Decision on Burgess likely within a week

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Re: Decision on Burgess likely within a week

Burgess has been a DE his whole career, came to NE and was asked to play OLB.  Although from the couch it looks easy it is not, learning a new scheme and a new position in the line of fire was probably a bit frustrating for the guy.

I think he should come back and compete for a job, he probably won't command a huge salary so what will be the harm?  Pats do not need to reduce their roster until end of August so why not sign him?  He did look better towards the end of season when he gained experience.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Re: Decision on Burgess likely within a week

In Response to Re: Decision on Burgess likely within a week:
    Burgess has been a DE his whole career, came to NE and was asked to play OLB.  Although from the couch it looks easy it is not, learning a new scheme and a new position in the line of fire was probably a bit frustrating for the guy. I think he should come back and compete for a job, he probably won't command a huge salary so what will be the harm?  Pats do not need to reduce their roster until end of August so why not sign him?  He did look better towards the end of season when he gained experience.
    Posted by Pats7393

From what I saw on rotoworld Pats7393 Burgess would probably sign for 1 million or less. I agree get him here on a low end contract and have him compete for a job. I'm sure by August we'll have the annual Shawn Crable IR injury.

Sections
Shortcuts