Debate Topic - Scarnecchia HOF?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: Debate Topic - Scarnecchia HOF?

Right after the cheerleading coach gets in.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

On the one hand...it's hard for me to imagine a coach, not even a coordinator, but a positional coach making the HOF.

On the other hand, he's happily stayed coaching one position for about 25 years, and by choice. He's also been the best at that, people started to question him this year, then Week 4 came and went, and everyone reverted back to their original thoughts that he's the best ever.

He's also been called the "Lineman Whisperer" from time to time. Oh, that's just me? Well, anyway.

After all is said and done, I think 'no' at this point. If Solder and Cannon end up reaching their potential and being 2 very good OLineman, maybe I'll change my opinion.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Forget it, I try to post his career resume and it gets all messed up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dante_Scarnecchia

He's been the 'assistant head coach' since 2000 as well, maybe that helps his case.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

No. He's only a position coach, an excellant one though. Great coordinators do not make the hall of fame, so an even lower coach shouldn't.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

prolly for Patriot HOF, maybe not for regular HOF.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Hey, if John Clayton can get into the Hall of Fame, I'm all for Dante!

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Media people in the halls of fame has always been a joke (in all sports).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Scarnecchia is one he11 of a football coach.  What he has done with the O-line in particular has been impressive.  HOF?  Is there a position coach in the HOF?  Regardless if there is or isn't if anyone is at least deserving of mention it's Scar.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

I don't know Rusty, Dante is the best O-line coach out there and the fact that he's been doing this for such a long time helps too. He always has the line playing well together as a team, no matter who's out there. That said , I don't think they would put an offensive line coach in the hall. I would have said the same thing about an espn reporter too though, ridiculous .

Sections
Shortcuts