Defense whiners giving Brady a free pass?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Defense whiners giving Brady a free pass?

Brady is a first ballot Hall of Famer and this defense blows. Any questions?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In Response to Re: Defense whiners giving Brady a free pass?:
    Brady is a first ballot Hall of Famer and this defense blows. Any questions?
    Posted by BabeParilli

I agree with you completely on this. The 2003 offense with this defense would not get any where near the playoffs this year. That offense was good but the teams real strength was on defense. The top receiver caught less than 60 passes that year and the running attack was abysmal for most of the year (good in those freezing cold playoff games though). The rushing attack was ranked near the bottom in 2003, that's why Corey Dillon was brought in the next year. Unless we have a runner like Dillon that Belichek is hiding we need to score a lot to win. If one of these young running backs turns out to be like Dillon I expect we will see more carries by them. Until then I think our offense is fine the way it is. I want the coach to concentrate his energies on the defense (I have no doubt he is).  

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

People, the Pats scored 31 points, 31! they should have won the game. You can dance around it like some vestil virgin druids at the fall equinox all you want but the FACTS are three of Brady's picks were basically the same as really long, time consuming, punts. Anyone want to dispute that?   No, but we will certainly dance around it so we don't offend all the defensive players that read these message boards. The DEFENSE LOST THIS GAME. Not the O. Stop whining that people see the defense couldn't stop a paper towel tube rolling down a hill, let alone an NFL offense.
    Posted by rtuinila

Did you watch the game? How does an INT thrown in the red zone equal a long punt? It equals a missed chance for a chip shot field goal. That's 3 points genius which just happens to be how much we lost by. Add the pick 6 for another 7 and ( I hope this complicated math doesn't confuse you ) and you get Brady being responsible for 10 points.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

Yep, everyone that shows your lack of football knowledge is a troll.  Wow, there's you and 1000 trolls here.  Brady is awful!
    Posted by HaverhillBob

Brady was awful. Since when does a QB being a sure HOFer mean he can't blow a game? Just because some posters here would lick his nuts if they got a chance doesn't hide that fact.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfitone. Show kjfitone's posts

imo its more play calling than brady. a couple of his picks were not on him at all either. its surprising that he doesn't throw more interceptions with the predictability of the offensive play calling. they overcome with brady being the best qb in the game and guys like welker getting open along with the tight ends.

the defense will improve, there is a long long way to go and BB's teams play their best defense late in the year. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

In Response to Defense whiners giving Brady a free pass?:
     I was just wondering what game you all were watching yesterday. In the one I watched the Pats lost by 3 with Brady being personally responsible for a ten point spread. Some of you guys are as bad as the morons at the Globe who somehow thought that a 4 int game which included a red zone int that never should have been thrown -3 points and a pick 6 -7 points earned brady a B. You guys are pathetic.
    Posted by Evil2012

Bless your Evil heart Evil. Brady lays a couple of eggs like this every season. If not for that we easily cover the spread. Not just the initial points that we lost but the momentum that you handed the Bills by making those mistakes. Yeah the defense isn't great but Brady is the dude that's supposed to make everything right for us when the clock runs out at the end of the game. I said the same thing at the end of the Jets playoff game last year. That's why he makes the big bucks and I guarantee you that Brady would even say the same thing. We'll kick the Cr@pp out of the Raiders this week by 20 points and that will make everything good again.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

In Response to Re: Defense whiners giving Brady a free pass? : The net points was 24, not 31. We can thank O'Brien and Brady for that. Stop saying things aren't really true.  You aren't fooling anyone. We watched the game. I've seen our team win games with the D allowing 30 points in Miami in 2003, a SB, veteran D without Brady throwing 4 INTs on the road. What did you say then?
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

I concur.. The way this team is constructed and the way the league is constructed now with all of their B />S penalties you have to be the better offensive team than your opponent. All Defenses are floundering and the Offense that makes the fewest mistakes will be the one that wins at the end of the day. I happen to believe the Pats can out score any team every week and that's why Sundays loss doesn't bother me. I watch every game I can get my mitts on and I haven't seen a team that flows like we do on offense. Some people would actually argue the Bills are but we had their offense in control until the momentum shifting turnovers occurred. If Brady only throws 2 Int's we win and easily cover the spread.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In Response to Re: Defense whiners giving Brady a free pass? : The net points was 24, not 31. We can thank O'Brien and Brady for that. Stop saying things aren't really true.  You aren't fooling anyone. We watched the game. I've seen our team win games with the D allowing 30 points in Miami in 2003, a SB, veteran D without Brady throwing 4 INTs on the road. What did you say then?

I said the D was horrible, thank goodness the O made up for their mistakes. Just like this week I say the O scored enough points, the D should have come up with some stops. 

And all your statements, though true, don't change the FACT that, right now, this D can't stop a paper towel tube from rolling down hill!

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Time to come back from da da land and get a grip.

If Brady Threw for 387 yards, 4 TDs, 2 INTs and drove the team to the tying score in the waning minutes you would all be hailing him as awesome, but because he had a couple passes tipped and they fell into the wrong hands instead of the ground (as happens to almost every QB in every game) you say he was "awful".

Meanwhile a D that has been absolutely shredded with the pass over and over again is defended tooth and nail because to admit they just plain suck would be to admit the GM has failed for too many years now. I can't figure out if this is more comical or pathetic.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

In Response to Re: Defense whiners giving Brady a free pass? : Watch, the D will contain McFadden, get a couple turnovers and our resident pink hats won't say a word about it. Just watch.

I've been busy for the last few days and haven't read any posts /> I'm actually a little surprised at the panic. If Brady plays a decent game which he does 90% of time we win easily and we're cruising to oakland to send their criminal fans home crying again. I'm looking forward to the game Sunday and I'm loading up my grease gun with rum. I'll be lubed up good by 4:00

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Defense whiners giving Brady a free pass? : Watch, the D will contain McFadden, get a couple turnovers and our resident pink hats won't say a word about it. Just watch.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mnp3a. Show mnp3a's posts

(...) We can thank O'Brien and Brady for that. (...)

what do you think about this:

offense/defense don't look in sync:

offense scores FAST and IN BUNCHES --- /> puts pressure on the other team to pass and score...... but this defense is NOT good against the pass.

this defense thrives on turnovers, but those are not predictable, so teams have to gamble: they have to go for the risky pass downfield, sometimes they get intercepted, sometimes they score... but they are seldom STOPPED.

that's what i don't like about the offense: people can rave all they want about Brady's stats and overall performance, and trash the defense giving yards and all that. but they shouldn't hide from the fact that a BIG lead calls for time-consuming drives,  and they ARE missing

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from HaverhillBob. Show HaverhillBob's posts

Yeah, sure wasn't 3 picks in a row.  Did you actually watch the game?  And what is it about a pick that makes the D give up an 95 yard drive?  You want to whine about that questionable call against Sergio?  The D had already given up 75 yards on that drive.  Just because of a questionable call, you want to negate a TD?  You are getting more pathetic with each and every post. 

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RWF. Show RWF's posts

Brady has become Manning. 

The Pats are just like the Colts of several years back. All O, No D.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts