Defense

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Re: Defense

Russ, you are rationalizing against your own belief system.  Last night you made a big deal out of teams not game planning in the preseason.  Today, after the debacle, you wouldn't be surprised.  Contradiction with rationalization.

What's contradictory is that you said you were "Singing the praises for the attitude, energy, running the ball, balanced offense, yes."

But per your comments I referred to in the previous post, last week you weren't singing the praises of those things.  It was the D and their execution ("feelin it"), which were in shambles last night.  Contradictory.  You need to remember what you say.

As for what BB said, its pretty common knowledge that the 3rd PS game is used for starters to get a better sense of playing a game, not just a series or two.  

The fact is you really don't know what you are talking about do you?  you just throw sht against the wall and watches to see what sticks.  Admit it. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

In Response to Re: Defense:
    [QUOTE]That's a contradiction?  Because one week they played great and one week inconsistent on offense TOP, and field position and it was BAD, this means I contradicted myself? Are you this dumb? My comments are different because the game approach and execution was different.
    Posted by russgriswold[/QUOTE]

Russ I am somewhat confused.  Isnt the 3rd preseason game considered the most important?  Isnt it the game where the starters play the most and teams spend the week like a regular season week geting ready?  

Are you saying the Pats didnt treat last night like that?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

[QUOTE]Why is the 3rd one most important? It depends on the team, the situation of the personnel, what a the coach wants to do, etc. You act like each team's preseason games are all exactly the same approach. You are clueless.  It depends. How hard are these things to understand for people like you? Are you this far gone or just great at trolling? 

Wow Russ that was well thought out.  I ask a legit question and you go postal.  You are a real life joke.

It's pretty common knowledge the 3rd game is consider the most important and yes Most (if not all) see it that way and play the starters a majority of the game as the final tune-up before the regular season.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

[QUOTE]There are many spots up for grabs on defense. Get it? So, no, it's not "play the starters and it's the most important game". It just depends. Pretending BB is a run of the mill, average coach is hilarious to me.

yea Rusty nail, thats what rookie camp, training camp practices, Preseason game 1 & 2 & 4 are for.  The 3rd preseason game is the one that is used as a dress rehearsal for week 1 of the regular season. 

You really are clueless.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

[QUOTE]who said that about BB Rusty? did I miss that?
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

That was me.  Because I said the Pats treated the 3rd preseason game like other teams do, in Rusty's twisted mind, that meant I was saying BB is like every other nfl coach.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

[QUOTE]Yea I see so what you are saying is he put words in your mouth?

Yes because us pink hats dont have a clue, Rusty is kind enough to explain to us what we are thinking.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

[QUOTE]LoL That is great let me try....right about now you are thinking about how bad you would love to sleep with Megan Fox....and you are a little hungry...maybe you order a pizza later.....am I getting close? LOL

Oh my god that is scary.  How did you do that????

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Russ - The pats are not the contradiction, you are.  I'd give you credit for trying to deflect the arguement, but I don't think you are that smart.  

Its a contradiction that you were singing the praises of the team for their preseason success (specifically the defense and execution) as if it were an indication of their actual excellence, but in defeat vs. a terrible (your word) team you are now calling it just a preseason game and trying to say you have been singing their praises for their attitude and energy and balance (no mention of defense????).  

The fact that you didn't know that the 3rd preseason game is generally the most important for teams where their starters are concerned demonstrates that you really don't know that much about the NFL. 

You've also contradicted yourself by saying teams don't game plan in the preseason (even busting someones balls for it) but are now willing to accept the suggestion because a terrible (your word) team made your great team look mediocre. 

You are a contradiction, but I am not surprised given how much you post about something you know very little about. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

[QUOTE]LoL That is great let me try....right about now you are thinking about how bad you would love to sleep with Megan Fox....and you are a little hungry...maybe you order a pizza later.....am I getting close? LOL

See Tas - there you go again.  Is the honeymoon over?  LOL

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Any way you look at it the defense looked bad last night, which is always a cause for concern. They struggled tremendously defending the pass and let the Rams convert too many third downs. Even playing vanilla defense most players were getting beat in the one on one battles on a regular basis. This is what I'm sure annoyed Belichick the most last night. The Rams kept marching about 70 yards downfield and owned the time of possession while the players didn't seem like they wanted to be there. BB should be upset and will punish the players in practice.

But..... it's preseason and there's still a few weeks left. They lost a preseason game, not the superbowl. They looked good the first two games and were obviously focusing on other areas last night. Just because they had one bad night in preseason doesn't mean they are doomed for the rest of the year. While there are many reasons to be worried after last nights game, there are also many reasons to be optimistic. Gronkowski looks like the real deal, the run defense was pretty good, special teams has been superb all preseason, and the passing offense is looking like it's ready to own the league this year.

Get off Russ' back everyone. Contrary to popular belief, he was unhappy with the teams overall performance last night. I don't think anyone was happy about it, but there were positives to take out of the game and he did so. You can't fault him for criticizing what they didn't do well (pass D, zone D) and praising what they did (Passing game, run D). This is what everyone does week to week. He did it last week along with everyone else. They looked very good last week on all sides of the ball, and even experts were praising the Pats on all sides of the ball. Now, one week has passed and some of you are mad at him because he was excited last week but isn't as excited this week? Really? That's absurd. I also agree with his point that the Rams would have game planned for last night to help familiarize Bradford with NFL gameplanning for the regular season. We will never know how much of a precursor this game was of the regular season until it starts.

Honestly, I'm kind of glad this game happened. They were embarrassed last night and the coaching staff will make sure they work extra hard so that it doesn't happen again. Even though it's preseason they will be worked harder and hopefully will work themselves harder as well.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

[QUOTE]Oh no underdogg now you are going to really p*ss him off. Watch out! lol Dont go challenging Rusty's football knowledge dogg he knows more about football then god himself and he is the most awesome Pats fan that ever lived....just ask him.

Keep saying Rusty cause all I can keep thinking about is that Seinfeld episode where Kramer was doing that livery carriage in NY with the horse that kept making gas.

RUSTY!!!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

I wasn't able to find the game on TV but did finally watch part of the 2nd half on the Internet. Down 20-14 to start the 2nd half the Rams went on an almost 10 minute TD scoring drive. How did that happen and was the 1st team D in for that drive?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Defense : I don;t think there is one thing BB does that is run of the mill. He's the most unpredictable coach in the NFL. That was my point. None of us have a clue why he tries to channel certain things as part of of his methods to his madness. I just think it's funny we have these dorks here who think they know more than BB.  It's hilarious. "The 3rd preseason game is the most important!" It is?  Why bother playing 1, 2 and 4 then?

Rusty even you are not that simple minded are you?  Saying game 3 is the most important doesnt mean that 1,2 & 4 are useless. They are still important, game 3 is MORE important. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

[QUOTE]Game 3 is like a dress rehearsal but that is not saying much. Yes its the most important one but its still just pre season.

SHUT UP YOU PINK HAT!!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MatildaWanna. Show MatildaWanna's posts

[QUOTE]Why is the 3rd one most important? It depends on the team, the situation of the personnel, what a the coach wants to do, etc. You act like each team's preseason games are all exactly the same approach. You are clueless.  It depends. How hard are these things to understand for people like you? Are you this far gone or just great at trolling? 
    Wow this man RUSS is a genius....He must have written hundreds of books and taught all the NFL coaches. I feel dreamy!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]"depth is too young".  That's a new one. "D is slow and old" - Trolls, 2006-2008.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MatildaWanna. Show MatildaWanna's posts

[QUOTE]So Matilda is your boyfriend and you didnt introduce her to everyone? What a bad gay person you are lol
    that doesnt make sense

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MatildaWanna. Show MatildaWanna's posts

[QUOTE]Pink hat "Patsman2" and MatildaWanna entertaining one another.    Priceless. What a cute couple.
    You are just upset cuz everyone knows you use to be mm1021us. I heard bad things about you. Why do you have to be such a nerd and hateful?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Back then they may have been "slow and old" but made up for it with wily and savvy veterans with much tolerance, patience and a will to own the other team. They made plays when needed. These guys just need a little more maturity and they'll be fine. This is coming from a Giants fan. Always had respect for good football no matter what team.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JEFFDUBE. Show JEFFDUBE's posts

This was not the Patriots we saw last week. Where did they go, Martha's Vinyard? Who has the answers with your 6 figure salaries? Enough with the recap BS...a monkey can do that! Does the Globe actually pay these guys!
    Jeff on Cape Cod

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

[QUOTE]And Underdogg lol no the honeymoon period is not over I love my wife of course lol but that does not mean I cant joke about hot chicks people want to bone. My wife was not born in the 50's she knows i look at other chicks, its no biggie. I only go into this with you because you bring this up every time it comes up.

Just having a little fun. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

7-9

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Phizzeldickus. Show Phizzeldickus's posts

[QUOTE]Oh I know I had a smile on my face no worries.

Hello there, Im not going to give up hope just yet on the Patriot team. They have good ownership, good coaches, and a new mall the wife and I want to shop at. Cheer up my new friends, all is not lost yet, the season has yet to begin. Now, Now no grim faces. We must volley forward and face the day with vim and vigor. Pip Pip, and all that good rot!