Dear Underdoggg...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Dear Underdoggg...

In Response to Re: Dear Underdoggg...:
    Capy fox - bittersweet day for sure.  I admit I was wrong.  I expected Manning back.  I am unemotionally trying to weed through the bits of the press conference that I saw.  Its clear that the colts weren't going to pay Manning the bonus, but I expected them to figure something out.  Manning said the decision had nothing to do with money.  The comments that struck me most from what I saw were I Irsay's comments that part of his thinking was that he wanted Manning to have an opportunity to succeed, and implicitly suggested that Manning wouldn't have that opportunity with the colts.  He said the colts were in rebuilding mode and 3 years away.  If that is absolutely true, then Irsay gave Manning one of the classiest outs in sports history.  Everything I saw made me proud to be a colts fan and a manning fan. Those of you making fun of the emotion of the presser, must not have seen Brady's special earlier in the year.  There isn't enough room in his new pool to contain those tears.  Jeff - for the record, I didn't rehash spygate.  That was one of your fellow fans who started a thread with the title.  Pezz and Babe wanted to argue semantics, and I was happy to do that.  There's no medicine to be taken, and the pundits are claiming it may have been the classiest departure presser ever.  Your just jealous.  You know it can't be done any better.
    Posted by UD6

You're wrong about 95% of the time. But that's because you have an agenda that starts and ends with Manning.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Jeff George!

I bet he still can sling it. I.j.s

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

He says he can.  He looks pretty fit.  I don't recall that he was ever seriously injured, but he's 45 yrs old. 

As an all around athlete, he was one of the best ever in our state.  Football, baseball, basketball. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffab. Show jeffab's posts

Capy fox - bittersweet day for sure.  I admit I was wrong.  I expected Manning back.  I am unemotionally trying to weed through the bits of the press conference that I saw.  Its clear that the colts weren't going to pay Manning the bonus, but I expected them to figure something out.  Manning said the decision had nothing to do with money.  The comments that struck me most from what I saw were I Irsay's comments that part of his thinking was that he wanted Manning to have an opportunity to succeed, and implicitly suggested that Manning wouldn't have that opportunity with the colts.  He said the colts were in rebuilding mode and 3 years away.  If that is absolutely true, then Irsay gave Manning one of the classiest outs in sports history.  Everything I saw made me proud to be a colts fan and a manning fan. Those of you making fun of the emotion of the presser, must not have seen Brady's special earlier in the year.  There isn't enough room in his new pool to contain those tears.  Jeff - for the record, I didn't rehash spygate.  That was one of your fellow fans who started a thread with the title.  Pezz and Babe wanted to argue semantics, and I was happy to do that.  There's no medicine to be taken, and the pundits are claiming it may have been the classiest departure presser ever.  Your just jealous.  You know it can't be done any better.
    Posted by UD6

1) - You DID re-hash Spygate by putting in your 2 cents and arguing with any and all Patriots fans on a Pats forum.

2)  Sure, it's classy.  It's classy to take $26 million to sit on your rear end, not take a pay cut, and then get lauded as a hero because you want to take more money to play somewhere else after the Colts paid you handsomely your entire career.

3)  Your medicine was taken in the first sentence you wrote - being wrong.  You seem to do that a lot.

If you were a less grating, obnoxious, and arrogant fan, I would have an iota of pity for you as you watch your team fall off into oblivion.  However, you are what you are, even coming on a Pats board to take shots at Brady when you should be crying over beers with your fellow Colts fans.

You reap what you sow.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Capy fox - bittersweet day for sure.  I admit I was wrong.  I expected Manning back.  I am unemotionally trying to weed through the bits of the press conference that I saw.  Its clear that the colts weren't going to pay Manning the bonus, but I expected them to figure something out.  Manning said the decision had nothing to do with money. 
    Posted by UD6

When they say it isn't about the money then it really is about the money.

Yes, must be a very strange and sad day as a Colts fan.  Will be even stranger when the season starts and he is playing QB for another team.

I too thought Manning and the Colts would work something out and that he would stay one more year.  Hard to say what I would have done if I was Irsay.  28 million is a ton of money but it would have been very nice for the Colts to have Manning there another year showing Luck the ropes.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffab. Show jeffab's posts

Dogg - go have some beers, come back here and apologize to everyone for being a pain in the neck (pun intended) and we can talk rebuilding/draft.  You're a much more enjoyable person when you have a few in you!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffab. Show jeffab's posts

In Response to Re: Dear Underdoggg... : ironic that big head todd sang at the superbowl celebration - bittersweet, more sweet than bitter - bitter than sweet. Ah the foreshadowing.
    Posted by UD6

....I thought you were going to make your own Manning forehead joke.  In all seriousness, that's a great song.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

shizz - couldn't be more of a colts fan than I am today.  Ironically, I went to the gym over lunch and watched some of the presser while on an elliptical.  As I was leaving, in walked Jeff George of all people.  Thought this must be a fairly disappointing day for him. No one in the last 30 years had more of an opportunity to be this city's favorite guy (as a true local)than him, not Greg Oden, not Eric Gordon, not Jeff Gordon, and he just didn't take advantage of it.  Its got to bother him that he didn't make more of himself. 
    Posted by UD6

Hey what a cowinky-dink. I was watching at the gym on the eliptical also!!! Only difference is I am sure I was not as sad as you but I will miss the Colts Pats game every year. That is the game I look forward too every season.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: Dear Underdoggg... : When they say it isn't about the money then it really is about the money. Yes, must be a very strange and sad day as a Colts fan.  Will be even stranger when the season starts and he is playing QB for another team. I too thought Manning and the Colts would work something out and that he would stay one more year.  Hard to say what I would have done if I was Irsay.  28 million is a ton of money but it would have been very nice for the Colts to have Manning there another year showing Luck the ropes.
    Posted by TFB12

I suspect you are right, but somewhere (and its probably just my bias) I still believe that Irsay would be willing to pay Manning whatever anyone offered him.  Maybe not.  Maybe Irsay told Manning, this is what I can do for you, and Manning said no thanks. 

What I do know is that regardless of the true reason (if it is different than they stated), they kept it under wraps in a way that allows us only to speculate. 

One thing you mentioned that I think figured into this is that Manning doesn't want to play for just a year.  He thinks he's got at least 4 years left.  If that's the case, and you intend to keep Manning, you can't draft Luck.  You have to trade the pick.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Peyton did handle this with some class. Irsay was never going to pay the bonus. Colts fans better hope Andrew Luck isn't a Jeff George redux. I'd have a hard time spotting George on the bench press. Since he can basically need no help at anything.

The real sub-plot here is who do the Colts sign from that receiving corps (Wayne, Garcon). It`s getting pretty sychophantic on the NFL Network. He pioneered the forward pass....really !

Peyton vs. Eli in NFC East (Snyder and Skins) duel would be a license to print money.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In Response to Re: Dear Underdoggg... : I suspect you are right, but somewhere (and its probably just my bias) I still believe that Irsay would be willing to pay Manning whatever anyone offered him.  Maybe not.  Maybe Irsay told Manning, this is what I can do for you, and Manning said no thanks.  What I do know is that regardless of the true reason (if it is different than they stated), they kept it under wraps in a way that allows us only to speculate.  One thing you mentioned that I think figured into this is that Manning doesn't want to play for just a year.  He thinks he's got at least 4 years left.  If that's the case, and you intend to keep Manning, you can't draft Luck.  You have to trade the pick.
    Posted by UD6

Hello?  Earth to Doggg, Earth to Dogg....
    Of course it's about cash.
    $$$$=cap
    no $$$$$=no cap.
    If they wanted to keep Manning for the next 4 years (which he was under contract for), they could have and drafted the best player that was NOT a QB, or traded the pick for many more. Perhaps Manning's replacement in a couple of years.
    Manning's contract killed them.  They had no $$$$ to sign any one else.
    Now they do.  All for the sake of being the highest paid QB eva.
    The plan's been in place for a year.  Don't be naive or Blind !

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Hannah,

The difference between someone like George and Luck or Manning, (imo) is that George was THE guy in his family growing up.  Some would suggest, although I don't know, that his parents were enablers as opposed to parents. 

Its not like George did anything wrong - he didn't - but he was the family's "ticket", if you understand what I am saying. 

In both Luck and Manning's case, their father's were professional athletes themselves and significantly successful in their own right.  They could raise their children in a way that demanded a work ethic, based on their own personal knowledge of what it takes to succeed.  George didn't have parents that had "been there" to teach him beyond his talent.  His talent was incredible, but by the time he reached college, I don't think he thought he required anything else. 

I don't see that in Manning or Luck.

If Luck doesn't make it, imo, it will be because of his talent, not because he thinks he doesn't have to work at his craft any longer. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: Dear Underdoggg... : Hello?  Earth to Doggg, Earth to Dogg.... Of course it's about cash. $$$$=cap no $$$$$=no cap. If they wanted to keep Manning for the next 4 years (which he was under contract for), they could have and drafted the best player that was NOT a QB, or traded the pick for many more. Perhaps Manning's replacement in a couple of years. Manning's contract killed them.  They had no $$$$ to sign any one else. Now they do.  All for the sake of being the highest paid QB eva. The plan's been in place for a year.  Don't be naive or Blind !
    Posted by pezz4pats

my comments weren't suggesting they pay him based on the contract he signed last year but that they work out an alternate deal that could have made sense for both.  I can't imagine someone's going to give him something in the neighborhood of what he had left on his deal with the colts.  I just don't see an 18 mill per deal coming his way.   

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Jim Irsay's favorite word during the press conference was "um".

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Its a great word.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

UD

Under Shizz recommendation I second the motion to consider you a Pats fan, albeit one who loves blue and white and #18.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Jim Irsay's favorite word during the press conference was "um".
    Posted by DoNotSleepOnThePats

Ummm, it drove me, ummm crazy!  I have noticed that he uses that crutch a lot in all his press conferences.  Ummm, I would ummm, imagine that with as much public speaking that he must do that he, ummm, would have gotten rid of that crutch a long time ago.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

This is nothing to cheer about.  Great players are what make the NFL or any other league great.  When a great player leaves the team they are synonymous with it's never the same.  But hey, I've never recovered fully from Bird and Magic leaving the NBA.  Manning will probably play a year somewhere else, realize it isn't the same, and retire.  Sad to see it end that way.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In Response to Re: Dear Underdoggg... : my comments weren't suggesting they pay him based on the contract he signed last year but that they work out an alternate deal that could have made sense for both.  I can't imagine someone's going to give him something in the neighborhood of what he had left on his deal with the colts.  I just don't see an 18 mill per deal coming his way.   
    Posted by UD6

Well, if they found it beneficial to keep him, they would have.  If he still has 4 years in him then the only thing stopping them was money.  Do you think he would have played for what they are going to pay Luck?  Or less? Don't think so!
    He'll get much more in the open market providing he can play for 4 years.
    That's also a BIG If.
    Would you go out and buy a brand new shiny car or keep the 14yr old one that keeps breaking down and is costing you more in repairs than the new one would cost in car payments?   They're going for the newer and ultimately cheaper car.
    They were just buying time until that 2012 model came out.  The one they really wanted.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Well UD6,

It IS a sad day..we've lost a great rival, and it also is a reminder that we fans are also getting older. 

There are always players you remember, and you either cheer for them or against them...but they could play football.  There's no doubt about Peyton.

Cheers to getting back on the block with Andrew Luck..we'll be waiting for ya.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

LOL the "reason" manning couldn't have success in Indy was because they went dumpster diving for draft picks and refused to keep him and sell the #1 off.  That is all the truth there is there.  They were angry at him for misleading them, at Polian for being so stupid, and just wanted to wash their hands and walk.  If it was "classy" (stupidest term EVER used) there wouldn't have been a b1tch fight going into and during the Superbowl.  Now PM is a carpetbagger, but he is much richer for it.  I'm betting he doesn't end up in Miami, too much competition for him.  NFC West or AFC West sounds about right.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Good to know #18 will be back.
    Posted by NYC

Nobody knows for sure whether he'll be back at 100%, if at all...yet. Any team who takes Peyton on will have to deal with a 36 year old QB, with injury concerns.

If he is able to go, I see him fitting in best in Miami. Houston should be another place for him to consider. In Houston, if he's anything close to what he was, he could do some serious damage.  

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

so you say not to make fun of manning crying and then you make fun of brady crying

hypocrite

Posted by UD6

Sections
Shortcuts