Defense wins championships

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Re: Defense wins championships

In Response to Re: Defense wins championships:
    [QUOTE]Rusty - why do you think the pats lost?  No BS. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

1 INT
    Stalled drives/Dropped TD pass.
    Not making enough big plays.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Defense wins championships : Pats are 25th in total defense for 2010.  Fantasy is nice, but eventually reality sets in.
    Posted by DontQuestionBB[/QUOTE]

What was NOs D ranked last year?  26th, I believe? Yup. 26th.

Passing yards allowed is one of the dumbest stats available. That's what I call fantasy. Looking at pasing yards allowed as LOW IQ Bart Scott babbles about how NE's D couldn't stop a nosebleed, when his team allowed 5 points less all year.

And who had the more difficult schedule?  NE did.

You're blind if you think this D was put into good positions in this game. 

The reality is the Pats D bailed out this offense many times this season with goal line stands, turnovers, keeping teams to FGs, etc.

15 players on IR, most of that on defense, and it's absolutely ludicrous to pretend this new, young D is a problem.

Beyond ludicrous. Early in the season against teams like Miami on the road, SD, or Minny and Balt at home, the defense held the forst time and again to win those games.

The fact O'brien couldn't call plays in-game to combat the D Coordinators is the issue.

Very clear.  Jets did a good job in this one and the offense fumbled twice, allowed 5 sacks and tons of hurries and was INT'd once.

I sure would have liked to have seen a more ground and pound approach in a low scoring, close game.

The D gave up on bad TD to Braylon Edwards off the 58 yard pass play. Other than that, they played well enough to win, absolutely.

You enjoy 3 and outs and short fields over and over?  I don't.  I am sure NE's depleted, young D didn't either.

I expect a lot mor a than a FG in the 1st half at home off a Bye week from that offense and I expected more urgency in the second half as well.

What games do fans watch? 

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]How do Pats board bullies become apologists so quickly, it sickens me.  All season long you folks hunt down so-called "trolls" for daring to question the effectiveness of the Pats during game threads and now YOUR excuses are piling up like an overstuffed garbage truck. We were 14-2.  Super Bowl opportunities don't come around very often.  We lost.  We failed.  Your "god" Belichick has admitted it. Follow his lead.
    Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]

blow it out your a$s.  there, how's that?  You were one of the crying babies early.  Then you settled down when the team outperformed your estimate.  you're a fan?  Wow, with fans like you who needs PhatRex.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

No one claimed the pass rush didn't need improvement.

Also, no one complained in December when NE picked teams off, got sacks, hurries and confused some pretty decent QBs like Manning, Cutler, et, al.   Or, when they blistered Pitt on the road and be really never looked back.

NY's pass rush was WORSE than NE's all year and they got 5 sacks and plenty of hurries.

There is no way you can claim the D is to blame for that loss.  NE's offense did next to nothing until late in the game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Defense wins championships : 1 INT Stalled drives/Dropped TD pass. Not making enough big plays.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]
    I thought the jets D played a very similar game vs the colts as the did the pats.  I think it was difficult for Brady (like Manning) to find openings.  The drops hurt, especially due to the limited opportunities.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Dumb thread

Our offense was anemic in this game, were you even watching?  We passed 45 times, we averaged 36% on third down opportunities most of which were third and long because we weren't running to create 3rd and short chances, Brady was sacked 5 times, we fumbled 3 times and had 6 penalties... our pass first, finesse offense is soft.  

The Jets were a power running, highly efficient defensive minded ball control team, our offense hung our defense out to dry and gave them horrible field position all day.  Defense doesn't happen in a vacuum, all three phases work in tandem and our offense is pathetic; great in the regular season, born to lose in the playoffs... no toughness.