Defense

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dblock33644. Show dblock33644's posts

Defense

Its very obvious what the problem the d.cordinator and db coach needs to go immediatly. you can only blame players for so long. its not just players being in bad positions its players dont seem to really know where there suppose to be. the defensive play calls have been horrid. why we dont blitz is beyond me.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Re: Defense

In response to dblock33644's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Its very obvious what the problem the d.cordinator and db coach needs to go immediatly. you can only blame players for so long. its not just players being in bad positions its players dont seem to really know where there suppose to be. the defensive play calls have been horrid. why we dont blitz is beyond me.

[/QUOTE]

Have we seen BB let go of a DB and have him flourish?

I mean, Asante, but he was good while he was here.

When someone picks up and polishes off a Terrence Wheatley into a probowler or something, I'll think more that it's coaching. 

Right now, it seems like a personnel evaluation problem.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Oh an NE rarely blitzes because they don't have the CBs to do that. When you send an extra man, you put pressure on your corners. 

How do you think teams with mediocre pass rushers, like the Jests, can get away with blitzing so often? They have the corners to get it done. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Have we seen BB let go of a DB and have him flourish?

I mean, Asante, but he was good while he was here.

When someone picks up and polishes off a Terrence Wheatley into a probowler or something, I'll think more that it's coaching. 

Right now, it seems like a personnel evaluation problem.

[/QUOTE]

and who is ultimately responsible for personnel evaluations?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

The Eagles dumped their defensive coordinator last month. Since then they have gone from giving up 21 points per game to 29 points per game. Not sure this is the best strategy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Eagles dumped their defensive coordinator last month. Since then they have gone from giving up 21 points per game to 29 points per game. Not sure this is the best strategy.

[/QUOTE]

wouldn't dump Patricia this year, but what about after season is over...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Well when your O scores 37 and you need a last second endzone turnover on a horrible pass to win......yeah I'd say there's room for improvement.

The again there are a few on this board blaming the O for not putting up 41.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to BubbaInHawaii's comment:

wouldn't dump Patricia this year, but what about after season is over...

Good idea. Wait until after the Patriots win the Super Bowl. Then make your wholesale changes. :)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

Oh an NE rarely blitzes because they don't have the CBs to do that. When you send an extra man, you put pressure on your corners. 

How do you think teams with mediocre pass rushers, like the Jests, can get away with blitzing so often? They have the corners to get it done. 

[/QUOTE]

"Oh an NE rarely blitzes because they don't have the CBs to do that. "

you cant win in this passing league without playing aggressive at corner.

troy borwn actuly came out and said this yesterday.

we have dennard and talib who can compete. cole doesnt look terrible either. too bad on dowling.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

we have dennard and talib who can compete. cole doesnt look terrible either. too bad on dowling.

[/QUOTE]

Bingo. People always complain about deep zones and way off man. 

Stop, think. Why would BB always arrange it that way? Because it's uglier when they try to play up on the line. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

We will see what Talib can do. I have mentioned this many times, but Tampa Bays pass defense has actually gotten better since he went out on suspension. Also, the fact that they were willing to unload him when they are still in playoff contention tells you something about him.

Dennard did not look like good agains the Bills (of course no one did), Cole is already 29 and he has been around the NFL since 2007 with one career start under his belt. Have we seen enough of Dowling to know he can do anything other than get injured?

I don't understand the hesitation on blitzing LBs because it will put pressure on the CBs. The CBs need the help that would come from extra rushers and it is not like Spikes, Hightower and Mayo are covering people out there either!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

We should know after last week that St.Louis is a legit team and we put a legit whoopin on them playing agressive after that TD came playing more cover 2. They settled down once they played more man and used some blitzing.  Then they come out the bye week rushing 3 guys with the same old vanilla crap and give up 31 points. I mean the coaches arent this dumb are they??

why dont they just scrap that cover 2 junk! and stay agressive because thats when we play our best!??

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I disagree.  They have blitzed this year and done very well with the Qb throwing errant passs. Obviously its the timing of the blitzes as well but I dont buy the "less men in coverage theory" because the 2 seconds you take away from the Qb and the fact the throw is rushed are things that help the DB. Most likely if they just turn their heads, its a INT. I mean this is what you do to a sanchez and what EVERY OTHER TEAM does to him and why most people think he s*cks and its no coincidence he plays he Best game vs us and the rest of his games he looks like a H.S. Qb, I mean you cant make this up. We are the worst team in the league when it comes to dominating Cheap QBs. This is the place for struggling QBs to get their mojo back,. Surely we dont have the worst Cbs in the league...do we??

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from emilycuba33. Show emilycuba33's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for saying this.  Not so sure about the firing of the coaches, but they do need to start calling some plays that will put some pressure on the opposing qb's.  The entire 4th quarter of the Bills game was ridiculous.  They had 3 man pressure 99% of the time.  The one time they sent 5, they immediately got pressure on him and he had to throw it into the ground.  Yes, the DB's have to improve, but it is not going to matter who we have back there if we give the opposing qb's 8 to 10 seconds to throw the damn ball every game.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dblock33644. Show dblock33644's posts

Thats my point if we blitz less time to cover, the jets struggle blitzing now because noone on there D can command a double team, nor can any of there pass rushers get to qb one on one, i rather blitz then let another pittiful offensive team go up and down the field playing this extremely passive 3 man line defense

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Every year the defensive backfield leads the league in interceptions; #1 the year before last, #2 last year... the scheme is the problem and contains the solution.  We have plenty of talent.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bingo. People always complain about deep zones and way off man. 

Stop, think. Why would BB always arrange it that way? Because it's uglier when they try to play up on the line. 

[/QUOTE]

ive stopped and thought often. bb woudl rather die that way thinking he wont get beat.

we are like a siv. when some of the worst passing offenses in the league can move downthe field at will anytime of het game and especaily at the end of the game and win, then the so callled "conservative" strateegy is only a sstrategy to lose.

if bills reveiver doesnt run the wrong route, the game is a loss.

i say we will give up less playing strong man than playing soft zone.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

We will see what Talib can do. I have mentioned this many times, but Tampa Bays pass defense has actually gotten better since he went out on suspension. Also, the fact that they were willing to unload him when they are still in playoff contention tells you something about him.

Dennard did not look like good agains the Bills (of course no one did), Cole is already 29 and he has been around the NFL since 2007 with one career start under his belt. Have we seen enough of Dowling to know he can do anything other than get injured?

I don't understand the hesitation on blitzing LBs because it will put pressure on the CBs. The CBs need the help that would come from extra rushers and it is not like Spikes, Hightower and Mayo are covering people out there either!

[/QUOTE]

"I don't understand the hesitation on blitzing LBs because it will put pressure on the CBs. The CBs need the help that would come from extra rushers and it is not like Spikes, Hightower and Mayo are covering people out there either!"

agreed the conservative appracoh isnt working. schiuano is instituting  anew regime, he had to draw the line wiht talibs last offesne. tampa wasnt playing strong man either.

dennard did look bad lst game. buit has sompeted other games.

its what weve got. so we have to roill wiht it. bb the gm hasnt helped the secondary in the draft over the years

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We should know after last week that St.Louis is a legit team and we put a legit whoopin on them playing agressive after that TD came playing more cover 2. They settled down once they played more man and used some blitzing.  Then they come out the bye week rushing 3 guys with the same old vanilla crap and give up 31 points. I mean the coaches arent this dumb are they??

why dont they just scrap that cover 2 junk! and stay agressive because thats when we play our best!??

[/QUOTE]

thank you for seeing it too.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

Thats my point if we blitz less time to cover, the jets struggle blitzing now because noone on there D can command a double team, nor can any of there pass rushers get to qb one on one, i rather blitz then let another pittiful offensive team go up and down the field playing this extremely passive 3 man line defense

[/QUOTE]

+1

Sections
Shortcuts