Defense played better WITHOUT Mcourty

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from smorgan86. Show smorgan86's posts

Defense played better WITHOUT Mcourty

He should be sitting down. He was torched all afternoon by a scrub QB. Go back to the defensive lineup we've had the past 3 or so weeks

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from gwomlo. Show gwomlo's posts

Re: Defense played better WITHOUT Mcourty

Can't agree with you more. I would like to know how many yds he gave up. I'll bet it was large.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I said that last week. It's sad ... but true. 

He's been a liability this season ... so much for NE's version of "Revis."

:-(

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I knew this guy probably wasn't as good as he played last season, so I'm hoping he's not as bad as he's looked this season...but man has he looked pathetic.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

He needs to be benched.  He was awful.  Just awful.  He is the one guy that nearly cost them the game, and he played a major part in their three losses.  

What happened to this guy?  I have suspected he let his conditioning go, but he is never playing the ball anymore.

Edleman should go back to nickleback.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Sophmore slump and QB's are no longer scared to go after him, he usually has help from Chung but he has been missing a lot. BB needs to find some way he can utilize McCourty better.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

He's been on a year long sucking trend.  What and embarrassment to St. Joes Regiona,l NJ Group III State Champs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Yeah, looking very Hobbsian this year. Keep waiting for him to shake it off and step up, but it just isn't happening.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

I've said for the last 4 weeks that the secondary as a whole has played better than the starters who were out.  Maybe that's not saying much, but I saw improvement.

As for DMC, it seems to me the secondary coaching HAS to be partly accountable. Is it Matt Patricia? 
    How can someone look pretty solid last year and look clueless this year?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

It is astonishing how much worse he is this season.

Where's Rusty? He told me I was nuts for saying in pre-season McCourty "looks good so far". He said the guy was a perrenial pro-bowler.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

I say we all conduct a search for the fountain of youth and bring a couple of bottles to Rodney Harrison and Ty Law. Good Lord, who the heck is this dude wearing #32? This can't be the same guy from last year

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

It's not just his loose coverage and his not playing the ball.  His tackling angles were awful, too.  

He really could not be worse.  

Not fair to compare him to Hobbs - Hobbs was always playing hurt and made some good plays, and was a darn good returner.  

McC has done nothing good this year!  Well...maybe his getting injured gave other players a chance to step up.  That was a positive, I guess.

Now take Edleman.  His angles have been excellent when he's played D. So were most of his tackles.  I hope we see more of him on D going forward.

Slater wasn't half-bad for a guy taking his first crack on D.

Mayo had an outstanding day, which would be his first for the year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In Response to Re: Defense played better WITHOUT Mcourty:
    [QUOTE]It's not just his loose coverage and his not playing the ball.  His tackling angles were awful, too.   He really could not be worse.   Not fair to compare him to Hobbs - Hobbs was always playing hurt and made some good plays, and was a darn good returner.   McC has done nothing good this year!  Well...maybe his getting injured gave other players a chance to step up.  That was a positive, I guess. Now take Edleman.  His angles have been excellent when he's played D. So were most of his tackles.  I hope we see more of him on D going forward. Slater wasn't half-bad for a guy taking his first crack on D. Mayo had an outstanding day, which would be his first for the year.
    Posted by chrisakawoody[/QUOTE]

True, Chris.

I've often wondered if McCourty is hurt, too...otherwise, the dropoff in his play from last year is almost incomprehensible.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

i think it was moreso the defensive play calling, not the players; except when they were within our own 30 or so.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]i think it was moreso the defensive play calling, not the players; except when they were within our own 30 or so.
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]

My favorite part is when we start a new Safety, Then back it up with guys we've counted on to give at least some sorta pass rush (Mark Anderson=1 assist 0 sacks/Andre Carter 1 tackle 1 assist 0 sacks)...and our learned conlusion is: New England's Defense=MUCH better without Devin McCourty playing.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

well, all I'm sayin is that the defense did what they've been doing all year - give up a lot of passing yards.

By the 4thQ, the patriots were up 3 TDs and went into cover 2 coverage the rest of the way; which means they set themselves up for giving up even more passing yardage. Then, when the D is in situational mode - the defense couldn't stop the Colts; which is on the players. The choice to go to cover 2 is on the coaches though.  The offense also went 3-and-out, what? at least twice (i'm thinking 3x) in the 4th quarter to.  That's on o'brien, brady, and the offense.

There was no killer instinct....and I think there's plenty of blame for the coaches, offense, and defense.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]All this talk about McCourty just doesn't matter.  He had a better rookie year than Revis did.  His place in the NFL is secure.  Players should only be judged on what they do in their first year. 
    Posted by KreepyKing[/QUOTE]

LOL.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from gwomlo. Show gwomlo's posts

I hope we're not victims of Tebow time on this corner.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I kept wondering what happened to our other Cb's but couldnt remember their name. Molden and Moore should have been playing. Judging by the lineups, it seems Bill said this is the week we rest some guys so why not keep McCourty out one more week with that bad shoulder??  I dont know if its affecting him, maybe tackling, but his coverage was off and worse then before. He has to come thru for us as Moore or Molden will probably get beat in the playoffs as well.

We should have kept Price to play the # 1 CB position. Keep Arrington at # 2, Edleman at the nickel and Slater and Chung as safety.  Slater was laying the wood...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbincpumpkin. Show dbincpumpkin's posts

[QUOTE]All this talk about McCourty just doesn't matter.  He had a better rookie year than Revis did.  His place in the NFL is secure.  Players should only be judged on what they do in their first year. 
    Posted by KreepyKing[/QUOTE]

kreepyking are u kidding me ?  Judge on what they do in the 1st year

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

[QUOTE]I kept wondering what happened to our other Cb's but couldnt remember their name. Molden and Moore should have been playing. Judging by the lineups, it seems Bill said this is the week we rest some guys so why not keep McCourty out one more week with that bad shoulder??  I dont know if its affecting him, maybe tackling, but his coverage was off and worse then before. He has to come thru for us as Moore or Molden will probably get beat in the playoffs as well. We should have kept Price to play the # 1 CB position. Keep Arrington at # 2, Edleman at the nickel and Slater and Chung as safety.  Slater was laying the wood...
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

Be careful what you wish for with Moore. I don't know how much he played yesterday but he got beat bad by Garcon at least once in the 4th quarter.

Sections
Shortcuts