Defense Up To The Task?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: Defense Up To The Task?

In response to russgriswold's comment:

In response to mthurl's comment:

Four out of our five top selections in the draft were placed on defensive players for a reason (we weren't very good)...it's time for them to be good. This defense is going to have to carry the offense for a change...no more 3rd and 100's being completed between two safeties that look like they've never seen a football before. No more bad angles from defensive backs - I swear I have heard the term "bad angle" more times over the last three years than I've blinked. No more opposing quarterbacks feeling like they are in the most safest spot on the planet (in front of our pass rush), while they fire off pass, after pass...with little skill, trouble or care. A blind quarterback with no arms, facing the wrong way could of completed passes on our defense last year before Talib got there.

No more being the worst - it's been five damn years of "rebuilding" - we need to see the finished product winning games.

The rebuilding approach through the draft once the lockout became a reality or a known thing, was in 2010.

It's 2013.

It's not five years at all. Brady and Welker also choked it down in SB 46, which makes it appear worse than this is. That was 2011. So, this isn't "five years ago".

I am still reeling from XMas eve 2011 when our offense did not cross midfield for the entire first half. Literally! Could not cross midfield vs Miami.  lmao

Just forget it. We're 48 hours away from the season starting and you're still looking to excuse Brady from his own mistakes in SB 46 or poor play last January when our offense could have picked up our D for once with Talib and Jones down.

Brady sucked, so it didn't happen.

We're going on YEARS, since 2005 of Brady mediocre or poor in the postseason, minus like 3 games (Jax, Denver or Houston).

Brady's last 3 Conf Title games at home show us 3 TDs and 7 INTs. It doesn't matter what our D does in situations like that. The D bailed him out in 2007 and 2011, but couldn't do it last year.

Golly gee, aw shucks, let's blame the D that supposedly is so bad.

It's not 5 years at all?? How do you figure that? Super Bowl appearance in 07...Brady blows out his knee is 08, we rebuild in the off season of 08, 09, 10, 11, 12 and now 13. That's five years worth of second round busts...five years of parading guys like Haynesworth, Fenene and Shaun Ellis in here. Five years of extending or resigning guys like Banta Can't, Bodden, and Seau. I remember that 09 season - we had Wilfork on D and little, to no one else. Wilfork went down with an ankle injury at a game I was at, I was in the bathroom when word came trickling into the bathroom that Wilfork was rolling on the field grabbing his leg and I thought, "well now there is no one...how did it get this bad on defense?". Brady kept that team afloat until Baltimore gashed that D unmercifully in our home stadium in the playoffs.

So it's been five years of trying this guy out...drafting that one...trading for this one...cutting that one...signing this guy for two weeks...bringing that one off the practice squad...hearing that what's his name is going to be really really good (when he isn't)...extending so and so...he's heading into his prime...he's raw...he's got lots of potential. Now it's time for it all to come together and look like a defense that isn't pathetic, that isn't going to let balls fly over their heads on third downs like they've never even seen a football before in their life and think it's some sort of unidentified flying object. No more excuses...it's been half a decade of "rebuilding"...time to grow up.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

You want to see me handwringing?  

1. Junior year in high school Caclulus before a test.

2. These last 2 Brady AFC title games.  

I thought this Brady addiction/preference was an aberration in SB42, and then I realized it wasn't after the Jets playoff loss. Then, the 2011 title game hit, and I saw it again. Then, SB 46.

It's why I said I was worried more about Brady in the 2011 postseason than our D.  I was right.

I hate being right in this kind of a situation because it's painful. BUt, the good news is, I don't think BB is going to allow that kind of stuff to fester at times during the year and it won't be a factor in the postseason anymore. If we lose, it won't because of ideological preference on offense from Brady.

This is the constant flaw in your whole, "BB is the greatest coach and/or GM of all time and the problem with the team is Brady" agenda. If BB were the coach you claim he is, he would have already allowed this "addiction" to "fester" for six seasons already. He would have fixing through, ya know, coaching him. If a player is not doing what a coach wants for one season that is one thing. If the coach has not corrected it after six seasons, either the coach is not doing his job or the player is uncoachable. Which brings me to point two, if he were the GM you claim he is would have replaced Brady, and found some one to run the offense the way BB wants.

If BB the coach is fine with how the offense is being run, then by your own arguments he is not that great a coach since the offense is so flawed. If BB the GM is fine with how Brady is conducting himself on the field, then he is not a very good game since (according to you) he has cost them two Super Bowls, an AFC Championsip game and an AFC Divisional round game.

I think BB is one of the greatest coaches off all-time. Aside: as I have mentioned before, in my opinion Joe Gibbs' three Super Bowl victories with three different QBs make him the top coach of all time. I think Lombardi is also ahead of BB with his 5 total championships, and I would put Walsh there as well with a 3-0 SB record. All three - sans Joe Gibbs ill advised comeback - retired younger than BB is now, and all three have better career playoff winning percentages. At this point, the main thing BB has going for him is longevity. Even if with the comeback BB has more years head coaching than any of those guys. Gibbs, 16 years as HC (counting the return - 12 that counted), Walsh and Lombardi each 10. BB is currently going into his 19th year as an NFL head coach.

I think as a GM he has been average at best and the talent has not been consitent on both sides of the ball since the last of the Parcells defensive guys (Law, McGinest, Bruschi, Johnson) left the team.

Personally, I think this is the year the defense finally has the talent to be dominate again with guys like Jones, and Talib who are pontential game changers versus the solid type players (Wilfork, Mayo, McCourty) that have been the backbone of the defense since for the last six years. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I think the D could be much better this year than it's been in several years.  Annoyingly, though, they really aren't going to be challenged until game three or four this season, so we won't have a good bead on them until maybe week four against Atlanta or week six against the Saints. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to Encinitas's comment:

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Can we just get past the the myth that Brady has not let our team down and it's all on a D with first and second year guys on it?

Ugh.

It's so freaking annoying.  No accountability for the better side of the ball with Brady in January, more for the rookies or second year players because it's convenient to deflect from the reality.

Yea that young defense with guys like Mayo in their 6th year and Spikes in his 4th year. THen we got that Rookie Vince Wilfork! lmao @ you. Whats gonna be your excuse this year? Brady has 3 rookie WRs and Rookie TE who may play alot. You still gonna say the Offense SHOULD be better than the D and it has nothing to do with # 12?

I was talking about 2010 and 2011.

Talib and Jones got hurt in the AFC title game and couldn't go. If they go, we might win.

I am not talking about Mayo, Spikes or other guys who have been around for a while now into 2013.

I am talking about expecting our 2010 and 2011 Ds to work miracles for Tom Brady in game where Brady himself SUCKED.

Get it?

It's like if those 2010 and 2011 playoff Ds didn't perform miracles, then they're terrible or it's all on them. I could see if we lost 33-31 or something in those games, but that is not whatsoever how those playoff game losses (or in the SB) unfolded.

No one cares about the regular season here. I hope the club is healthy in January. Say it every year, because it's a huge key.

Our O or D doesn't have this mythical lack of talent and we're not in the playoffs every year just because of the Golden Boy who scoots out of here back to LA every January to never  and an obligatory 2 INT playoff game from Brady again.

We have had the good fortune to have one of the best QBs to ever play the game and you bash at every opportunity, while exalting a defense that has been somewhere between mediocre and terrible for the last half dozen years.  Here is a news flash for you.  When your team routinely has the highest scoring offense in the league, the offense is NOT the problem.  You are not insightful.  You are not smarter than everyone.  You are just plain stupid. 

I have followed the Pats for 40+ years and Brady is by far the best player the team has ever had.  There isn't even a close second.    Similarly, Kraft is the best owner, and BB the best coach.  Again, there is no close second.   

Nice post and I agree 100%. Brady, Belichick the coach and Kraft the owner are the best things that have ever happened to the franchise. How anyone as a fan of this team could bash Brady is beyond comprehension, without him Belichick may be able to field a big, disciplined and tough team...that most likely would struggle to get 9/10 wins and then proceed to get beat in a wild card game...just like every other team that doesn't have a Tom Brady or elite quaterback.

I've seen many teams that have had a couple of great pass rushers, a great runner, a great tight end, but a average quaterback....do nothing but get beat in that first playoff game...or not get there at all. Look at Dallas - that team has got some talent, but it doesn't matter, they're quarterback has killed them. Romo has a running back that is very good, one of the best tight ends in football and receivers that are big and can run...it makes no difference. Romo also can come off the field knowing that a guy like Demarcus Ware will be heading on to it...does Brady have that? Nope, hasn't had that in a decade, yet he goes out there and carries a football team....completes pass after pass after pass...puts up 35 points (regularly) week in and week out. Take Brady out of the equation and in three years this place will be a ghost town - Patriot place will have a whole bunch of signs up on that pretty shopping area..."available for lease".

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

Is it up to the task?  Good question.  I can't wait to find out.  My guess is that it will show steady progress,  as the year moves along.  In response to some who long for those days when we had a shut-down D, specifically referring to those Super Bowl victories.  Has anyone noticed that we have never had one?  The fact is, this team of ours has always given up points late in the game...14 fourth quarter points in '02 to St. Louis, 19 in '04 to Carolina, 7 in '05 to Philadelphia, 14 in '08 to New York,  and 6 in '12 to New York.  If we take a broader look, it turns out that second half points given up is 14 in '02, 19 in '04, 14 in '05, 14 in '08, and 12 in '12.  It looks pretty consistent, win or lose.  Now on offense, second half points look like this...6 points scored in '02, 18 in '04, 17 in '05, 7 in '08, and 7 in '12.  This is where we find the greatest variance.  The only one consistent point that we find here is that, even  in '02, when our offense did not score, our defense gave up the lead.  I think that it is fair to say that people have a habit of putting on rose colored glasses when they think of our defenses from years ago.  The fact is, when it comes to the most important fact, all of our Super Bowl defenses have been pretty consistent in second half points allowed (excluding the Carolina game).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

The D is progressing... just over the last three years the 3rd down D's progression.

2010 -  32nd 47% 

2011 -  28th 43%

2012 - 21st 39%

They need to get this down to betwen 33% - 36% to become a legitimate top 10 NFL D.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

The D is progressing... just over the last three years the 3rd down D's progression.

2010 -  32nd 47% 

2011 -  28th 43%

2012 - 21st 39%

They need to get this down to betwen 33% - 36% to become a legitimate top 10 NFL D.

That is an interesting trend. Very interesting.

To get past Denver to get into the SB it will take a really good O and a D that is especially good on third downs, causes a lot of turnovers, is solid v the run and has at least a good pass rush.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:

[QUOTE]

2010 -  32nd 47% 

2011 -  28th 43%

2012 - 21st 39%

That is an interesting trend. Very interesting.

To get past Denver to get into the SB it will take a really good O and a D that is especially good on third downs, causes a lot of turnovers, is solid v the run and has at least a good pass rush.

[/QUOTE]

Another great posr

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to iamspuriousbabe's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to anonymis' comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to mthurl's comment:

[QUOTE]

Four out of our five top selections in the draft were placed on defensive players for a reason (we weren't very good)...it's time for them to be good. This defense is going to have to carry the offense for a change...no more 3rd and 100's being completed between two safeties that look like they've never seen a football before. No more bad angles from defensive backs - I swear I have heard the term "bad angle" more times over the last three years than I've blinked. No more opposing quarterbacks feeling like they are in the most safest spot on the planet (in front of our pass rush), while they fire off pass, after pass...with little skill, trouble or care. A blind quarterback with no arms, facing the wrong way could of completed passes on our defense last year before Talib got there.

No more being the worst - it's been five damn years of "rebuilding" - we need to see the finished product winning games.

I wouldn't say that the defense has to carry the offense, but rather, they need to start pulling their weight -  and make timely stops when needed the most. It's time for them to be able to get off the field in a more timely manner, giving the offense an additional possession or two - just complemenatry footbal. It's not about becoming a defensive juggernaut from an offensive one.

[/QUOTE]

Is it like when Brady threw that INT in Washington in 2011 when he threw late and had too much air under it to Underwood from the freaking 3 yard line and it was predictably picked? That game?, That was when Mayo had an INT to ice the game for us.  

Brady was constantly doing things in 2011 in terms of putting our D back on the field much quicker than the average team.

Kinda like that, troll?

Huh?

Hmm?

It's a myth our D doesn't carry their own weight. A big reason why we ran more plays than anyone in NFL history last year was not only the use of the hurry up, but because our D led the AFC yet again in creating turnovers so our offense could try to score more.

And yes, I know you have me on ignore. It still doesn't mean your premise of our D being held to a different standard than the offense, shouldn't be exposed. lmao

[/QUOTE]
     I'm sure you have long since figured out that all these folks that were crowing two days ago about "ignoring" people constantly undo "ignore" to see what people are saying about them...LMAO...human nature is a trip...Phat Rex reads it all...his poor self esteem dictates that his ego is so far outsized that he even thinks he's outsmarting people about his many names here...he's such a dumbazz...what's hilarious are all the idiots here who don't realize it...it's actually sad...f em all ...never underestimate peoples ability to be just jack stupid!

[/QUOTE]

And another moron (fake account) goes on ignore.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

It appears to me, if you look at the differences between the Patriots' won Super Bowls versus those that were lost, the biggest change has occurred in the overall performance of the offense, in terms of points scored in the second half.  In '08 and '12 they scored only 7 points and lost.  Even in '02, when they scored only 6, the defense also lost them the lead remember?  The fact is, this team has never had a shut-down D.  It requires both O and D working together, to get it done.  Surprise, surprise...it takes a whole team to win the big prize!  Catchy, don't you think?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to cyncalpatfan's comment:

It appears to me, if you look at the differences between the Patriots' won Super Bowls versus those that were lost, the biggest change has occurred in the overall performance of the offense, in terms of points scored in the second half.  In '08 and '12 they scored only 7 points and lost.  Even in '02, when they scored only 6, the defense also lost them the lead remember?  The fact is, this team has never had a shut-down D.  It requires both O and D working together, to get it done.  Surprise, surprise...it takes a whole team to win the big prize!  Catchy, don't you think?

Another low post count fake goes on ignore.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

2010 -  32nd 47% 

2011 -  28th 43%

2012 - 21st 39%

Without question, the D last year became significantly better with the addition of Talib (and the McCourty move), as I predicted it would.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to seawolfxs' comment:

I think each side here is looking for more from the other side. because in some of these games we start slow on O, and the D keeps us there, then in the 4th we take a lead on O and the D doesn't hold up. (42 and 46). Times the O didn't convert, times the D didn't stop. 

if we win this year both sides will have to be respectfully right on the D and the O,

I cannot wait for Spikes to cream someone. He is our enforcer. , and I think this is the most balanced in a long time . Too much WW, too much Moss and no vertical receivers. We may have been able to get away with it but Gronk was hurt. and I agree with Rusty lets stay in this seaon. It will be a lot more fun.    I blame more than TB when the O fails (like the WW drops) but it just doesn't make any difference for this season. 

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

complementary football, baby.  Right now tho, w/ the added personnel - there are fewer excuses for the defense. The defense needs to step up this year. Patricia needs to step up his game.  No more - 'he didn't have the personnel".

The biggest myth perpetuated is that it was only Brady's fault for the two SB losses that the Patriots played in.  In addition, one poster is basically lying (as usual) saying that other fans don't acknowledge that Brady was indeed a factor. This is a huge lie. Most fans know that Brady had bad games (because the Giants actually did a decent job shutting Brady and the patriot offense down).  That being said, it appears that most fans think that it was a TEAM loss (offense, defense, ST) and coaching.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

I think there is more talent everywhere. on O and on D

My favorite season was when TBs favorite receiver was "the open man".

When Moss got here , that was lost.   I don't think there was enough talent at WR. TB is great going thru the progressions, but if only 2 guys can get open, the other team isn't stupid and we get erratic play. Because they can defend easier. The Giant and Balt figured this out. Even Rex knew it.  then sxxx happens.

Like the ball held too long and 1) TB screws up, 2)the Oline is overwhelmed . I thought there times the Oline was in a battle and couldn't even run block.

i see more talent and versatility to help us out.And we r better without an aging WW. Who I thought a warrior, who got beat up, who dropped passes. Exactly what our DBS used to do during our winning SB yrs with Rodney and before.

I think BB has known it. Look at his Football Life. He said it. Add that no one is perfect and we got what we got. if Bb could have changed things he would have. The big numbers against lesser teams hid this. Against teams that had our kryptonite. we had fewer options. We were in battle. We had injuries. We had no luck.

the other discussion I would like this blog to discuss is TB vs man2man and zone. Against M2m if the receivers don't get open, the odds go against the QB. In zone he can find the soft spot..Could this too have been one of the Os problems?

good post. 

I'm not observant enough to answer the question. However, I've posted a couple of threads about Patriots vs. Physical opponents.  As with any other QB, our offense overall has difficulty whenever the opponent is able to harass brady and cover at the same time (not sure if those teams are using more man to man vs. zone or both).  So, what were the common things that teams like the 49ers, Giants, and detroit do - that made the Patriots offense look so bad?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

In response to cyncalpatfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Another low post count fake goes on ignore.

[/QUOTE]

It's funny how a person is labeled a fake based upon the fact that he/she has a low post count and/or has a different and, perhaps, unpopular point of view.  Trust me, I've been reading you guys for years.  I just don't get much opportunity to write.  My very first post occurred way back when the whole Brady v. Bledsoe thing started.  Anyway...while you may not like my opinion, there's no need to suggest that either I or my opinion is any less real than you are.  You guys really are funny that way.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Anonymis - either am I  lol. I am not a very good x o guy, I can see the great talent like everyone, I cannot tell sxxx from TV, I never see coaches tape , Everything I say is from general observations and everything I Hear

so

they all have great Dlines, they play m2m. They disguise pass coverages by not lining up, they take out options 1 and 2' , they are very physical especially on the recvrs. We have not been a running team.

That is run when we have to. This comes from stink? The guy on M&m who was the og on iwash and Denver SB teams. So we end up being less efficient with few options and theheir D knows whats coming. This puts tremendous pressure on TB to perform, and he is human.  

If tb hadn't  thrown that INT on the screen in the jets game, and then with the Chung brain fxxxt on the punt, the jests were going to be run out of town, But instead Rex used all  the D strategy and we boot the game.

The other thing is the number of possessions for TB. When they go down, pts will go down by definition. and this also puts tremendous pressure on the O. 

as to the D , they play up to their potential, but the offense is why we have decimated other teams. then the pressure is on the D  and our D 3rd down efficiency is not good.

There are only a few teams that can do this to the Pats. in 42 we were blindsided by this, we still should have won except for AS dropping the Int and the helmet catch

Then there are the few teams that can score with us. Like PM and now SF? Atl? Denver?

Now why I am so positive?  I think our D is going to be better on 3rd down,   But the raw stats  may not show how good coz BB uses bend don't break a little much? And on offense TB has more weapons.

they are small incremental improvements that came make a big difference.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Then there are the few teams that can score with us. Like PM and now SF? Atl? Denver?

Now why I am so positive?  I think our D is going to be better on 3rd down,   But the raw stats  may not show how good coz BB uses bend don't break a little much? And on offense TB has more weapons.

they are small incremental improvements that came make a big difference.

yep. I'm expecting bigger things. Only time will tell.   BTW, what's it like being a pats fan in NY.....lol ? Do they give u a hard time if u wear pats jersey?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to anonymis's comment:
    [

yep. I'm expecting bigger things. Only time will tell.   BTW, what's it like being a pats fan in NY.....lol ? Do they give u a hard time if u wear pats jersey?

[/QUOTE]

I have a TB game jersey - I get looks all the time- they know the colors- used to be i would hear spygate -

Have family in Balt and I heard spygate all the time too - until i just accepted it - and then i turned to Ray Lewis and his missing bloody white suit. and all was funny

I do not wear it to any games - it is just not a good move - Only in  NE at games

If the Pats make it to the SB I will get a new jersey ( no pun intended) and my brother from Balt said he would take me - He was at last years SB and I have been to a few games- he is swtill a die hard jet fan and he cannot take it any more lol

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

I have a TB game jersey - I get looks all the time- they know the colors- used to be i would hear spygate -

Have family in Balt and I heard spygate all the time too - until i just accepted it - and then i turned to Ray Lewis and his missing bloody white suit. and all was funny

I do not wear it to any games - it is just not a good move - Only in  NE at games

If the Pats make it to the SB I will get a new jersey ( no pun intended) and my brother from Balt said he would take me - He was at last years SB and I have been to a few games- he is swtill a die hard jet fan and he cannot take it any more lol

prolly not at a Jet game.....lol.  Went to the Titans-Pats opener last year, wore my Pats Jersey w/o any problems. Titan fans were pretty cool, met several Patriot tailgaters in the parking lot before game started. I don't think I'd wear a pats jersey in Pittsburg either...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

I was born in nj and moved between ny and here.  I went to college in Boston, came back to nj to work, went back boston for the the bird years and moved back due to business

I am originally a Yankee (OMG not that lol), knick,jet fan

i fell in love with the bird celtics when in Boston and never stopped -even now

I really didn't care about any nfl team for a long while, had family in SF and loved watching Montana play, they "were" my NFC team

meanwhile I could only see the Pats living in Boston, I loved the Sunday globe, I rooted for the Pats. I hated R Berry, thought Flutie got screwed and have rooted for them ever since. I wasn't particularly a parcels fan. The Sullivan's were bozos, and had no feeling for Kiam. Kraft took over and I was totally impressed with everything, Being a Yankee fan I HATED Steinbrenner, thought him clueless and a bully. Kraft is the best

Kraft has never done anything that wasn't great. I will be a life time fan

Soooo you ask about the Yankees. I was never a Red Sox hater, I rooted for them against the mets. I root for them when they don't play the Yankees. But once jeter and Mariano go I probably won.t care on any team.

believe it or not the fans here and there are about the same.(Philly too)

The only thing that gets me about some fans is that they expect to win every yr and that they should have all stars at every position. I like the process of building a team. And rooting for them to win, its sweet when they do.  for those who have read my posts, its pretty clear my bottom line is that all the players are All great when thy win and ALL could have been better when they lose. I love to dissect why something happens. but almost everyone here is better at the game than I am 

I also respect everyone's opinion- if I disagree it ain't personal

If the pats had gone 19-0 i tell everyone I would retire as a fan lol, now it's all how they win it again. i am stuck lol , but I love the intellectual part of the NFL and the unbelievable athletism

my brother moved to Baltimore , has season tickets and I go a few times. Believe me they know the pat colors, have been to a few big out door barbecues and they yell at me from afar. All good fun. but no way in a stadium. He rolls his eyes with the jets. if the Pats get to the SB he is going to be a Pat fan for the day lol

finally, for you Rusty, if you haven't guessed, i am  a libertarian  / conservative. When you make comments about conservatives, I really don't recognize the descriptions you make of them.  Oh there some stupid ones for sure but I don't thank God for abortions (Iowa Dem) or draw red lines in the sand. Lol I have a whole political philosophy taking different ideas to try and make sense of how this world would work best. And as I have said before, the Pats are my escape from this at times nasty world. just one thing - I just try to do the right thing every day, and if I fail, try to do the right thing the next time. 

As always 

have a nice day - I mean it

go Pats

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to seawolfxs's comment:

I was born in nj and moved between ny and here.  I went to college in Boston, came back to nj to work, went back boston for the the bird years and moved back due to business

I am originally a Yankee (OMG not that lol), knick,jet fan

i fell in love with the bird celtics when in Boston and never stopped -even now

I really didn't care about any nfl team for a long while, had family in SF and loved watching Montana play, they "were" my NFC team

meanwhile I could only see the Pats living in Boston, I loved the Sunday globe, I rooted for the Pats. I hated R Berry, thought Flutie got screwed and have rooted for them ever since. I wasn't particularly a parcels fan. The Sullivan's were bozos, and had no feeling for Kiam. Kraft took over and I was totally impressed with everything, Being a Yankee fan I HATED Steinbrenner, thought him clueless and a bully. Kraft is the best

Kraft has never done anything that wasn't great. I will be a life time fan

Soooo you ask about the Yankees. I was never a Red Sox hater, I rooted for them against the mets. I root for them when they don't play the Yankees. But once jeter and Mariano go I probably won.t care on any team.

believe it or not the fans here and there are about the same.(Philly too)

The only thing that gets me about some fans is that they expect to win every yr and that they should have all stars at every position. I like the process of building a team. And rooting for them to win, its sweet when they do.  for those who have read my posts, its pretty clear my bottom line is that all the players are All great when thy win and ALL could have been better when they lose. I love to dissect why something happens. but almost everyone here is better at the game than I am 

I also respect everyone's opinion- if I disagree it ain't personal

If the pats had gone 19-0 i tell everyone I would retire as a fan lol, now it's all how they win it again. i am stuck lol , but I love the intellectual part of the NFL and the unbelievable athletism

my brother moved to Baltimore , has season tickets and I go a few times. Believe me they know the pat colors, have been to a few big out door barbecues and they yell at me from afar. All good fun. but no way in a stadium. He rolls his eyes with the jets. if the Pats get to the SB he is going to be a Pat fan for the day lol

finally, for you Rusty, if you haven't guessed, i am  a libertarian  / conservative. When you make comments about conservatives, I really don't recognize the descriptions you make of them.  Oh there some stupid ones for sure but I don't thank God for abortions (Iowa Dem) or draw red lines in the sand. Lol I have a whole political philosophy taking different ideas to try and make sense of how this world would work best. And as I have said before, the Pats are my escape from this at times nasty world. just one thing - I just try to do the right thing every day, and if I fail, try to do the right thing the next time. 

As always 

have a nice day - I mean it

go Pats

Kraft has never done anything that wasn't great.

well that 40 million dollar contract to aaron hernendez....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

You are correct on the AH contract, I did say on a previous post that it was the only thing I could fault him for. I don't think the contract  language was  very good. This  is like spygate. Someone in the Pats org did wrong in Krafts name. And on a moral level he did nothing wrong. Unlike a Steinbrenner.  if You can tell me the next player to commit murder or rape etc ,please let me know. We can then punish him before he does it. I do believe in the unlikely event AH gets off, other Teams will sign him, but it won't be Kraft

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to seawolfxs's comment:

You are correct on the AH contract, I did say on a previous post that it was the only thing I could fault him for. I don't think the contract  language was  very good. This  is like spygate. Someone in the Pats org did wrong in Krafts name. And on a moral level he did nothing wrong. Unlike a Steinbrenner.  if You can tell me the next player to commit murder or rape etc ,please let me know. We can then punish him before he does it. I do believe in the unlikely event AH gets off, other Teams will sign him, but it won't be Kraft

i agree Kraft is an upstanding man and as one who witnessed it first hand for many years a HELLUVA lot better owner and person than George Steinbrenner!