Deciding which jersey to buy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: Deciding which jersey to buy

In Response to Re: Deciding which jersey to buy:
    What you call "stupidity" and "retarded", I call being a good fan! 
    Posted by IndianaPatsFan

Right on! Any fool can by a Brady jersey. Real fans appreciate the contributions of guys further down the roster. While we're talking about long snappers, how about Jake Ingram? He's probably here for a while. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LeLeon-. Show LeLeon-'s posts

Is it a prerequisite of every NE fan to own every piece of team logo gear offered by the local sports teams??

another quick question-Is it mandatory to place the tacky team logo stickers of every team from the boston area on the back of your vehicles?

Last question-Do you people with those horrible accents face paint the day of or the night before the game??

LOL

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

There is only thing more pathetic than a grown man wearing a replica jersey with some other guy's name on it.

So my advice to "jersey" guy is . . .

get a  #12, but have your own name sewn on the back.

The chicks go wild over that sh*t.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Is it a prerequisite of every NE fan to own every piece of team logo gear offered by the local sports teams?? another quick question-Is it mandatory to place the tacky team logo stickers of every team from the boston area on the back of your vehicles? Last question-Do you people with those horrible accents face paint the day of or the night before the game?? LOL
    Posted by LeLeon-

~Leon's right on here...Not only is it a lesser-known-fact that New England Pat's Fans invented the sport's team bumper sticker, but ANYone putting on complete Team colors, Jersey, matching pants and all is a tool; I mean, I can only imagine in my mind's eye, the ultimate l#ser archetype for this sort of behavior: 

He'd have to be squeezing his 400 lb frame into the pathetic team's colors, and I picture him gyratting his massive body to spell out the team's name to thousands of other id#ot people...oh, He'd also be wearing something dumb on his noggin too...Let's see...Something at both ridiculous AND nonsensical...I GOT It!  A firehat, also painted in gaudy team colors.  LOL!  I mean Can You ONLY imagine IF this was a reality, and What kind of TEAM this type of person represented, Man, IF only...

of note:  Your Posts are improving each time Leon...  Although you're increasing in the ambiguous cynicism department, You're also adding in slowly but surely, what we talked about before...a "point."

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

Is it a prerequisite of every NE fan to own every piece of team logo gear offered by the local sports teams?? another quick question-Is it mandatory to place the tacky team logo stickers of every team from the boston area on the back of your vehicles? Last question-Do you people with those horrible accents face paint the day of or the night before the game?? LOL
    Posted by LeLeon-

I guess you've never been to Indianapolis.  It is by far the worst city for want-a-be's.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

In Response to Re: Deciding which jersey to buy : ~ Leon's right on here...Not only is it a lesser-known-fact that New England Pat's Fans invented the sport's team bumper sticker, but ANY one putting on complete Team colors, Jersey, matching pants and all is a tool; I mean, I can only imagine in my mind's eye, the ultimate l#ser archetype for this sort of behavior:  He'd have to be squeezing his 400 lb frame into the pathetic team's colors, and I picture him gyratting his massive body to spell out the team's name to thousands of other id#ot people...oh, He'd also be wearing something dumb on his noggin too...like a firehat or something, also painted in gaudy team colors.  LOL!  I mean Can You ONLY imagine IF this was a reality, and What kind of TEAM this type of person represented, Man, IF only...
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium

Then sign me up as a complete tool, from my ridiculously overpriced authentic TFB #12 jersey to my new Pats Reeboks. Truth be told, I've got about 225 lbs till I reach 400, so I don't completely qualify by your definition. Glad to see everyone is so open minded here.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

There is only thing more pathetic than a grown man wearing a replica jersey with some other guy's name on it. So my advice to "jersey" guy is . . . get a  #12, but have your own name sewn on the back. The chicks go wild over that sh*t.
    Posted by prairiemike

Don't be that guy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

In Response to Re: Deciding which jersey to buy : Then sign me up as a complete tool, from my ridiculously overpriced authentic TFB #12 jersey to my new Pats Reeboks. Truth be told, I've got about 225 lbs till I reach 400, so I don't completely qualify by your definition. Glad to see everyone is so open minded here.
    Posted by seattlemaslow

And by the way, the first thing BB did when I asked to take my picture with him was look at my pathetic jersey before he said "sure, snap it." Had I been too cool for school like you  in my non-logo'd street clothes, I wouldn't have a pic like this. Beat that, suckers.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: Deciding which jersey to buy : Okay, you KNOW I'm going to respond to this!!!!! For your information, Gulo, these two guys played with the team for like seven or eight years. And they were very good players for us- they had to be or BB would have kicked them to the curb. So go ahead and wear your Brady jersey every Sunday until it wears out. I almost never wear mine, because Golden Boy gets all the attention anyway. You see, Gulo, REAL fans don't just follow the superstars. What you call "stupidity" and "retarded", I call being a good fan! Since you seem to know how I should spend my money, what kind of car should I buy? I'll hang up and listen to your answer.
    Posted by IndianaPatsFan

Why does it make you a "good" fan by buying a jersey?
    Are all the fans without a jersey "bad".

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: Deciding which jersey to buy : And by the way, the first thing BB did when I asked to take my picture with him was look at my pathetic jersey before he said "sure, snap it." Had I been too cool for school like you  in my non-logo'd street clothes, I wouldn't have a pic like this. Beat that, suckers.
    Posted by seattlemaslow

Maybe he just felt bad for you.

While I can't say I know the mind of BB, I am pretty sure that generally he would pose with a fan who asked regardless of the shirt they were wearing. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from coltiniraq. Show coltiniraq's posts

I heard Fisher's Manning jersey was for sale.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

In Response to Re: Deciding which jersey to buy : Why does it make you a "good" fan by buying a jersey? Are all the fans without a jersey "bad".
    Posted by EnochRoot

No, EnochRoot, I'm not saying fans are "bad" for not buying jerseys. There are lots of ways to be a good Pats fan, and purchasing a jersey is only one of many.

I was being accused of "stupidity" and being "retarded" for buying obscure jerseys, and I was trying to respond to those jabs.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

There is only thing more pathetic than a grown man wearing a replica jersey with some other guy's name on it. So my advice to "jersey" guy is . . . get a  #12, but have your own name sewn on the back. The chicks go wild over that sh*t.
    Posted by prairiemike

You serious? I can't think of a better way to pay tribute to our players than to sport their name on my back! Now a tattoo- that might be pathetic.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: Deciding which jersey to buy : Then sign me up as a complete tool, from my ridiculously overpriced authentic TFB #12 jersey to my new Pats Reeboks. Truth be told, I've got about 225 lbs till I reach 400, so I don't completely qualify by your definition. Glad to see everyone is so open minded here.
    Posted by seattlemaslow

That's good Seattlemaslow, as I'm # 230 lbs...  I'm glad I have to spell it out here word for word to those in the-  no...no, I don't wanna get in further trouble here:  Look, Seattle, Our Neighborhood #1 Troll, Leon, Was making fun of People who wear Team Jerseys and act ridiculously, WHILE probably the more famous SINGLE fan in the ENTIRE league, Has been a Jet's Season-Ticket Fan for years, and they've shown him on Sport's Shows for years now, trying to rile the Jet's Fans while up in the bleachers as He dons his Jet's Jersey and Pants, his Green FIREMAN'S HAT, and then gyrates his body to form and LEAD the whole crowd in the "J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets, Jets!", thing they do (and which he ALWAYS starts and leads)... 

You're a good poster Seattle, but do some soul-searching, after you realize LEON knew what I was talking about and YOU did not...scarry (to "spell things out" even further: as I was being sarcastic to his hypocracy about Pat's Fans being the ONLY ones that are wild and zany...they're obviously not...sorry, I thought I played my sarcasm off of most NFL Fans could understand (i.e. green Fireman's Hat)...I was wrong however)...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

In Response to Re: Deciding which jersey to buy : No, EnochRoot, I'm not saying fans are "bad" for not buying jerseys. There are lots of ways to be a good Pats fan, and purchasing a jersey is only one of many. I was being accused of "stupidity" and being "retarded" for buying obscure jerseys, and I was trying to respond to those jabs.
    Posted by IndianaPatsFan

Support the team in the way that you see fit. The judgement on here is pretty heavy.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: Deciding which jersey to buy : Support the team in the way that you see fit. The judgement on here is pretty heavy.
    Posted by seattlemaslow

I am not judging the wearing of the shirts. I am judging the comments that support it.

It doesn't make you a "good" fan and I seriously doubt BB would have denied the photo op if you were in non-logoed apparel. Kooky talk.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

i'm not a big jersey guy, but i would only get a jersey of an established player so you don't get burned. i'm sure you have Brady, but that's a safe play.  you can always wear a bruschi.  he is retired but still a Patriot and always will be.  same with harrison if you have one.  troy brown is another good one.  if you are looking for a current player, kevin faulk is the one i am considering.

getting one of the young guns is tough because you never know what will happen.  Mayo would probably be your best bet there. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Well, Hitler was a jersey kind of guy. Loved T.O. so I understand.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Well, Hitler was a jersey kind of guy. Loved T.O. so I understand. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzYsiNZgZ7M&feature=fvsre2
    Posted by EnochRoot

Root:

Firs, Did you know they did one of these for he Pats after the Perfect Season SB (catastrophe)? 

Also, I can actually picture Hitler in some ugly throwback jersey (ala Broncos), His face he accidentally painted the wrong team colors, and he's enjoying a corndog...Then it falls off the wooden-stick, and he just freaks.  I'm sorry man, IF You can't laugh at Hitler, there's a problem with you (I know the response from some, but honestly lighten up for once)...

Maybe it's wrong, but the again, I firmly believe his garbage wouldn't fly in America...A guy looking like that screaming and sweating profusely, promises of golden trinkets and whatever as long as we KNOW that the Easter Bunny, or whomever, is to blame for ALL EVERYone's problems...  We're too cynical, multi-opioned, and rugged individualist over here...We laugh at m#rons like this one, Until we get sick of laughing and just lock him up and throw away the key... 

And so In the end, When I think of Hiler, I think of him screaming like a nutcase to his kow-towing masses, (the German Language noone will ever say is a pretty, quaint, and laid-back one)...I picture the words all broken and harsh consonants, "ICH-Snoch, Mik-HEIL, VONiqs, Mi-CHASTRATEEE!!!!!"...and then I picture the T.V. translation as being totally flamboyantly effeminate like, "We shall hold hands in the hay, as we watch bumblebees and smell pretty dafodills...I'll make a poem for you, and then we'll cry and later play ring-around-the-rosie and skip home."  Anyway, right or wrong, that's the German fuhrer for me in a nutshell... 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

In Response to Re: Deciding which jersey to buy : I am not judging the wearing of the shirts. I am judging the comments that support it. It doesn't make you a "good" fan and I seriously doubt BB would have denied the photo op if you were in non-logoed apparel. Kooky talk.
    Posted by EnochRoot

The judgement comment certainly wasn't directed solely at you. Other folks have used words like "pathetic" etc. If that's not a judgmental word, it's certainly a pejorative one. Glad we're all fans here...And feel free to disagree on the photo thing. I was there in SF and saw him walk past throngs who wanted the same thing I did and now I'm one of the few--if not only--one who has a pretty sweet souvenir.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from notanegativefan. Show notanegativefan's posts

get a 90's Troy Brown jersey, or Ben Coats, that would be sweet

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hollywood. Show hollywood's posts

I have two jerseys. A Tom Brady that I wear in Oakland and my John Hannah that I wear every Sunday. I had a Russ Francis jersey as a kid...wish I still had that one...although it might fit my dog better than myself. Meriweather's INT was almost a sale for me.

get a 90's Troy Brown jersey, or Ben Coats, that would be sweet
    Posted by notanegativefan

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hollywood. Show hollywood's posts

Meriweather!!! 2 INT in 5 minutes...sweet.

I have two jerseys. A Tom Brady that I wear in Oakland and my John Hannah that I wear every Sunday. I had a Russ Francis jersey as a kid...wish I still had that one...although it might fit my dog better than myself. Meriweather's INT was almost a sale for me. In Response to Re: Deciding which jersey to buy :
    Posted by hollywood

Sections
Shortcuts