defense has attitude problem?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Achainsaw. Show Achainsaw's posts

defense has attitude problem?

Im not a big believer in coincidences. I believe BB feels he may have some problems with his team culture that he wants to straighten out real fast.

Thomas doesn't dress because basically he's lazy and if you all remember he's had a comment here and there that haven't been "patriot" like.

Springs and Bodden benched(Bodden criticized the loose coverage, which he happens to be right but shouldn't do it publicly)

Seau is signed way ahead of schedule.

Seymour got traded. Wilfork voiced discontent a few times early on, but once Seymour got sent to Oakland, he quieted down real quick, but his performanc has been pretty quiet too. For an "elite" nose tackle, he certainly hasnt played elite,and that probably why he hasnt been extended and won't be resigned unless its a third below the going rate.

Banta-Cain is cut. Maybe there's a strategy resign goin on. But maybe it's another statement.

Sounds like Pees is in over his head in personnel management just like he's in over his head in every other facet of the game. What does BB expect when you have a multitude of new players and you have a week coach managing them. With the exception of the Seymour move, none of these things would be occuring if Crennel was DC, or if  Dom Capers was the DC, as he should be instead of being the DC in Green Bay,believe me.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Re: defense has attitude problem?

All Wilfork said is that he wanted to remain a Patriot.  I'm sure the Seymour trade in addition to not getting a new contract changed his decision about staying in NE.  I dont really think BB has plans to resign him anyways.  Thats why they drafted to DL this year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Achainsaw. Show Achainsaw's posts

Just for the record, Wilfork's agent spoke to their disappointment of not getting an extension several times and wouldnt have said it without Wilfork's consent.  And  of course he's going to say his goal is to remain a patriot. Not everyone is as dumb as Jarvis Green and says they want to become a Saint.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PuntonFirstDown. Show PuntonFirstDown's posts

BB is the best coach hands down. If there is rebellion in the ranks then the General must put down that rebellion. Dissension does not fly here when there is a Superbowl to be won. Semper Fi!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

In Response to Re: defense has attitude problem?:
    Just for the record, Wilfork's agent spoke to their disappointment of not getting an extension several times and wouldnt have said it without Wilfork's consent.  And  of course he's going to say his goal is to remain a patriot. Not everyone is as dumb as Jarvis Green and says they want to become a Saint.
    Posted by Achainsaw

hahaha....Jarvis Green actually said that....lol

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

In Response to defense has attitude problem?:
    IFor an "elite" nose tackle, he certainly hasnt played elite,and that probably why he hasnt been extended and won't be resigned unless its a third below the going rate. 
    Posted by Achainsaw

what games have you been watching?? wilfork has been great, and will get a huge contract, here or someplace else (and i think its here).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

my guess is that wilfork will be in Miami next year if the pats dont franchise him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Achainsaw. Show Achainsaw's posts

every play, the home games from the upper deck , where i can see him gettin moved down the line in any direction the opposing offensive line wants to a a good percentage of the time. No kidding, I'm not being critical for no reason. He's not elite, he's good,  but not elite. If he was elite like Seymour was 4 -5 years ago, he would have gotten an extension just like Seymour did.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Fork is a very good nose. He is not the best in the league.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtfan. Show celtfan's posts

My opinion is that BB wants to go younger and faster on defense and it's as if he's said "Oh what the heck, might as well just go ahead and make the changes now".  Why not.  It's still early in the season.  The young guys in the secondary are starting to play well; Mayo and Guyton are going to be at linebacker for years to come; and there will be more $ available to sign some of the key free agents  like Wilfork and Mankins.

If you think about it this is probably a good time to make moves like this.  The next game is against a winless opponent and then comes the bye week.  Not to mention they've got a couple of young offensive players coming off of the PUP list that are ready to be activated.  The BYE couldn't come at a better time for the Pats.

Sections
Shortcuts