special after all.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Dear Underdoggg...:
    [QUOTE]Based on the talent level on the Colt roster and the fact that they will be starting a rookie QB IMO they are looking at 3 years of mediocrity at best.
    Posted by jri37[/QUOTE]

Maybe more. Cosell (one of the best film guys in the industry) said even though his mechanics are good, and he's good at reading a D Luck is a touch passer that won't have the velocity to throw a ball into tight spaces. Hrm, that means they will need to build a WR core around Luck that can gainer separation easily otherwise Luck is going to get picked and picked often in the Pro's

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffab. Show jeffab's posts

Poor UD.  He was so busy re-hashing Spygate and how terrible it was compared to Bountygate, that he didn't see this one coming.  Been pretty quiet since last night.  I wouldn't imagine he'll be back to take his medicine any time soon.

This will one day come with Brady and the Pats - although I imagine it will be handled better even if Brady doesn't retire a Patriot, which we certainly hope he does. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

i just found video of him:

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

UD6 is busy polishing up his forehead in a last ditch ceremonial effort to win back Mr. Forehead himself. He's also resorted to feverishly licking Oreos while watching his multi-room Direct TV satellite feeds.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

This is how I picture UD

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Good to know #18 will be back.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I think its funny how NO ONE has written an article about how he managed to flim flam the CLOTS brass out of what, $28 MILLION dollars last year without playing a snap?  This is the Great Train Robbery.  The guy was injured way before the negotiations began, had surgery, showed ZERO progress at the time they signed the thing, and didn't play all year and is only NOW throwing with force?  WOW.  This supposed high character guy sure pulled a fast one on the CLOTS.  Give me Brady ANY DAY.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]I think its funny how NO ONE has written an article about how he managed to flim flam the CLOTS brass out of what, $28 MILLION dollars last year without playing a snap?  This is the Great Train Robbery.  The guy was injured way before the negotiations began, had surgery, showed ZERO progress at the time they signed the thing, and didn't play all year and is only NOW throwing with force?  WOW.  This supposed high character guy sure pulled a fast one on the CLOTS.  Give me Brady ANY DAY.  
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

Worst part Dave was that hopes he would return kept them from placing him on IR. Sitting on the bench he ate up a ton of cap space which they did in fact lose depth at the time and could have used to resign players early that they could potentially lost this year. Just shows you that Manning was not about the team at all, because if he was he would have taken a hit knowing he was injured to minimize the damage to the team that year. Maybe having a fair portion of that first years salary incentive based?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

So will UnderDog now cheer for the Cardinals?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Capy fox - bittersweet day for sure.  I admit I was wrong.  I expected Manning back. 

I am unemotionally trying to weed through the bits of the press conference that I saw.  Its clear that the colts weren't going to pay Manning the bonus, but I expected them to figure something out. 

Manning said the decision had nothing to do with money.  The comments that struck me most from what I saw were I Irsay's comments that part of his thinking was that he wanted Manning to have an opportunity to succeed, and implicitly suggested that Manning wouldn't have that opportunity with the colts.  He said the colts were in rebuilding mode and 3 years away.  If that is absolutely true, then Irsay gave Manning one of the classiest outs in sports history. 

Everything I saw made me proud to be a colts fan and a manning fan.

Those of you making fun of the emotion of the presser, must not have seen Brady's special earlier in the year.  There isn't enough room in his new pool to contain those tears. 

Jeff - for the record, I didn't rehash spygate.  That was one of your fellow fans who started a thread with the title.  Pezz and Babe wanted to argue semantics, and I was happy to do that.  There's no medicine to be taken, and the pundits are claiming it may have been the classiest departure presser ever.  Your just jealous.  You know it can't be done any better.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I'm sure he will be fine. Despite what he tells us here, Im sure he knew what the outcome would be.

I havent seen anyone else like him who has been a fan of a longtime rival team that is here everyday and actually knows more about our team than most Pats fans.  I believe he is preparing to switch up and become a pats fan. He is here so much, there must be a reason. Even last year w/Manning out, he was a regular here.

What do you say guys.....Should we make him an interim Pats fan until his teams gets back on the map....??

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Hey UD,

Now matter what Manning or Irsay say it was all about the money in the end. Irsay paid Manning 20+mil last year to ride the pine and he wasn't about to pay Manning 28+mil this year either to do the same.

Manning on the flip side sounded emotional that this was the only team he played for after 14 years. If he was so connected to the team wouldn't he take a massive pay cut in order to stay with the team after receiving 20+mil for doing nothing the previous year? Manning knows so team will give him 10+mil next year and he wants the money in the end not to remain with the only team he's only known.

That's just how the NFL is now a days, a business. Nether side can get angry over the other because of the shear amount of money being tossed around. Back in the days when players had part time jobs loyalty was king but know a days it's all about the cash

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

shizz - couldn't be more of a colts fan than I am today. 

Ironically, I went to the gym over lunch and watched some of the presser while on an elliptical.  As I was leaving, in walked Jeff George of all people. 

Thought this must be a fairly disappointing day for him. No one in the last 30 years had more of an opportunity to be this city's favorite guy (as a true local)than him, not Greg Oden, not Eric Gordon, not Jeff Gordon, and he just didn't take advantage of it.  Its got to bother him that he didn't make more of himself. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

[QUOTE]Capy fox - bittersweet day for sure.  I admit I was wrong.  I expected Manning back.  I am unemotionally trying to weed through the bits of the press conference that I saw.  Its clear that the colts weren't going to pay Manning the bonus, but I expected them to figure something out.  Manning said the decision had nothing to do with money.  The comments that struck me most from what I saw were I Irsay's comments that part of his thinking was that he wanted Manning to have an opportunity to succeed, and implicitly suggested that Manning wouldn't have that opportunity with the colts.  He said the colts were in rebuilding mode and 3 years away.  If that is absolutely true, then Irsay gave Manning one of the classiest outs in sports history.  Everything I saw made me proud to be a colts fan and a manning fan. Those of you making fun of the emotion of the presser, must not have seen Brady's special earlier in the year.  There isn't enough room in his new pool to contain those tears.  Jeff - for the record, I didn't rehash spygate.  That was one of your fellow fans who started a thread with the title.  Pezz and Babe wanted to argue semantics, and I was happy to do that.  There's no medicine to be taken, and the pundits are claiming it may have been the classiest departure presser ever.  Your just jealous.  You know it can't be done any better.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Just saw part of the presser, you should be proud of #18.  I gained some respect for Irsay as well.  Anyway, I cant congratulate you so I will just tell you that your organization just rose a notch in my books. 

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]Capy fox - bittersweet day for sure.  I admit I was wrong.  I expected Manning back.  I am unemotionally trying to weed through the bits of the press conference that I saw.  Its clear that the colts weren't going to pay Manning the bonus, but I expected them to figure something out.  Manning said the decision had nothing to do with money.  The comments that struck me most from what I saw were I Irsay's comments that part of his thinking was that he wanted Manning to have an opportunity to succeed, and implicitly suggested that Manning wouldn't have that opportunity with the colts.  He said the colts were in rebuilding mode and 3 years away.  If that is absolutely true, then Irsay gave Manning one of the classiest outs in sports history.  Everything I saw made me proud to be a colts fan and a manning fan. Those of you making fun of the emotion of the presser, must not have seen Brady's special earlier in the year.  There isn't enough room in his new pool to contain those tears.  Jeff - for the record, I didn't rehash spygate.  That was one of your fellow fans who started a thread with the title.  Pezz and Babe wanted to argue semantics, and I was happy to do that.  There's no medicine to be taken, and the pundits are claiming it may have been the classiest departure presser ever.  Your just jealous.  You know it can't be done any better.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Dog
    You are such a liar.  Here is your first post on the subject and mind you the conversation was well under way without your 2 cents.

I was almost feeling bad for you, that is until you reminded me why I shouldn't.

spygate was cheating as much as taunting in the endzone or bumping a ref is cheating. you broke a rule, you didnt cheat.
    Posted by couldntthinkofone

You mean you can gain a competitive edge over an entire defense by taunting?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dear Underdoggg... : Yeah, that's a well run organization alright. It's not every day that teams sign players coming off neck surgery to 90 million dollars contracts without administering a physical.
    Posted by jri37[/QUOTE]

I just meant that it ended classy on his part, thats all.  Good luck UD6, I am sure this is a tough day for you.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dear Underdoggg... : I just meant that it ended classy on his part, thats all.  Good luck UD6, I am sure this is a tough day for you.
    Posted by WeDerrWEDAT[/QUOTE]

ironic that big head todd sang at the superbowl celebration - bittersweet, more sweet than bitter - bitter than sweet.

Ah the foreshadowing.

Sections
Shortcuts