Decker -Welker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BILLB50. Show BILLB50's posts

Decker -Welker

If Broncos sign Decker,would they cut Welker. Would Pats be interested.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Decker -Welker

Not a chance. That would mean BB admitting he was wrong and do you seriously think he'd do that?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Welker's coming back.

Edelman walks. WW back for 3mil this year.

watch.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Do you think the WW can come back after the hit he put on Talib? Good luck and don't put any money down on that idea.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

it was a joke. BB would rather play the UDFA field than sign WW if he really had no other options

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

This will be very interesting to watch.  I'm not sure which way I would lean here.  There are so many options here. 

I know Denver is worried Decker will leave without giving the Broncos a chance to match the offer received from another team so do the Broncos hurry and try and get a deal done ASAP before Decker goes and fields other offers?  If so and it takes a lot of cash then maybe Welker is gone.  Welker won't be a Patriot again but I could see the Texans going after Welker for a 1 year deal.  But I also see the Texans going after Edelman for a multi year deal.   How about if the Broncos let Welker go, lose out on keeping Decker so they sign Edelman?

As of right now here is what I see happening..

Decker gone from Denver, Welker remains with the Broncos, Edelman to the Texans.

What I would like to see is Decker to the Patriots, Edelman re-signed by the Patriots, Amendola to the Texans and Welker as a Bronco.

Interesting!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Do you think the WW can come back after the hit he put on Talib? Good luck and don't put any money down on that idea.

[/QUOTE]

Agree completely. I think the ship has sailed regarding this. There was a lot of animosity during and after the contract talks and then BB called Welker out on the Talib hit.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BILLB50. Show BILLB50's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not a chance. That would mean BB admitting he was wrong and do you seriously think he'd do that?

[/QUOTE]

But Bb is always looking for what is best for the team.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What I would like to see is Decker to the Patriots, Edelman re-signed by the Patriots, Amendola to the Texans and Welker as a Bronco.

Interesting!!

[/QUOTE]

I know you're pipe dreaming here lol thst would be awesome to get Edelman and Decker!!! but for real if Edelman does walk and Welker is cut, you never know with BB. he could be back

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Decker gone from Denver, Welker remains with the Broncos, Edelman to the Texans.

Interesting!!

I'd like to see Megatron and Gordon as wideouts, Graham and Gronk as TE's and Keep Edelman as a slot. Just kidding.

I do have a question. My take is that Welker and Edelman can shake one on one coverage but Amendola could not all the time. Do people feel this was becasue his  groin injury?

Also the way Seattle shut down Decker not sure we want him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wonderdrums. Show wonderdrums's posts

[QUOTE]

This will be very interesting to watch.  I'm not sure which way I would lean here.  There are so many options here. 

I know Denver is worried Decker will leave without giving the Broncos a chance to match the offer received from another team so do the Broncos hurry and try and get a deal done ASAP before Decker goes and fields other offers?  If so and it takes a lot of cash then maybe Welker is gone.  Welker won't be a Patriot again but I could see the Texans going after Welker for a 1 year deal.  But I also see the Texans going after Edelman for a multi year deal.   How about if the Broncos let Welker go, lose out on keeping Decker so they sign Edelman?

Interesting!!

[/QUOTE]

"What I would like to see is Decker to the Patriots, Edelman re-signed by the Patriots, Amendola to the Texans and Welker as a Bronco."

How does Amendola end up in Houston in this scenario?  I'm not bashing, I'm curious as to how that plays out. Traded for a draft pick? The Pats release him? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'd like to see Megatron and Gordon as wideouts, Graham and Gronk as TE's and Keep Edelman as a slot. Just kidding.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I like your idea too.  And lets get Gonzalez and run 3 TE sets and then if one gets hurt we still have the awesome 2 TE sets.  And don't forget picking up Jamaal Charles for the backfield.  Now over on defense.  We get Talib back, trade for Dick Sherman and bring in TJ Ward, Pick up Linval Joseph, Randy Starks and Michael Johnson as free agents.  Are we missing anyone?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to wonderdrums' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Interesting!!

[/QUOTE]

"What I would like to see is Decker to the Patriots, Edelman re-signed by the Patriots, Amendola to the Texans and Welker as a Bronco."

How does Amendola end up in Houston in this scenario?  I'm not bashing, I'm curious as to how that plays out. Traded for a draft pick? The Pats release him? 

[/QUOTE]

Pats release prior to June deadline.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Never gonna happen.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

If Welker goes cincy could use him as much as geno smith could   Jets have some money and really need someone that smith can go to 5 yards down field. He has to keep the picks down or he's done. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to NYPatsFan12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

tfb12 has also never been right in his entire putrid "life".

hes a fraud jets fan from the west coast who is obsessed with rusty.

down with you tfb12

rusty is king, he conquers

[/QUOTE]

Wow dude seriously, I thought I remember you being different but now it looks like you are just another Rusty clone in hiding. I mean really you add nothing to the forum. Time for ignore for you

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Why does everyone assume ex-Pat WRs end up in Houston?  They have cap issues already, their QB situation is unsettled (at best), they have Andre Johnson taking up $15 mil in cap space and they have Hopkins who they drafted in 2013.

People around here say the Pats can't possibly afford Amendola ($4.5 mil cap hit) and Edelman, but the Texans who have a worse cap situation, can pay Johnson and Edelman or Welker, without an NFL QB on the roster?  OK.

Oh, and they have JJ Watt's contract expiring in '14, I don't imagine they want to risk losing him to free agency so there's a big chunk of whatever cap space they manage to free up.

My guess is they're going to look for low to min salary guys to fill out their receiving corps, just a guess. They would seem to have bigger fish to fry.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wow, you sound more like babe every day. Now BB is a stubborn old bitter fool who can't admit when he was wrong? Doesn't sound like a very good coach or business man. Kraft must be equally as foolish for employing this guy for so long. This organization is doomed! Probably go 4-12 next year as is typical of teams ran by self righteous dummies.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Footballexpert45. Show Footballexpert45's posts

BB always say he will do what's in the best interest of the team, but due to personel issues with Welker, he won't consider letting him come back to NE.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wow, you sound more like babe every day. Now BB is a stubborn old bitter fool who can't admit when he was wrong? Doesn't sound like a very good coach or business man. Kraft must be equally as foolish for employing this guy for so long. This organization is doomed! Probably go 4-12 next year as is typical of teams ran by self righteous dummies.

[/QUOTE]

And you sound even more like Rusty.

But, truthfully True you are the only one taking it to the extremes to make your point. I've said before I think BB needs to tweak his philosphy and take more risks because the lower risk players have cost him and gave examples of when even BB himself has adjusted his philosphy (see 07' after the 06' WR core mistake). But, when have you ever heard BB admit he was wrong about a player. It never happens and talks down to reporters who dear mention it. It's well known how he treats reporters who question him about mistakes, so please tell me how my statement isn't true.

I'll say it again though there is no other coach I'd rather have I just wish he'd stop looking for the deal and get talent he can work with instead of getting 110% out of JAGs who can't cut it in the playoffs and retreads who last a year or less. I also think he needs to listen to his scouts more often and trust them, they are smart people too. But, yes True take it to extremes as you tend to do in discussions to make that person sound like they ar insane. Very Rusty like of you 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]

Interesting!!

[/QUOTE]

Yes, that would be nice. 

PI can't see bb ever bringing back welker. Especially what he said about him after the Denver loss. That statement was telling. It gives a bit of insight into how he really feels about him. 

pi would take decker in a heartbeat. Entering his prime, big target, strong hands, good route runner. 

Imhope the pats can get out from under amendola. That signing stings as much as Ocho, if not more.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Why does everyone assume ex-Pat WRs end up in Houston?  They have cap issues already, their QB situation is unsettled (at best), they have Andre Johnson taking up $15 mil in cap space and they have Hopkins who they drafted in 2013.

People around here say the Pats can't possibly afford Amendola ($4.5 mil cap hit) and Edelman, but the Texans who have a worse cap situation, can pay Johnson and Edelman or Welker, without an NFL QB on the roster?  OK.

Oh, and they have JJ Watt's contract expiring in '14, I don't imagine they want to risk losing him to free agency so there's a big chunk of whatever cap space they manage to free up.

My guess is they're going to look for low to min salary guys to fill out their receiving corps, just a guess. They would seem to have bigger fish to fry.

[/QUOTE]

Just like the pats, houston will redo some contracts and I expect Andre Johnson's will get reworked due to the large cap hit.